Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ question

Novel21

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry for the Necro, but this is the best topic to post this in. 

So I just more or less finished this VN (I only have End Sky 2 left to read). And I love it, soooo much! I had some mixed views of it early on, but it really is one of those VNs that I think everyone should read. Hell, I've even been telling my irl friends about it (well, the ones that like anime and stuff that is). Because I know that the translation is basically done, the only thing we are waiting on are the localizers to release it. And here is something that really pisses me off and that I don't understand, why the hell have the localizers not released this yet!?! According to the TLWiki page, the translation is 100% done. So then why in God's name have the localizers been just sitting on this gold mine for over a year and a half with no news!?!? I just can't understand, if the hard part was already done when they took the project from the fan-translation team (they got the translation around 100% done), why is it taking so God damn long to release this to the public? 

22 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Sorry for the Necro, but this is the best topic to post this in. 

So I just more or less finished this VN (I only have End Sky 2 left to read). And I love it, soooo much! I had some mixed views of it early on, but it really is one of those VNs that I think everyone should read. Hell, I've even been telling my irl friends about it (well, the ones that like anime and stuff that is). Because I know that the translation is basically done, the only thing we are waiting on are the localizers to release it. And here is something that really pisses me off and that I don't understand, why the hell have the localizers not released this yet!?! According to the TLWiki page, the translation is 100% done. So then why in God's name have the localizers been just sitting on this gold mine for over a year and a half with no news!?!? I just can't understand, if the hard part was already done when they took the project from the fan-translation team (they got the translation around 100% done), why is it taking so God damn long to release this to the public? 

If I'm not wrong they retranslated at least certain parts of it. Also Keroq deciding who/how they want to publish it took some time I guess? Note that when it got announced it was basically that Keroq wants to do it. After that is them starting to work on it and finding a partner to release it. From what I have heard making localizing deals can easily take 1-2 years to finish.

The time it takes for localization agreements to happens is heavily variable depending on the companies involved. The business stuff might've taken quite a while. But we also don't know how much they continued to work on the script after it was "100%." I know throughout translation, the translator has expressed that they weren't particularly happy with large parts of the translation.

Technical/programming work can also take a very long time, depending on source code availability, which engine was used, how much the original developers will do and how much they will not, etc etc. And then after that, there's testing and such as well. All told, it can be a very frustrating process.

@Kiriririri and @Decay

I see. I understand that these things can take time, but something that frustrates me even more is the lack of communication with the fanbase. I will confess here, that I hardly look at VN related news. But I am pretty sure that aside from the big announcement a year and a half ago that Subahibi will be localized, there has been little updates about this since. If progress is slow, that still doesn't justify not communicating on updates and such. I would at least like to know the progress of the situation. And I don't think I am alone in that. 

4 hours ago, Zalor said:

@Kiriririri and @Decay

I see. I understand that these things can take time, but something that frustrates me even more is the lack of communication with the fanbase. I will confess here, that I hardly look at VN related news. But I am pretty sure that aside from the big announcement a year and a half ago that Subahibi will be localized, there has been little updates about this since. If progress is slow, that still doesn't justify not communicating on updates and such. I would at least like to know the progress of the situation. And I don't think I am alone in that. 

And that's why Moogy regrets announcing upcoming release those 1,5 years ago. He probably couldn't (or maybe even didn't know details) say anything about what's going on with KeroQ and their plans, etc. Finally Frontwing is going to release this and they're kinda communicative.