MangaGamer: 6 new announcements at Anime Central, 1 of which new partner

CatSoul

Akabeisoft2 sounds like an "evil" company since one eroge tweeter just deleted his account today because he got busted yesterday by Seiya-saiga admin on using cracked version of one of Akabeisoft2's game. (the cracked version has different icon on the top left corner)

He just deleted his twitter with message: "Sry it's sudden but bai bai"! and didn't even try to explain shit.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

This is interesting. Do you have a source for this?

It does seem a little strange that he wants to bring those games over because they are torrented, yet he refuses to release 18+ versions, which means that if the west still wants those versions, (which many people here do want), they might be inclined to return to the torrent anyways.

That is a little bit contradictory.

I forgot where did I see that, but he is always posting those kind of tweets / talking about those kind of things so its not a big secret anyway. For example when 働くオトナの恋愛事情 got cracked he said something like " I wish all those people who download our games would just die" / "If foreigner countries just let us to arrest those people, eroge industry would be so much cleaner and better, they are killing this industry" etc. He is famous about those things. They are blocking all of foreigner ips at their web sites for 7-8 years as well, but some other companies do it as well and there is a different reason for that.

About the all ages thing, there might be some different reasons too but probably he just wanted to release their games at steam. He is trying to sell all of their eroges (18+ and japanese ones) at steam because of denuvo + steam DRM security but couldn't get accepted so far for obvious reasons.  To be honest I think even himself doesn't know what is he doing, for example he announced offically that Purely Cation will use Denuvo which caused a big shit storm in all platforms, but there wasn't any sign of it at the game itself and it got cracked at the first day of the release (it was using some other strong security though), this was their second "uncrackable" game which got cracked at the first day btw. After the big Juukishi scandal he is definitely losing his customers' trust with those kind of lies, but seems like his hatred about pirates / foreigners is more important than it. He is not posting anything about this topic for a month though, I guess someone finally make his mouth shut before things go even worse.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

Akabeisoft2 sounds like an "evil" company since one eroge tweeter just deleted his account today because he got busted yesterday by Seiya-saiga admin on using cracked version of one of Akabeisoft2's game. (the cracked version has different icon on the top left corner)

He just deleted his twitter with message: "Sry it's sudden but bai bai"! and didn't even try to explain shit.

Its because akabesoft's manager is reporting those people to police and get them arrested, If I'm not misremembering they got 10-15 people from twitter when 働くオトナの恋愛事情 got cracked. Those people were sharing the crack's link though, I'm not sure if playing the cracked version is enough to get arrasted but probably he just wanted to be safe than sorry.

28 minutes ago, Qrqe said:

I forgot where did I see that, but he is always posting those kind of tweets / talking about those kind of things so its not a big secret anyway. For example when 働くオトナの恋愛事情 got cracked he said something like " I wish all those people who download our games would just die" / "If foreigner countries just let us to arrest those people, eroge industry would be so much cleaner and better, they are killing this industry" etc. He is famous about those things. They are blocking all of foreigner ips at their web sites for 7-8 years as well, but some other companies do it as well and there is a different reason for that.

About the all ages thing, there might be some different reasons too but probably he just wanted to release their games at steam. He is trying to sell all of their eroges (18+ and japanese ones) at steam because of denuvo + steam DRM security but couldn't get accepted so far for obvious reasons.  To be honest I think even himself doesn't know what is he doing, for example he announced offically that Purely Cation will use Denuvo which caused a big shit storm in all platforms, but there wasn't any sign of it at the game itself and it got cracked at the first day of the release (it was using some other strong security though), this was their second "uncrackable" game which got cracked at the first day btw. After the big Juukishi scandal he is definitely losing his customers' trust with those kind of lies, but seems like his hatred about pirates / foreigners is more important than it. He is not posting anything about this topic for a month though, I guess someone finally make his mouth shut before things go even worse.

Its because akabesoft's manager is reporting those people to police and get them arrested, If I'm not misremembering they got 10-15 people from twitter when 働くオトナの恋愛事情 got cracked. Those people were sharing the crack's link though, I'm not sure if playing the cracked version is enough to get arrasted but probably he just wanted to be safe than sorry.

This is the tweet you're talking about, where he mentions reporting twitter users he saw sharing download links to the police. I didn't see any other tweets mentioning the things you said, though maybe I just missed them.

14 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I dont get why these companies bother wasting money on DRM. Its gonna get cracked in a day or 2.

It was interesting when Akebeisoft2 was claiming that it would have Denuvo because this wouldn't have happened with it, the current version of Denuvo is still uncracked after many months and many highly-desired AAA western releases with it.

Instead, they used some shoddy DRM and of course there will be people who crack and pirate that shit ASAP. That's how the world works.

10 hours ago, Decay said:

It was interesting when Akebeisoft2 was claiming that it would have Denuvo because this wouldn't have happened with it, the current version of Denuvo is still uncracked after many months and many highly-desired AAA western releases with it.

Instead, they used some shoddy DRM and of course there will be people who crack and pirate that shit ASAP. That's how the world works.

10 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Ya, if you're gonna DRM, you gotta go all out and fork out the cash for Denuvo, otherwise l0l

I'm sure they want to use denuvo as well, but there are a couple "big" problems with it. First of all most of vns are 32bit while Denuvo only supports 64bit, which means they have to change to 64 as well. Then there is the "cost" problem, Yeah denuvo is currently uncrackable and most of AAA games use it, but they are selling millions per game, so they definitely don't care about its cost. But eroge sales are going rapidly down, seems like currently an average eroge sells only 3000-4000 copies according to Akabesoft manager, which makes it very hard to afford. I'm sure everyone can see the difference between those.

Also the DRM they used wasnt "shoddy", its a pretty hard to crack one, normally it'd take at least one or two months until it get cracked (Hell actually I dont think any visual novel crackers would be able to crack it). The problem isn't DRM, its the "Trials". As long as they release trials their game will get cracked no matter what they use, even denuvo. There are only two ways of this; They have to make some completely new engine instead of using KiriKiri or They have to stop releasing Trials.

+ This is not the end of the problems; Denuvo is not a DRM, its a security system which "protects" DRM. This is the reason why he wants to release their games at steam; without a good DRM there is no point of denuvo, and the "Buddy" one which everyone uses is certainly not that strong. So you'll have to pay for a DRM as well even if you somehow can solve all those problems. In short the road of the uncrackable visual novels are hard as fuck, it is not impossible but doesn't seem like will happen anytime soon either. The key point is "Kirikiri", if they can somehow upgrade it well enough or make some new strong engine system for themselves they can make this happen, but most likely it'll take a very long time and denuvo will be cracked by then.

3 hours ago, Yotek said:

Well, if all goes well I'll post videos of the panels like I did last year. Hope you can handle my shaky camera skills.

That was you ustreaming them? Thank you, it's really nice to actually be able to watch them instead of just reading summaries.

I now expect one of MG's "announcements" to be an official announcement of the Fata Morgana fandisc, which they've teased for release this year within the first game. Even though the news already got there and it's in the dang game they released, they aren't responding to anyone about it and are generally refusing to promote it for the time being. Which tells me they're waiting for Friday's panel to "surprise" everyone with it. The cat's already outta the bag, just roll with it, geez.

Just now, Decay said:

I now expect one of MG's "announcements" to be an official announcement of the Fata Morgana fandisc, which they've teased for release this year within the first game. Even though the news already got there and it's in the dang game they released, they aren't responding to anyone about it and are generally refusing to promote it for the time being. Which tells me they're waiting for Friday's panel to "surprise" everyone with it. The cat's already outta the back, just roll with it, geez.

It'd be extremely disappointing for that to be one of the announcements, especially when it's already been confirmed.

"Extremely disappointing" may be a bit of an overstatement, it's one announcement of six and I bet there's going to be an even less interesting one in there (a hardcopy, probably euphoria). If they announce some interesting stuff in the other four slots, I'll still be happy.

22 minutes ago, Decay said:

"Extremely disappointing" may be a bit of an overstatement, it's one announcement of six and I bet there's going to be an even less interesting one in there (a hardcopy, probably euphoria). If they announce some interesting stuff in the other four slots, I'll still be happy.

Hardcopy of Euphoria would be so awesome. I will buy that so hard if they release that. :pyaa: 

11 hours ago, Decay said:

I now expect one of MG's "announcements" to be an official announcement of the Fata Morgana fandisc, which they've teased for release this year within the first game. Even though the news already got there and it's in the dang game they released, they aren't responding to anyone about it and are generally refusing to promote it for the time being. Which tells me they're waiting for Friday's panel to "surprise" everyone with it. The cat's already outta the bag, just roll with it, geez.

Sounds very likely. Although it's unusual that MangaGamer license a fan disc before they even know how the main game sells. On the other hand, Fata Morgana wasn't exactly an usual acquistion. I think they had a special deal with Novectacle that the sales income will be shared if MangaGamer takes the translation costs. But I guess they aren't too happy with the sales so far...