Dangan Ronpa PPSSPP emulation on android

hey i found this file http://www.mediafire.com/download/4rpsvcfw7dnju6p/ppsspp+%28dangan+ronpa%29.rar

it's supposed to be a modded ppsspp that lets you emulate dangan ronpa (previously incompatible) so in theory it should run on android as well (?)

i dont have an android so i can't test it.

anyone want to try?

here's the game ISO https://fuwanovel.net/novels/116

update: got this from the guest comments:

("I can't seem to post links here so I'll just say this; on the Project Zetsubou twitter there is a link to tweaked PPSSPP emulator altered specifically to run Dangan Ronpa. I've been playing with no bugs and only minor slowdown.")

It runs on android! :lol: i used the free version of ppsspp for android and it worked! here's a few screenshots:

device-2013-06-26-035020_zps630f95dc.png

device-2013-06-26-035218_zpse307706f.png

device-2013-06-26-035851_zps4b0aa004.png

device-2013-06-26-035951_zps782dd77e.png

device-2013-06-26-040038_zpsb672cdc3.png

Phone Specs

phone: Galaxy S Vibrant (SGH-T959)

OS version: Android 2.2 Froyo

cpu: ARMv7 proccessor rev 2 Overclocked@1GHz

despite my crappy phone specs, the vn ran really smoothly, with only occasional audio/frame drops, but overall very smooth, but it did crash while i was taking the screenshots. It may run smoother on newer phones! :lol:

@Aaeru

i had the same problem as Dark Souls PRO, i downloaded the original non-tweaked ppsspp for windows to test it as well and the program crashes everytime i open it, but if it worked for the current & latest version on android (which is 0.8), im guessing it works for the current normal version for windows as well

Actually, this does NOT work with the normal PPSSPP emulator, I just tried. :(

The game runs fine and well, until you get to the exploration part - then the gamebreaking problems arise. Namely, you can’t interact with anything. I read somewhere it has to do with a way how the pixels are counted, or something... I don’t really understand how emulators work, so I can’t say. There seems to be a fix for this on PC, but how about Android? Did anyone actually get it running?

By the way, that .rar included contains the windows version of PSSPP.

• 6 years later...

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this, but I've managed to resolve it on my device.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 7, running Android 8.0.0. I downloaded an older version of PPSSPP, 1.6.3, set the Mode to Buffered Rendering, the Rendering Resolution to 1:1 and the Display Resolution to Auto. In the PPSSPP.ini file, I set FRAMEBUFEnabled = True.

No idea which part of that is relevant, but Danganronpa works fine for me now. All objects are detected properly by the crosshairs. There's occasional slowdown in the 3d sequences but that's it.

Edited by euchrid