Which VN localization company do you prefer?

The title says it all. Which VN localization company, out of the major 3, do you prefer? I prefer Mangagamer out the 3 and I will give my pros and cons of the company.

Pros

- Don't take a long time with releases.

- Have a good staff of translators.

- Don't abuse funding programs like Kickstarter.

- They license some really good VNs.

Cons

- Their marketing and advertising is abysmal. They only use their twitter to promote things, which isn't enough.

There is my favorite localization company with provided reasons why I like the company so much.

Mangagamer all the way. Like, I love them all of course, but Mangagamer is simply the best for me.

1) They translate the shit I want

2) They aren't afraid to release H-content with some controversy

3) From my personal experience with their support and staff, they are on a different level from their competitors.

I'll put my vote on MangaGamer as well, I think their library is pretty good and their prices are also really appealling. I think they understand the market they work in a lot better than most people, albeit I'll have to agree the advertising front isn't particularly stellar. Recently MG hasn't really made a big impact, with most of the stuff they announce being physical copies (I guess to some this is a big deal but to me it's definitely not), but I still do like their business model the most out of the rest. They're also fairly good at communicating with their costumers.

If SP wasn't as terrible as communicating their intentions as well as handling 18+ releases, I might have voted for them because it's clear they aim for the big titles we all know and love. Their acquisition of Maitetsu has really made me question their sanity though. Also they seem to often take on more than they can chew.

Jast... they just... are there I guess. If they didn't release one game a year perhaps my opinion on them would be different.

Yeah Mangagamer all the way, though I'd be much happier with them if they got around to translating and releasing Maggot Baits.

• They don't take 3000 years translating (for the most part)
  • They are currently translating something I really want and have done stuff I wanted in the past too
  • Their releases work well for the most part (at least I had no issues with any thus far)

There's more reasons but I don't need to name more since the other two can't even come near MG, they're both "translating" stuff I want but they always take a million years

9 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Jast... they just... are there I guess. If they didn't release one game a year perhaps my opinion on them would be different.

:wahaha:

Yeah so true.

The worst part is that the game they were going to release this year got me so hyped, I instantly pre-ordered the physical edition, then they are like...

"Oh, we must re-translate the whole thing, because we were apperantly drunk when we translated it. Haha. Sorry."

(Why the yuri JAST?! Why?!!?!!? :pyaa: )

RIP in flowers.

Pyaa SP (furi: sagapura :Kappa:) is the best company because they got funz people, dank games, and flawless munney getting tekunikku. It's just the evil JP companies removing faps from the games not themm. I fap to the grills without H-scenes too also. :sachi::sachi: 

This comment was only made because Dergonu and VirginSmasher demanded so.

1 minute ago, Kiriririri said:

Pyaa SP (furi: sagapura :Kappa:) is the best company because they got funz people, dank games, and flawless munney getting tekunikku. It's just the evil JP companies removing faps from the games not themm. I fap to the grills without H-scenes too also. :sachi::sachi: 

I'd give this post a shitpost/10.

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

:wahaha:

Yeah so true.

The worst part is that the game they were going to release this year got me so hyped, I instantly pre-ordered the physical edition, then they are like...

"Oh, we must re-translate the whole thing, because we were apperantly drunk when we translated it. Haha. Sorry."

(Why the yuri JAST?! Why?!!?!!? :pyaa: )

RIP in flowers.

Why must they deprive me of more Innocent Grey? :kosame:

No contest, Mangagamer. Why?:

1) Better timed releases.

2) Better handling of all ages and 18+ releases.

3) Has a "can do" attitude about their releases, thanks in part to the blog posts where the staff comment on the games they worked and the biweekly progress updates for their games' translation stats (which is also better presented than JAST's).

Hmm

I'd like to say SP, because of their games usually appeal to me more, but in the light of recent events, I just can't.

Thus, I'll choose Mangagamer as well. They didn't ave that good of a start as a company, but when I got into visnovs, they released my first VN ever and nowadays they have great translators, decently fast releases, good variation, no KS bullshizzle, they do interact with the community to a higher extent than others and they handle all-ages/+18 better.

Gangamamer all the way

Well, the winner is Mangagamer duh. Especially if we based on how much good VN that we get from them (Yurirei, Haruka, Kara no Shoujo 2, Tokyo Babel) compared to their competitor (JAST only had Seinarukana for this year release, and Sekai had Root Double if we talk about commercial release). Although in the past Mangagamer had controversy too like Sekai in regard of localization cost. 

About the controversy, Mangagamer was ripped voice from Koihime Musou and Kara no Shoujo in order to cut license cost (Probably), while Sekai using fund rising like Kickstarter and their best license as for now was basically already fan translated VN (Although they did improve Clannad translation though).

JAST, according to VNDB it's not that bad though if we talk about the release, but they tendency to delay the VN release like Seinarukana from 2012 was of course give the company bad reputation. Although if I might said they didn't had bad reputation in the past though ie they release mostly nukige and the internet at that time was not as widespread as of now.

And for last word, as of now Mangagamer was winning if we talk about the future release (DaCapo 3, Bokuten, Pygmalion) compared to JAST and Sekai. So yeah, once again I'd choose Mangagamer.

I would definitely have to say I prefer Mangagamer, my view of them was kinda iffy in the past, but since certain changes they're become quite the model localizing company in my books. Honestly, limited activation codes were stupid, I'm so happy they seem to be phasing them out with their newer releases. (Now, if only they would fix this with their older releases.:yumiko:)  They seem to have the more sales per year as well , and their points system can be really rewarding for returning customers. (I love getting more bang for my buck.) I have to agree that their advertising is pretty terrible though. (I didn't even know they existed until they announced Kara no Shoujo, and even then I kinda found them by accident.)

For Jast I really want to jump on the bandwagon bashing them for their slow releases, but they have some really good titles in their library plus their relationship with Nitro+ gives me hope for future announcements, it just might take awhile.  Despite not really having many sales on their main site, Jast seems to be one of the only ones to be taking advantage of sites like HumbleBundle and Groupees which has helped me build my backlog for a fraction of the price. :holo: Their customer service is actually pretty stellar as well, but then again I've never had to contact the other two.

Sekai gives me the most conflicting emotions, they have released some pretty high profile stuff and continue to announce interesting titles, but their pace for translating is really all over the place and their reliance on Kickstarter and Indiegogo is really starting to get gross. They announced things like Kokonoe Kokoro, Koenchu!, and Paca Plus (All fairly short titles.) forever ago and they're still not out. I don't even know the statuses on Koenchu! and Paca Plus it's like they announced them and forgot about them soon afterwards.:jinpou: