Organizing Visual Novels

Red_Rain77

I simply keep one big folder called "VNs" on my desktop, and have a few sub folders in there with all my games. 

1 for Mangagamer 

1 for Denpasoft / SP

1 for Saya on Uta. Erhem, I mean Jast. 

And then 1 for fan translations / untranslated games. 

I have my VNDB, though I suck at updating it, so I'm not really organized at all when it comes to VNs. I just go through my stupid amount of titles and find one I want to read next :miyako: 

I have a VN folder, and in the VN folder I have an TL folder and in that folder I have all kind of genres from Nukige, Yuri, Nakige and much more and in my VN folder I also have a 日本語 folder with the same style of sorting like my TL folder. 

I might also add that I add my VNs as non-steam games on steam and set them in a category.... 

1 hour ago, Asonn said:

I have a VN folder, and in the VN folder I have an TL folder and in that folder I have all kind of genres from Nukige, Yuri, Nakige and much more and in my VN folder I also have a 日本語 folder with the same style of sorting like my TL folder. 

I might also add that I add my VNs as non-steam games on steam and set them in a category.... 

OH right! That's possilbe on steam. 

Can other people see what you play when you do that?

It would be hilarious to fire up a random nukige from Mangagamer, and have my steam friends see: "Dergonu is playing: Suck my dick or die!" 

I am completely okay with "Games" folder and games there. As I use 10x2 TB HDD all installed on same PC, there is no problem to track VNs I read. All physical stuff is on my shelf, so no problem to organize that as well.

48 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

OH right! That's possilbe on steam. 

Can other people see what you play when you do that?

It would be hilarious to fire up a random nukige from Mangagamer, and have my steam friends see: "Dergonu is playing: Suck my dick or die!" 

yes, they will 

For Steam, I divide it up into finished, "in progress", and not started. For non-Steam ones, I have a flash drive for unfinished (in progress or not started) games and one for finished ones. I use VNDB to track all the ones I have obtained and/or read and I'm very good about that (although I never say I am playing one; just stalled or finished).

On 5/29/2016 at 2:47 PM, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I have a folder enticingly titled 'VNs' which sits in My Documents. So it's not organised at all, really ;)

Hey what a coincidence.:o Not like I have much to show off.