Anime Central Speculation and Announcement Thread

Decay

Just now, Codesterz said:

I so called it. Not a single interesting thing has been announced. Just a whole bunch of garbage. Maybe next convention, but I doubt it. The fan translation projects are always 10 times more interesting than what the localization companies bring.

I'm pretty sure your prediction was that MangaGamer would announce a bunch of OELVNs; not exactly what I would refer to as an accurate prediction.

I'm quite late this time, and well the announcement from Mangagamer was surely interesting for anyone else who want pyshical copy, but I'd only interested in the box though (Not that I could get it anyway). For Kyonyuu Fantasy, at this time the average score at VNDB was surprisingly high (At 8), while the premise was like our loser MC was assigned as knight in backwater village. Fata Morgana fandisc, well let's see it later although obviously any people who is fans of Fata Morgana will be very happy of course.

Sekai, even though some people might find it interesting, my predictoon still came true anyway (2 new title from 2 doujin partners, or rather unknown partner). From the graphic and trailer, 2236 AD wasn't look so interesting while Magical X Spiral was catch my attention with the gameplay remindme of Summon Night GBA version. Well, either way both of those still unknown title anyway.

Oh, and by the way Mangagamer announce that Tatarigoroshi (Part of Higurashi) will be out on June 24th and Umineko will be out on July 8th. I think that's all I could write for this announcement.

26 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Hmm, I think I'll go for the Kara no Shoujo 2 hardcopy.

Not really sure what to think about the Kyonyuu Fantasy announcement. Not the biggest fan of the art, but it's a fantasy title and one of the most popular nukiges. Well I guess at least @BookwormOtaku will be raving...

You know me so well and this is my current reaction (and most everyone else would be the onlookers' :makina:) :

As for the other announcements...

So I can understand folks being disappointed at that being the only announcement of note (I would have appreciated something from Caramel Box). Still, I can say we're at least getting a nukige with a good plot (for a nukige). Here's my review of the game if anyone's interested (though I should point out there are minor spoilers concerning a couple characters' development (though I did try to keep things vague) so read at your own risk):

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2012/10/import-games-for-adults-kyonyuu-fantasy.html

Edit: And yes, I admit the title "Funbag Fantasy" is ridiculous. Even my half joking translation guess of "Boobie Fantasy" would have sounded better :rolleyes:

Edited by BookwormOtaku
One more thing to add

Almost forgot, but Mangagamer also announced that another Drama CD from Yurirei (I mean Kindred Spirit) will be out next week, and looks like this time it will featured the story between our 'machosist' in love rocker Kouba Youka and our discipline committe member Airu Aki. Well, looking forward to it if you fan of Yurirei.

27 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Edit: And yes, I admit the title "Funbag Fantasy" is ridiculous. Even my half joking translation guess of "Boobie Fantasy" would have sounded better :rolleyes:

I was amused by that title as well. It's a bold choice, certainly, and it's not like I can think of anything better. But then again, I'm an aficionado of awkward alliteration and assonance.

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I'm a fan of the Kyonyuu Fantasy translation. Now @Arcadeotic won't have to hear me telling him to TL it. :makina:

Other than that, 4 physical editions, a fandisc, and a nukige that I have wanted for a while now. In overall, not a great day announcement wise.

Announcement of the day for me is Kyonyuu Fantasy and I could care less about any of the other announcements.

Oh happy days :sachi:

Well... It could've been much better

I'll say my 2¢ on the fandisc when I actually get around of playing it, but it wasn't an 'announcement' per se, when it was already kind of announcement

Never cared about hardcopies ever, so these are kind of eh to me

Kyonyuu Fantasy is definetly one of those nukiges I actually am interested in (aside from Bishoujo Mangekyou), so this was a pretty good announcement overall.

Came back home and realised I missed nothing at all, which is always nice.

You can't have good announcements every event, but the whole process of building up hype for what has turned out to be pretty shitty announcements is something I don't really see the benefit of. It just makes people even more cynical of hype machines ... if that's even possible. There was even a countdown clock and everything - which is a nice troll and all but ...

3 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I so called it. Not a single interesting thing has been announced. Just a whole bunch of garbage. Maybe next convention, but I doubt it. The fan translation projects are always 10 times more interesting than what the localization companies bring.

Hmm, I'm sure you'll be revisiting that statement by the end of convention season.

2 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Hmm, I'm sure you'll be revisiting that statement by the end of convention season.

Yeah, even without going into possible future official releases, there have been very few fan translations released in the past couple of years that have actually been interesting compared with some pretty nice official localisations. 

20 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Oh happy days :sachi:

Well... It could've been much better

I'll say my 2¢ on the fandisc when I actually get around of playing it, but it wasn't an 'announcement' per se, when it was already kind of announcement

Never cared about hardcopies ever, so these are kind of eh to me

Kyonyuu Fantasy is definetly one of those nukiges I actually am interested in (aside from Bishoujo Mangekyou), so this was a pretty good announcement overall.

That's 3 that actually care about Kyonyuu Fantasy being TLed. :miyako:

4 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

Aww man, I was looking forward to more moe title announcements rather than hearing about physical releases from already made games...

It is utterly beyond me how someone can be disappointed by the lack of moege being translated. This is like Stormfront idiots going "WHITES R UPPRESSED BWAAAA" man, lol. There's more than enough moe stuff coming out already, moege is the last thing to complain about.

Impressive that Euphoria is getting a limited physical edition lol

That said, I'm hyped for Higurashi and Umineko! Con-fucking-gratulations Gangamamer for releasing only two episodes of Higurashi in a whole damn year. I'll be a second-year at university before they even get to work on the "extra" arcs they promised to translate at this pace. For fuck's sake (I'd probably have pirated the fuck out of the original TL already, but Vokoca discouraged me and also that one only has PS2 graphics).

Well I am dissapointed that we didn't get to see a bigger title, like Shuffe essence +, Maggot baits, Sono Hana Nyuu Jene etc, but still.
I have to admit, I want all four of those physical editions....

Guh :vinty: Not a good time to be a broke MG fan.

At the very least, I am getting Euphoria and Kindred spirits so hard.

resumee of the day:

them having chosen kyonyuu fantasy over yabai? - well, reality sucksss...
angel beats getting an official tl? wait, but hamonias shown screens didnt look very.... ugh, promising?
seireki being the announcements sole shining star, despite its looks.