MangaGamer: 6 new announcements at Anime Central, 1 of which new partner

CatSoul

For Himawari, MG already signed the deal with Front Wing/Blank Note, and are still advertising it on their site and such. So no, they didn't suddenly lose the rights to that or anything. Although if this deal happened a year later, it probably would have been FW themselves who sought to release it.

If FrontWing reneged on their deal with MangaGamer, they'd (presumably) lose a decent amount of money via a breach of contract lawsuit, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to use MangaGamer's TL.  It'd be a huge waste of time and money, and I really don't think FW is that desperate to release something right now.  It's kind of absurd to even speculate about, honestly.  They've done some scummy things before but this would be absolutely moronic on a whole different level.

3rdeye would be cool. After seeing Sorcery Jokers receive so much praise, I kinda want to read that.

33 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

Hopefully it is time for an Alicesoft announcement. The dream is Rance.

An Alicesoft announcement is one of the things I find pretty likely. My two guesses so far are basically some kind of Alicesoft announcement (maybe Rance, maybe not), and a euphoria hard copy.

A partnership with Light would definitely be my dream outcome for this announcement, but that would be too good to be true. 3rdEye also sounds interesting. I would also like to read Bradyon Veda someday, so Akatsuki Works would also be great.
Beside the new partner I would like to see them announce a new propeller title (Evolimit) or Liar-soft title or something from Caramel Box, if their partnership with Caramel Box is still standing.

But since neither Tokyo Babel nor Gahkthun seems to be doing great for Mangagamer that seems rather unlikely. Also threads like this show how wide spread the wishes of the community are, and they can't please everyone, so I am going to keep my expectations in check and just wait what they announce. And with six announcements it's pretty clear that they won't announce six new titles, some of those announcements are going to be physical releases or something like the drama CDs.

As for JAST, did they announce anything last year? Does anyone know what’s going on with them? I would love to see more Nitroplus titles like Muramasa or Tokyo Necro, but they are awfully quite. (Pardon me if this isn’t the right place to ask.)

JAST announced Sonicomi and Flowers last year. They haven't delivered on either yet, although sonicomi is probably coming rather soon.

As for Nitroplus, JAST already said they won't announce any more titles from them until they release the Hanachirasu and Django. They got Hanachirasu out the door last year, but Django is taking ages. 

eustia seams abit unlikely & coming to eushully, that´s a tough one. thing is their better - awesome ones are rather outdated gamemechanics-wise, even more after 1-2years of needed work & the latest titles turned out meh-tier. just one year ago i´d said that going for eushully cant be wrong, but now ....
personally i believe they´ll announce 1-2nukige/semi-nukige, 1doujin, 1title feat. some sort of gameplay & 2bigger ones story-wise. of course it´s also quite possible for them throwing out stuff such as drama cd´s & else, basically products which have lived up to their expectations financially.

I'm gonna keep hoping for Maggot Baits.

An Alicesoft announcement at some point this year seems very likely. I recall them saying BBH performed slightly worse than expected, but considering it's been showing up in the weekly rankings pretty frequently, it seems the long tail is pretty good, so that's probably more than made up for the weak start by now.

My predictions for Anime Boston/Sakuracon:

m9HpyFB.png

And my predictions for upcoming Anime Central:

Mangagamer:

1. Hardcopy (probably euphoria...) 
  2. Nukige/Hardcopy
  3. Nukige
  4. Nukige
  5. New partner/Moege (Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica/ChuableSoft)
  6. Good title/Moege from existing partner:   
     1) Clock Up - Maggot Baits?  
     2) Alice Soft - Rance? (I think Evenicle is too big to be announced here, also Haruka's been out just for 2~ months)  
     3) Caramel Box (Surprise us?)

Sekai Project:

1. Big title
  2. Big/Small/18+ title

14 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You say this like it's a bad thing :makina:

Come on Eclipsed, believe with me! :holo:

(Decay, remember how powerful my powers of believing in stuff are? I take credit for the Dracu-Riot! scripts being released :makina:  )

In all seriousness though, I would love for them to release MB, I just have a feeling they would fear a guro title would sell badly in the west. Just a hunch, could be wrong, (and I hope it is, as I really want to re-play that game in English.)

MB's plots are not as strong as Euphoria IMO. And too many Rape scenes.

Just now, aristotll said:

MB's plots are not as strong as Euphoria IMO. And too many Rape scenes.

Euphoria is indeed heavily plot based compared to MB, and the content in MB is completely different. That is probably one issue some people will have with it.

But I still like the story in MB quite a lot, despite it not being as mind blowing as Euphoria's.

"Too may rape scenes."

I mean ... it's a nukige, and the game is very dark. That's the kind of stuff you get in it. I don't really know what you expected.

That is sadly what many people will most likely think about it, and that might be a factor that could make it coming to the west less likely.

I am very interested in seeing how people would react to the game tbh. It would be the first big guro localization.

I don't know how Euphoria's sales went, but at least based off the reactions I've heard and seen personally, it really went quite well, and that game is very dark in its own way.

Maggot baits is a different kind of game, but considering 90% of all the stuff English readers gets is charage / moege, then they could be craving another big, dark title. Hopefully that title is Maggot baits. I really do want to read it again in English, as some parts were slightly difficult to understand in the moonrune version.

11 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Euphoria is indeed heavily plot based compared to MB, and the content in MB is completely different. That is probably one issue some people will have with it.

But I still like the story in MB quite a lot, despite it not being as mind blowing as Euphoria's.

"Too may rape scenes."

I mean ... it's a nukige, and the game is very dark. That's the kind of stuff you get in it. I don't really know what you expected.

That is sadly what many people will most likely think about it, and that might be a factor that could make it coming to the west less likely.

I am very interested in seeing how people would react to the game tbh. It would be the first big guro localization.

I don't know how Euphoria's sales went, but at least based off the reactions I've heard and seen personally, it really went quite well, and that game is very dark in its own way.

Maggot baits is a different kind of game, but considering 90% of all the stuff English readers gets is charage / moege, then they could be craving another big, dark title. Hopefully that title is Maggot baits. I really do want to read it again in English, as some parts were slightly difficult to understand in the moonrune version.

Yes, many  guro scenes are good. 

Maybe my dissatisfaction comes from the fact that true ending is pretty weak compared with its previous scenes.

And also main protagonist is kind of weak. The impression he leaves on me is less than the black guy ...

11 minutes ago, aristotll said:

Yes, many  guro scenes are good. 

Maybe my dissatisfaction comes from the fact that true ending is pretty weak compared with its previous scenes.

And also main protagonist is kind of weak. The impression he leaves on me is less than the black guy ...

Yeah true. Still, it's by no means bad.

(And I think a lot of people will be playing this kind of game for the bad endings as well :makina: )

The protagonist is pretty badass, though the rest of the cast are better in terms of design.

Spoiler

eJxFhhV.png

Gotta say though, this is kind of badass. :sacchan:

I really hope one of the announcements ends up being a clock up game, hopefully MB.

4 hours ago, Decay said:

3rdeye would be cool. After seeing Sorcery Jokers receive so much praise, I kinda want to read that.

An Alicesoft announcement is one of the things I find pretty likely. My two guesses so far are basically some kind of Alicesoft announcement (maybe Rance, maybe not), and a euphoria hard copy.

Sorcery Jokers has been on my radar as well. That's my new favorite dark horse candidate for announcement. ... now I'm a little bit hyped.

Eushully would certainly be interesting, but I'm always surprised when I see eroge RPGs getting official translations (even though I'm aware it does happen fairly frequently). I'm pretty sure they have a lot more work to be done than vanilla VNs because of all the additional menus, items, and other paraphernalia that need localization. I don't really know, of course, but I'd expect them to be a riskier investment, both in terms of higher cost and less predictable result.

12 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I hope to see himawari and boku ga tenshi in one of those tittles >_>
Come on MG get your shit together and release himawari once and for all!!

It's not Mangagamer you should be complaining about. It's more Frontwing's fault for taking almost a year on fixing it for a release. I'm hopeful it'll be released this year.