Pqube localizing Steins;Gate 0, 2016, PS4/Vita, Preorders Up

Funyarinpa

4 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

So I just noticed an English patch exists for the PC version. Awesome. Came out of nowhere, but it looks good.

Yes, one Russian guy (riku.kh3) made it. The first version of the patch has been "released" about a week ago. The latest version can be found here:

Spoiler

[removed] 

Edited by Nosebleed
Piracy is bad

It's nice, not all the menus are translated it seems, but all the text & images / videos are.

They left the PC crowd out in the cold, they released it on PS3 for fucks sake. Their excuse for not releasing a PC English version right now is "it would take so much work"

But it's been less than two weeks and already one man has made an almost perfect English PC version. Drag & dropped some files, subbed some videos, just the options menu isn't fully translated. They had no excuse.

I don't get Pqube and 5pb. They could at least announce the official English version for PC/Steam. But no, they prefer to lose the money for some reason.

Well, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people (including me) WILL buy S;G 0 after its inevitable release on Steam. But a lot of people will NOT, because the "free version" has been released a long time ago, and they already finished it.

Edited by trickzzter
typo

Nobody seems to understand what the hell 5pb/Mages is thinking when it comes to the PC. It's definitely not up to PQube, BTW, so don't blame them.

1 hour ago, trickzzter said:

Yes, one Russian guy (riku.kh3) made it. The first version of the patch has been "released" about a week ago. The latest version can be found here:

Don't link to pirate stuff here.

Edited by Decay

Well, it's just they claimed a PC version /w English translation would be too much work. That they didn't have the resources to do it, basically, it would take too much time and money, but maybe in the future.

Meanwhile this russian kid released it within days of the US VIta release and whatnot, and has only made it better like a week later.  So it feels deceptive.

This thread almost gave me cancer, gosh. It's pretty obvious that they gave to go through quite a few organizational issues before releasing it on steam by themselves and they have only just released the first game there. Noone would want to get the sequel out of the gate that fast. 

But I would laugh if after seeing this they made PC an extremely low priority. 

Also the link is still there, I'd vote for banning people for the straight pirate links. 

Edited by novurdim

23 minutes ago, trickzzter said:

Why not? Danganronpa 2 has been released after two months since the release of DG1

Because it will inevitably lead to the logical loss of the initial sales. Spacing out releases is pretty much the common sense plus they probably didn't want to lose console sales from all the PC piracy. A completely justified concern, as you've  just proven, and don't give me that silliness about some kind of "revenge", most would pirate day 1 either way. Now they at least had a good starting position for several weeks and the patch also isn't that widespread yet. 

Their only mistake was releasing Japanese pc version too early.  

Edited by novurdim

Seems like you misunderstood something. There are two patches: one for PC and one for... PS3. :) And it's not like you can't pirate it on Vita too. The game will be pirated anyway, regardless of the platform. The only way to minimize the losses it to release the game on all platforms simultaneously. And no, it's not about "revenge" or something, people just want to play the game on their preferred platform as soon as possible.

Edited by trickzzter

You can't pirate it on vita. There's no way to bypass 3.61 fiirmware check protection.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/50j7wb/read_this_if_youre_on_361/

https://github.com/henkaku/henkaku/issues/11

Very likely to be lv0 checks. At offset 0x1B0 of the control info of the SELF, there is a min system version field. This is signed along with the rest of the SELF and is likely checked by lv0. That means we won't be able to bypass it anytime soon (it would require a lv0 hack). It is also possible that Sony added new keys to 3.61, which means that lv0 must be hacked in 3.61 to get them.

10 hours ago, novurdim said:

Their only mistake was releasing Japanese pc version too early.  

They shouldn't have released it TBW. Jap PC is a shit platform for all ages releases. This has been proven multiple times.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

4 hours ago, trickzzter said:

PS3

Lol. Pretty much irrelevant on its scope. 

And it's not like you can't pirate it on Vita too.

It's like you can't. 

The game will be pirated anyway, regardless of the platform

Not really, as you can see, at least not from the get go and not as widespread as pc it always makes. 

What's done is done, of course, and there's not much point to starting another holy war, but I really see no reason to be happy about it in the big scheme of things even for the most cynical of pirates: pc gets even worse rep, great guys at PQube get less money, 5pb's less popular games like Anonymous;Code become even less likely to be localized. Hopefully enough people already bought it for ps4 and vita either way. 

saying that the quality of the translation is good... I don't even...
they "Americanized" every single name in the game, changed the order of the names, changed surnames with first names with no patter.., rip off honorifics, ruined and added retarded american speech slang to many characters, replaced the senpai honorific with plain names and then at some point started using it again explaining the meaning of senpai in 1 sentence... so why didnt they used it from the beginning? xD Oh yeah I know, if they use senspai the readers would get lost, who is senpai? you can only see kurisu and maho in the scene, there is on one named senpai there, I'm lost! please Americanize everything for me, please!

They should have also added some dank memes randomly to some scenes just to not to confuse some readers and make them uncomfortable with the weird japanese terms : (, ahh is that an american flag waving in the background? oh and uncle sam? Now i can understand the plot , yokatta I mean thank you God almighty!

There are some bad translated parts (which points out of a translation not being QC or TLC), for example at one point 

Spoiler

moeka is working for you gathering info and okabe says "I should keep investigating things out on the matter" and she answers "ok, I will keep working on it" (im paraphrasing since i cant recall exactly what they said but clearly he was referring to her and not to himself) this happens a few times

changing the meanings of どうして to why from how or vise-versa when the characters meant something else, changing the meanings of 寂しい and 寒い

not using the word 萌え for some reason because people that read vns dont know what the hell moe is, right? :rolleyes: again bring me something american im getting triggered here with all this weeb BS : (

and I can go on and on....

The translation problems if you don't understand what they are saying is not that bad since you will still get the plot but adding that stupid american slang here and there... that's just bad taste and when they actually change some words (that are in the dictionary of the game) to the "equivalent" of the English ones and then some others they dont... it just doesnt make any sense AT ALL.

At least they kept the childish way that Mayuri uses, but overall they lied or at some point changed how they were translating everything (I remember reading a blog and one of the translator explaining that they were going to leave the honorifics and many other things untouched and stay as true as they could to the jap ver and the previous translation which was way better than this one, so this lead me to believe again that at some point someone changed everything and in the process they ruined some parts of the translation too, that or they didnt QC/TLC)

But then again, how can I complain when I'm being lazy not reading it in japanese and im also using a "free translation":vinty:

38314644.jpg

OH yeah I forgot using the word "Lintahlo" (リンターロ) because let's be racist, it's fun! Even though the professor speaks English he doesn't say it with a fucking L like mocking a Chinese speaker, in fact you can clearly hear him saying "rintarou" in a really poorly and badly acted American accent but that's another issue not related to the translation... (and he is a japanese VA so even if he wanted to pronounce it with an L that's something really difficult for him)

what was I saying? Oh yeah:

Yeah, I am upset at all the American Slang and clearly mistranslated parts.

The amount of Senpais I've heard, with the onscreen text saying the persons name instead...it does change the meaning quite abit.  I don't know much Japanese really, but I've heard enough in various VNS and Anime to know when something is "wrong" like that.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

Yeah, I am upset at all the American Slang and clearly mistranslated parts.

The amount of Senpais I've heard, with the onscreen text saying the persons name instead...it does change the meaning quite abit.  I don't know much Japanese really, but I've heard enough in various VNS and Anime to know when something is "wrong" like that.

It's just adapted.

What I don't like about those great guys at PQube, it's a lack of any definite information concerning PC port. They put SG on Steam (after how many years of fan and official TL) and at the same time release Zero for consoles. Just give a hope for non-pirate community and those who can wait, will do that.

7 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

What I don't like about those great guys at PQube, it's a lack of any definite information concerning PC port. They put SG on Steam (after how many years of fan and official TL) and at the same time release Zero for consoles. Just give a hope for non-pirate community and those who can wait, will do that.

They don't have the rights for the pc version