MangaGamer: 6 new announcements at Anime Central, 1 of which new partner

CatSoul

Just now, Zenophilious said:

Doesn't Eushully not really give a shit about the west?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to read their stuff, but it's just not that likely unless something major has changed in the past year.  It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only way I can see them caring about the West is if their games stop selling as much because of the bad rep Eushully's last 2 releases have gotten.

It's unlikely, but it could happen like you said.

Arunaru has recently said that he doesn't expect MG or AS to bother with any of the older Rance games, which would basically mean the completed 5 and 6 translations are doomed to never see the light of day.

But he doesn't really speak for all of MG. Since those translations are already basically complete, it wouldn't take much time to do the finishing touches and release them. If MG were to go that route, expect 5 to be released before 6.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Arunaru has recently said that he doesn't expect MG or AS to bother with any of the older Rance games, which would basically mean the completed 5 and 6 translations are doomed to never see the light of day.

But he doesn't really speak for all of MG. Since those translations are already basically complete, it wouldn't take much time to do the finishing touches and release them. If MG were to go that route, expect 5 to be released before 6.

not to mention the one title he´s currently working on is none that features gameplay. just saying.

My top 5 hopes/wishes for the new partner:

Waffle (with the game being Kyonyuu Fantasy)

light

Eushully

Atelier Kaguya

Akabesoft2 (though I admit I'm more interested in the Akatsuki Works' library)

As for what the other 5 could be, my guesses:

1) Something from Lilith, hopefully a Taimanin game.

2) Something from Caramel Box (possibly Uhou Renka, if they want a nukige)

3) Something from Circus or Moonstone

4) Either Maggot Baits or Ero Manga!

5) Something from Softhouse Seal

Other possibilities, but not likely:

1) Shuffle Essence+ as a "Surprise! We haven't burned bridges with Navel after all" announcement.

2) MA☆KO HUNTER

3) Pianissimo or Caucasus

4) Something from Propeller (let's hope they don't dump Sougeki no Jaeger on us)

5) Something from Noesis

6) Green Green remake

1 hour ago, BookwormOtaku said:

My top 5 hopes/wishes for the new partner:

Waffle (with the game being Kyonyuu Fantasy)

light

Eushully

Atelier Kaguya

Akabesoft2 (though I admit I'm more interested in the Akatsuki Works' library)

Waffle seems the most likely out of the 5 you wished for. I can't see Light or Eushully entering the western market currently. Although this is probably my want for the Kyonyuu Fantasy series to be TLed talking.

I doubt all six will be new VN releases. 

13 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Waffle seems the most likely out of the 5 you wished for. I can't see Light or Eushully entering the western market currently. Although this is probably my want for the Kyonyuu Fantasy series to be TLed talking.

I can totally see Light and Eushully entering the western market and I think them doing so is actually inevitable. They may want to do things their own way, though.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

I can totally see Light and Eushully entering the western market and I think them doing so is actually inevitable. They may want to do things their own way, though.

Yeah. I'm betting 4 hardcopy/drama cd/steam release announcements, a nukige, and the new partnership (which could full well be a nukige).

Like I said, I can't see them trying it currently. Possibly in the future, but not now.

18 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'd love to see them partner with Light. I've always wanted to read Senshinkan by them. The VN is 11.4GB when installed which is the biggest VN I've seen in terms of filesize. I believe Monobeno is bigger if you have all extra content stuff, but I don't think that is a fair comparison.

Now that Bokuten is nearing completion we should eventually expect to see them announce the Green Green remake, especially considering how close MangaGamer is with Overdrive. Though it might still be a bit early for that considering we don't know how much editing has been done. Any other speculation from my part of what would be announced would probably be more wishful thinking than anything actually realistic. 

Edited by MercyZombie
Apperantly we do know that. Not sure why I got into my head that we didn't

1 hour ago, MercyZombie said:

Though it might still be a bit early for that considering we don't know how much editing has been done.

We do know, Bokuten is 73.5% edited. Although I doubt they'd announce their next Overdrive game before the current one is released. And I'm not entirely sure if the next one will be Green Green. Overdrive is overdue for announcing their next VN, maybe they'll jump on the current trend of simultaneous or near-simultaneous releases in japanese and english. Well, I say "jump on," but I guess GGN actually counts, huh? Overdrive has been developing VNs for the west before it was cool. So I wouldn't be surprised if their next localized title is all-new.

edit: You know, I really do wonder what the heck Overdrive has been doing these last three years. They had to have been working on something other than that one GGN DLC, right? Are they doing alright? Years of inactivity is always concerning. GGN sold like gangbusters but maybe that alone isn't enough if they are having trouble selling VNs in Japan.

11 minutes ago, Decay said:

edit: You know, I really do wonder what the heck Overdrive has been doing these last three years. They had to have been working on something other than that one GGN DLC, right? Are they doing alright? Years of inactivity is always concerning. GGN sold like gangbusters but maybe that alone isn't enough if they are having trouble selling VNs in Japan.

I'm also wondering whether they're still in business or something. The two and a half years since their last release is their longest stretch without a release since the company formed, and even then it was just a remake of an older game.

1 minute ago, Rooke said:

I'm wondering whether they're still in business or something. The two and a half years since their last release is their longest stretch without a release since the company formed, and even then it was just a remake of an older game.

They produced that GGN DLC late last year which basically doubled the length of the game, I think? It's still not exactly something you'd expect to take 2 years to develop.

I'm pretty sure Overdrive was in financial trouble a couple years ago, and probably still are.  They started floating ideas for crowdfunding and such to keep the cash flow going.  Go Go Nippon was a lucky break for them but might not have been enough to keep developing their usual high-budget titles.

23 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I can see an Akabeisoft2 announcement, but Light, I have a harder time believing.

Akabesoft's manager is pretty famous with his hate of foreigners, so its pretty unlikely imo. Just check his tweets about the 働くオトナの恋愛事情's crack, he pretty much blamed everything to foreigners and used some very unkind words.  

21 hours ago, Decay said:

As I already said, Akabeisoft2 has already licensed one game out and is planning a kickstarter for a second... They've already entered the western market, without MG. There's nothing to debate here.

Well "entering western market" doesn't really matter anything since the manager himself has said that they are bringing those to western because western people will just pirate them anyway, so they'd like to get any money from it at least. Hell he even follows the download counts of their games' torrents.

IF those sell "very well" they might translate some of their untranslated games as well, but for now he definitely doesn't seem very willing, with or without MG. Also they are too busy with the denuvo fiasco lately so I dont think they had any time for making a new deal.

34 minutes ago, Qrqe said:

Well "entering western market" doesn't really matter anything since the manager himself has said that they are bringing those to western because western people will just pirate them anyway, so they'd like to get any money from it at least. Hell he even follows the download counts of their games' torrents.

IF those sell "very well" they might translate some of their untranslated games as well, but for now he definitely doesn't seem very willing, with or without MG. Also they are too busy with the denuvo fiasco lately so I dont think they had any time for making a new deal.

This is interesting. Do you have a source for this?

It does seem a little strange that he wants to bring those games over because they are torrented, yet he refuses to release 18+ versions, which means that if the west still wants those versions, (which many people here do want), they might be inclined to return to the torrent anyways.

That is a little bit contradictory.