Eurovision 2016 Final

Nosebleed

Livestream link (they don't allow embedding)

I wonder if anyone on Fuwa really cares about Eurovision. :P

For those who don't know what Eurovision is, it's a contest where European countries (and Australia for some fucking reason) all put up a song performance and go against each other. The voting for the best song is done through viewer participation and a judge panel (each having a 50/50 say on the matter), but viewers and judges can only vote for other countries, not their own. 

As I am part of the worst performing country at Eurovision (not a single win and the best placement being number 6 in 1994 and I don't think we've even made it to the finals in the last 5 years), I can't say this event has created fond memories for me, but I do still enjoy seeing some of the performances other countries put up.

Who do people expect is going to win this year and what is your favorite song so far? Any of you going to vote or you just enjoy watching?

Also just a general discussion thread for Eurovision.

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I'm guessing no

From the few times I watched it, I haven't been able to remember a single performance outside of the ones from my own country, but that's because we often use singers that have already made quite a name for themselves here, though I guess that's normal

I literally haven't cared about nor watched Eurovision since -05 or something, when my native country won it

Nowadays, no, I can't say I really even find it entertaining, but since I don't really care about the music scene in the first place, I doubt that's that surprising

I'd be surprised if someone on Fuwa actually is a fan of Eurovision, but more power to them, if someone like that ever shows up

As a Swede I am more pissed about the Eurovision. It is a waste of money and they don't follow the rules anyway. At least 3 incidents the past week when the competitors broke the Eurovision rules or Swedish people breaking the Swedish Television rules. And nobody cares. Get some balls and kick out people. And spend the television money on sports instead.

32 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Livestream link (they don't allow embedding)

For those who don't know what Eurovision is, it's a contest where European countries (and Australia for some fucking reason) all put up a song performance and go against each other. The voting for the best song is done through viewer participation and a judge panel (each having a 50/50 say on the matter), but viewers and judges can only vote for other countries, not their own. 

As I am part of the worst performing country at Eurovision (not a single win and the best placement being number 6 in 1994 and I don't think we've even made it to the finals in the last 5 years), I can't say this event has created fond memories for me, but I do still enjoy seeing some of the performances other countries put up.

Who do people expect is going to win this year and what is your favorite song so far? Any of you going to vote or you just enjoy watching?

Also just a general discussion thread for Eurovision.

Well, I don't really care, but I'm just happy that my country (Belgium) made it to the finals!!

Go, Laura Tesoro, doe je best, ik stem alleszins al voor jou! Maak de inwoners van België trots (niet dat we al trots zijn, natuurlijk :p).

14 minutes ago, Fukukaze said:

Well, I don't really care, but I'm just happy that my country (Belgium) made it to the finals!!

Go, Laura Tesoro, doe je best, ik stem alleszins al voor jou! Maak de inwoners van België trots (niet dat we al trots zijn, natuurlijk :p).

Please keep it English, and we all know the real dutch people are going to win, not a second-hand country without any langue on it own :makina:

11 minutes ago, Asonn said:

Please keep it English, and we all know the real dutch people are going to win, not a second-hand country without any language on it's own :makina:

Hey, slow down brother

Surely there's nothing wrong with that, on a forum where people are showing off their Japanese all the time?

15 minutes ago, Asonn said:

Please keep it English, and we all know the real dutch people are going to win, not a second-hand country without any langue on it own :makina:

Ah, first of all, I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

BUT, I'm afraid I can't let what you just said go unpunished. :jinpou:

You know, we were one country a long time ago before we got split up you know. Just saying.

Edit: Btw, isn't it the same thing as saying Great Britain stole the English language from the States (or the other way around)? I mean, 'scuse me, for being born in a "second-hand" country, whatever that means.

12 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Hey, slow down brother

Surely there's nothing wrong with that, on a forum where people are showing off their Japanese all the time?

Exactly! Not sure what I did wrong, but if he was joking, it wasn't really funny.

Soooo this year was better than last year, but last year was really bad.

Some good songs but it still lacks the campy, fabulous, kitsch part of Eurovision we're all used to. Can you believe people are STILL coming up with ballads and normally dressed up people in 2016?

1 hour ago, Down said:

Soooo this year was better than last year, but last year was really bad.

Some good songs but it still lacks the campy, fabulous, kitsch part of Eurovision we're all used to. Can you believe people are STILL coming up with ballads and normally dressed up people in 2016?

6th place, 6th place, i mean, for once, let's be glad for that. :makina: 

Just listened to the top few songs from this year's Eurovision. To coin Bart Simpson - I didn't think it was physically possible, but they all sucked and blew. And yes, I realise the top song was political and emotional, raw, painful, personal, but it's possible to be all of those things and still suck. 2nd place just sounded like your typical modern song ... too bad your typical modern song sounds pretty bloody awful.

Was there a single good entrant this year? I can't be bothered listening to all the songs to find out, TBH.

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

Just listened to the top few songs from this year's Eurovision. To coin Bart Simpson - I didn't think it was physically possible, but they all sucked and blew. And yes, I realise the top song was political and emotional, raw, painful, personal, but it's possible to be all of those things and still suck. 2nd place just sounded like your typical modern song ... too bad your typical modern song sounds pretty bloody awful.

Was there a single good entrant this year? I can't be bothered listening to all the songs to find out, TBH.

Rooke, you're so old you don't even like middle-aged people songs anymore.

But well, who watches eurovision for the songs anyway. Those were the true highlights, showing that Sweden really understands what Eurovision is all about:

This was the gayest ESC I have ever seen. Also the worst song-wise.

The winner song was a political statement and won because of that, nothing more. The song itself is pretty bland and certainly not one of the best on this evening.
(Political songs aren't allowed, so they said it's not political, it's personal! Yeah, of course it is, lol.)

Best song was obviously Love Love Peace Peace, but sadly I couldn't vote for it. :(

21 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

it's a contest where European countries (and Australia for some fucking reason)

And Israel! My country even gave them the highest score this year. (And every year before. You see, we still have to pay off our WW2 debts.)
They have never ever voted for us though :(