To play Island or not

Kanbe

Common route is shit, Sara's and Karen's routes are weak (pathetically so), but once you get onto Rinne's path (and everything that comes after) things change pretty dramatically. 

Looking at your list it appears that you like comedy. Yeah you should read it. The atmosphere of the game is really good too. I'm entering Rinne's!

4 hours ago, Asonn said:

quite easy, it is really straightforward

Reveal hidden contents

you might have some trouble regarding the time travelling stuff, but nothing to crazy. 

Spoiler

theory of relativity lol

-Don't expect much out of Karen's path or Sara's... both have really weak, rushed character development for a VN based in an essentially peaceful era.  They basically exist solely to provide background information to build up Rinne's path.  This VN would be much better as a kinetic novel than as a multi-path VN.

Edit: Just to clarify, I generally don't see anything wrong with side-heroine paths used to build up information bases in the reader's mind to make the 'true' heroine's path make sense.  However, this is one of those cases where it was taken to extremes...  I finished the common route+Karen+Sara in just under seven hours total... and that is despite some leftover fuzziness in the brain.  That's the same length as a mid-length kinetic novel and about equivalent to the length of the average common route in a low-middle budget charage. 

This is one of the few cases where I honestly thought a VN needed to do a bit more side-tracking... because I honestly didn't care about Karen or Sara by the end of their paths.  I thought they might have been intriguing, given a bit more time to get to know them, but...

Edit2: It was a bit frustrating, because I honestly enjoyed the character interactions (mostly due to the classic-style shimoneta teasing from the protagonist) up to a point.  Unfortunately, I could tell that the writer didn't really want you to see Karen or Sara as serious heroines, despite the fact that he gave them paths. 

Edit3: However, as a preliminary conclusion, if you can get past the problems with the early game, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it, if it doesn't go to crap near the final endings.

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

-Don't expect much out of Karen's path or Sara's... both have really weak, rushed character development for a VN based in an essentially peaceful era.  They basically exist solely to provide background information to build up Rinne's path.  This VN would be much better as a kinetic novel than as a multi-path VN.

Edit: Just to clarify, I generally don't see anything wrong with side-heroine paths used to build up information bases in the reader's mind to make the 'true' heroine's path make sense.  However, this is one of those cases where it was taken to extremes...  I finished the common route+Karen+Sara in just under seven hours total... and that is despite some leftover fuzziness in the brain.  That's the same length as a mid-length kinetic novel and about equivalent to the length of the average common route in a low-middle budget charage. 

This is one of the few cases where I honestly thought a VN needed to do a bit more side-tracking... because I honestly didn't care about Karen or Sara by the end of their paths.  I thought they might have been intriguing, given a bit more time to get to know them, but...

Edit2: It was a bit frustrating, because I honestly enjoyed the character interactions (mostly due to the classic-style shimoneta teasing from the protagonist) up to a point.  Unfortunately, I could tell that the writer didn't really want you to see Karen or Sara as serious heroines, despite the fact that he gave them paths. 

Edit3: However, as a preliminary conclusion, if you can get past the problems with the early game, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it, if it doesn't go to crap near the final endings.

Every game I like, you hate. This is blasphemy.

tumblr_o6tgn93cIF1ug0at9o1_540.jpg

12 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

Every game I like, you hate. This is blasphemy.

tumblr_o6tgn93cIF1ug0at9o1_540.jpg

I just hate the beginning and the two paths that don't matter except as information sources, not the VN as a whole.  From what I've seen following the Rinne and Winter paths, I probably won't come to hate the VN as a whole, without some really bad screw-ups near the end.  Since people are generally reporting positive impressions about the ending sections of the main VN, I'm hopeful that I'll come out of this feeling that the VN redeemed itself.