Last Days of the Universe - WIP Download Available Now!!!

AdultSciFi

Title.jpg

Project Introduction

Team Name: AdultSciFi
Game Name: Last Days of the Universe

Visual Novel Information

A super-massive black-hole is continously expanding in the center of a universe on the verge of collapse. Entire civilizations have been destroyed, others have escaped... for a while. No one is safe.

You are the leader (female or male depending on the Patreon support) of a world facing obliteration. Will you find a way to escape the impending doom?

Last Days of the Universe is the title of the first project by AdultSciFi. It's an adult science-fiction visual novel. The game is programmed in Unity and will be available for PC and other platforms (to be determined). Development versions will be released from time to time.

Team Members

AdultSciFi (Me :D)

Websites

http://AdultSciFi.net
Patreon

PROGRESS

2016/05/14
I am currently at the very beginning of the project. There is an image gallery on the project's website to show how the visuals of the game will look. I am currently starting work on a prototype to evaluate how the game will play.

2016/07/20
I am currently working on the first sex scene of the game.

2016/08/14
Continuing work on the story and images.

2016/08/29
WIP Download available on the game's website! Let me know what you think!

Thanks Striker! (Reminds me of Airplane 1 or 2? :lol:)

Here's a quick test interface I made. Don't take into account the copyright and the ladies that have their arms in the air. It's just to give a general idea of the look of the interface. It's very basic but I think that it should work well. The bottom left will show the player character, the bottom right will show the character who the player is currently interacting with. The text will appear before the options but the current image, being static, shows both at the same time. I would like to know what you think:

NSFW Interface Test

• 1 month later...

I have finished the main engine for the game that will allow me to write the game as a script. I have decided to use the full screen instead of a screen within a screen like I previously thought I would do. I find a full screen image more immersive. I have started work on the beginning of the game. I will make a version available within a few weeks (I hope) that will allow you to see how the game will look and play. It will be very short but I want to get feedback as soon as possible so the game can evolve in a good direction while I work on it.

Here is an image of one of the first scenes:

Scene000.06.01.jpg

Website

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Here's one of my favorite images from the game. I should be able to have a work in progress version of the game available for those who want to experience the game before it's finished. It will be very short because I'm just starting but it should give you an idea of the feel of the game.

Scene%20008%2005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 9:50 AM, Dergonu said:

Looks great. An early work in progress version of the game would be really cool. 

It will take a few weeks longer than I would have liked but I prefer to have at least some basic content to show the general feel of the gameplay.

In the meantime, here's another teaser image. ^_^

C002%20S002%20P02.jpg

Thanks! But I use models that I bought otherwise I wouldn't have the time to make a game. :D I have made a simple character model last year and it took about a month. I made a simple spaceship bridge and it took 3 months so I can't make my own 3D models otherwise the game will be finished in 50 years. :lol:

Here is some blood tests I did. It doesn't look real but I like the 300 movie style of look.

20160819Blood1.jpg

20160819Blood2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have started color grading almost all the current images of the game to make them look a little brighter and more lively. I have also added a few lens flares. You can see a before & after comparisons of some images that have been processed. The improved images will be in the next release of the game.

ColorGradingComparison.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes playing around with settings that you don't understand can lead to interesting results. This costume is one of them. It may or may not be included in the game and may or may not be worn by the female player character but I like it very much so it will probably appear in the game at some point.

PlayerCostume2Preview.jpg

New Release!

This release has had almost all the images of the game (now over 600) color graded. The color grading improves the image quality and makes them look even better. They will generally look more contrasted and a little brighter (depending on the images). Some lens flares have also been added when appropriate.

Since I had to work on almost all of the images of the game for the grading I have taken the opportunity to recompress most images to make them smaller in size while keeping them large enough to not see (or very minimally) compression artifacts. This means that even with the 69 new images (male story) of this release, the game size is a little smaller than last month's release. I thought that it would be better to reduce each image size since the final release will probably have thousands of images and their size will help keep the game zip files a reasonable size.