Unnamed Neko Sensou/Cat Wars project - Looking for Artist

NowItsAngeTime

VN Overview

You may have heard the occasional theory of a potential catgirl 'dystopia' in a certain popular catgirl VN. (given that in a sense catgirls in that world could basically be seen as slaves). 

This visual novel will take that theory to a logical extreme in that sense. Catgirls will be used and abused negatively by humans and it will eventually turn into a rebellion/war started by those who want to fight for Catgirl rights.

There will be a decent amount of realistic military action, the setting will take place in Japan (of course).

At the moment, we're planning to have 3 routes. This VN at the moment is not going to have explicit H scenes.

Current Project Team

• I'm currently the project manager of this whole VN
  • We have the main writer who's written the major scenarios planned out, as well as a timeline (history wise) as well as a timeline that will be referred to for writing specific scenarios
  • We have an editor who mostly reviews our scenario documents, records meetings when we have them and will likely be an editor of the VN when it's released
  • We have a programmer who will be programming the VN through Renpy
  • We have someone who will contribute to making music 
  • There are a few people who came up with the original idea of the VN and have helped make some character concepts.

Current Progress 

At this point we have the major scenarios planned for this VN written out. We also have all the major characters' personalities and backstories written up in addition to a few secondary characters. We have Renpy set up and know some general ideas of how we're going to use it.

Our next task, in addition to looking for art, is to start actually writing dialogue. 

Looking for Artist

Right now, we're looking for an Artist. For the most part, we just want art that we think would be fitting for the setting and plot. That said, we're very open to artist interpretation and freedom. 

Our highest priority at the moment is looking for someone who can at least make art for our characters given their personalities and physical descriptions. Backgrounds would be nice too but since one of our teammates is currently living in Japan, he can easily take photos and blur them a bit.

We have a Discord server where we keep all our documentation (we'd rather not show it publicly at the moment) so if/when an artist joins our group, we'd like for him/her to join the Discord server to read the documentation as well as post progress for us.

If you know anyone who would be interested in being an artist for this VN project please reply to this project and PM me! If possible, we'd like you to show previous examples of art you made to see if it could be a good fit to hire you on."

Oh look, another vn concept set in the weeaboo land :amane:

It's nice and all you have a general outline ready, but ever thought about giving actual reasons for such spieces to even exist in the first place? Why would the human race abuse their own creation so much? Wouldn't co-existence on a master-servant basis be more beneficial to both of them? Why start a war? I seriously hope you guys have already asked yourselves those questions.

It's completely fine to create a purely dark dystopian world, but you need actual context, otherwise you're creating a shallow and overly edgy setting with a sole purpose to become fetish fuel. That aside, I don't think humans would actually start a war between themselves, just because some of the nations or groups oppose the freedom of an animal-like, genetically engineered race of pets; if anything, it would be the species itself starting a fight against humanity for their own rights, provided they are sentient enough for that (and they don't necesarilly have to be - they can as well be more human-like, but still have a logic of an animal and intelligence of an eight year old child).

That aside, time to call RSPCA :makina:

6 hours ago, bigfatround0 said:

Is this a paid position? I'd like to sign up.

Here's a quick sketch I did.

Reveal hidden contents

0aUuG9e.png

I'm willing to do some more sketches if you need more.

This is art right here, Innocent Grey levels even.

As the neko lover that I am I can't allow such abuse of the most adorable kind of creature! I'll fight to save them! :saber: