VN Characters You Felt That Needed a Route

atchikotchi

Lol you are seriously not a person who can take jabs well but like to dish

Whatever do you mean? I wouldn't ever dream of dishing out jabs. Even if, perchance, I were to so so, I would only be keeping in character, nothing more.

(But seriously, I don't take jabs well? That's news)

So nobody can ever accuse me of spam, I would also have liked if Moeka had a route in Steins; Gate. I am aware that she has one in the PSP sequel though.

Well I'll be saying some pretty obvious ones that were already said.
F/SN - Iliya (she didn't have one because she was a loli in appearance and Nasu didn't want his work to be related to lolis and the rep they bring...)

Tsukihime - Satsuki (she will have one in the remake yay)

Hoshimemo - Setsuna

G-Senjou - Tokita

Shuffle! - Mayumi

Also in Comyu I would've liked 2 routes, one would be something akin to a Yoruko route that would expand Gasai's and Akihito's relationship like a Caesar's legion ending, the other would be a Nanase route expanding the relationship between The round table and Babylon's Comyu/Akihito being a Round table ending.

I'd have to say Kanako from If my Heart had Wings, I know she works really well as a side character and that it is nice to have females who don't have routes but all the same, given how characterised and frequently she showed up it was a little disappointing to find that she didn't have a route.

I'd also have to agree with those who wanted Setsuna from Hoshizora no Memoria to have a route. 

Shino from Hoshizora no Memoria. I'm not usually into that type of hing but hell, i need it.

Chizuru for Grisaia no Kaijitsu

Only spoilers about Meikyuu's non-plot h-scenes, so...not too spoiler-y.

She has two sets of h-scenes in Meikyuu, one during her teen years (I think?  She's younger, at least) and one at her current age. Meikyuu don't go light on fanservice, obviously.

Only spoilers about Meikyuu's non-plot h-scenes, so...not too spoiler-y.

She has two sets of h-scenes in Meikyuu, one during her teen years (I think?  She's younger, at least) and one at her current age. Meikyuu don't go light on fanservice, obviously.

quote on the spoiler so spoiler

Meikyuu is as two-faced as Michiru, it has a glorious grand route and some forgettable short fandisk-ish character routes + ero-corner.

Meikyuu is as two-faced as Michiru, it has a glorious grand route and some forgettable short fandisk-ish character routes + ero-corner.

Professor Dave xD I thought that was so creepy how they made it an h-scene selection menu.

Haven't actually played Meikyuu, since I don't know any Japanese at all, I've just heard about it.

Professor Dave xD I thought that was so creepy how they made it an h-scene selection menu.

Haven't actually played Meikyuu, since I don't know any Japanese at all, I've just heard about it.

Definitely the motivation i need to learn Japanese but i'm conflicted because i wan't a Korean Harem. At least i did..................god dammit

• 3 months later...

I'd have to say Kanako from If my Heart had Wings, I know she works really well as a side character and that it is nice to have females who don't have routes but all the same, given how characterised and frequently she showed up it was a little disappointing to find that she didn't have a route.

I'd also have to agree with those who wanted Setsuna from Hoshizora no Memoria to have a route. 

Well Kanako and Hotaru does in "If My Heart Had Wings Flight Diary" But that is a fandisk. Though for If my Heart had Wings I would want a Akari route or a Hotaru route in the main game.

Usually, all the characters I like, which don't have routes, get them in some kind of sequel/fandisc/spin-off. But that isn't helping me at all, because nobody translates fandiscs or spin-offs. :/

But I'm still able to shake a few names out of my sleeve:

Kira*Kira has Aki and... that Yakuza lady's daughter. I don't know if either of those was thought-out well enough to be a real character, but both are kinda cute. Then there's the protagonist's sister, Yuuko. Even without a route, atleast give her a sprite, I hate conversations with background art. 

Not in need of route but in need of an ending, is Midori from Little Busters. I like her and wish the split descision would lead into more text, instead of game over.

Otherwise... Maybe give Yoru from Konosora her own route and move the double-twin route to the fandisc?

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who has been cursed to always like the girl with no route best, which includes Misha from Katawa Shoujo, Ilya from F/SN and Moeka from S;G, I'd say Misha and Ilya don't need a route.

Why Misha didn't need a route:

Besides she being in love with Shizune being the whole point of Shizune's route (not that it is a good route in the first place), there's the fact that Misha couldn't be omnipresent if she had a route of her own. I mean, she appears in Emi's route to tell you how stupid you are if you do choose the stupid thing to say at Emi's; she triggers Hanako's breakdown, without which the whole point of there being things you can't nor should handle would be lost; she's, you know, your friend. In all routes. If she had a route, who would play this part? Kenji? An additional character?

Why Ilya didn't need a route:

Sure, not there being an Ilya route left a lot of the universe out, something that Fate/Zero brought. You know, about Kiritsugu, the Einzbern family, how a vessel works etc. But I have no idea how there could be an Ilya route there without hurting F/SN's structure. Especially since it was supposed to be after Sakura's route or something. Ok, there might be a way. But she didn't neeeeeeed a route. I think it was fine the way it was.

But Moeka... I would be so happy with a Moeka route ):

While I want to say that you're wrong about Illya (because I fully believe you are), I am wondering why you didn't bother to mention best gril of FSN, which is obviously Kotomine, who doesn't have a route, sadly.