MangaGamer: 6 new announcements at Anime Central, 1 of which new partner

CatSoul

5 minutes ago, spademan said:

are all the vns they announce scheduled to release this year? or are they just telling you of whats to come

Some might, some might not. Any seriously lengthy titles they announce you can expect next year. They still haven't released some of their 2015 announcements (Himawari... :()

31 minutes ago, CatSoul said:

Is it just me or has the whole English VN industry just been crazy booming this year? Hope this doesn't slow down soon...

It'll die out within the next decade, dw :sachi:

JK, but this trend does indeed seem promising ^_^

30 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Damn, nice. Hopefully some good stuff gets announced. (The drama CD announcement and a steam release for an already launched game was pretty boring last time.)

(Maggot baits translation this time?! :mare: N-No? Ok :vinty:)

(I still have hope!)

We can hope together!

Really, Eclipsed, you of all people are hoping for Maggot Baits? I never would've guessed.

I don't think it's impossible or even all that unlikely, actually. I don't think MG has ever done a guro title before, and maybe they want to avoid that, but I get the feeling that they'd be okay with MB. And Clock Up probably won't stop licensing out their stuff any time soon.

Just now, Decay said:

Really, Eclipsed, you of all people are hoping for Maggot Baits? I never would've guessed.

You say this like it's a bad thing :makina:

Come on Eclipsed, believe with me! :holo:

(Decay, remember how powerful my powers of believing in stuff are? I take credit for the Dracu-Riot! scripts being released :makina:  )

In all seriousness though, I would love for them to release MB, I just have a feeling they would fear a guro title would sell badly in the west. Just a hunch, could be wrong, (and I hope it is, as I really want to re-play that game in English.)

somehow deep down i fear their staff has another behemoth up their sleeves, you know, just in case kouryuu wont be completely braindead after him supposed to be finishing dacapo3 anytime soon...

39 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

(Maggot baits translation this time?! :mare: N-No? Ok :vinty:)

(I still have hope!)

I'm with you on that one! I really want to play Maggot Baits :sacchan:

Other than that I do really look forward to these announcements.

Still hoping that those Chuablesoft tweets will bear fruit in the form of licensed titles.  MangaGamer would be the perfect partner for them, IMO.

Huh, apparently they canceled A-Kon and seemingly switched to Fanime instead.  I'll have to go to one of their booths sometime, when I have the chance.

2 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

5 bucks says the bulk of them are gonna be OELVNs... I hope there is at least 1 VN in there that interests me, but I doubt it.

Does MangaGamer even list OELVNs not made by their JP partners in their con announcements?  I don't remember them doing that before.  The only OELVN they announced last year was the Go! Go! Nippon DLC, and that was made by Overdrive, not a group of noobs making their first VNs.  They put them on their store page but don't actually announce them at cons, as far as I know.  I don't think it'll be like SP's announcements at Anime Boston/Sakura Con where a decent chunk was OELVNs nobody had ever heard of.

Just FYI, Sekai Project will also have a panel here. SP's panel will be at May 20th, 5:30PM. They will probably announce some stuff. MangaGamer's Panel will be that same night, 9PM. I think these times are in CST, or UTC-5. Also, if anyone from MG is reading this, you incorrectly formatted your panel description on acen's site. :sachi:

Also, once again, JAST is a no-show. They haven't held a panel yet this year. I'm not sure if they've even had a convention booth yet. I wonder if Payne is slowly backing away from VNs or something.

6 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Still hoping that those Chuablesoft tweets will bear fruit in the form of licensed titles.  MangaGamer would be the perfect partner for them, IMO.

Huh, apparently they canceled A-Kon and seemingly switched to Fanime instead.  I'll have to go to one of their booths sometime, when I have the chance.

Does MangaGamer even list OELVNs not made by their JP partners in their con announcements?  I don't remember them doing that before.  The only OELVN they announced last year was the Go! Go! Nippon DLC, and that was made by Overdrive, not a group of noobs making their first VNs.  They put them on their store page but don't actually announce them at cons, as far as I know.  I don't think it'll be like SP's announcements at Anime Boston/Sakura Con where a decent chunk was OELVNs nobody had ever heard of.

No idea if they do or not. But the recent trend of OELVNs has been very disappointing for me. Still not a single one I'm interested in playing. I want some more recent VNs that are fairly lengthy preferably 20 hours long minimum and made within the last 4 years. Also it should be obvious already, but they gotta be 18+ else I'm not interested.

I hope MangaGamer delivers with at least 2 big announcements, but I had the same hopes for Anime Boston and look what those announcements ended up being. I'm just gonna keep my hype levels low so that if there's a big announcement, the hype will be through the roof for me. :miyako:

Maggot Baits seems possible, same with Chuable, or maybe https://vndb.org/v228 I still think it's gonna be one of their announcements.

Also, VA Key have both booth and panel, but I don't think they'll go into details with LB, maybe with Tomoyo After/Harmonia. Who knows.

And yeah, don't epect anything huge, big? maybe, huge? not really, it's not AExpo.

So: hardcopies, nukiges, and new partner, maybe more drama CDs?

I mean, hopefully MangaGamer has more than one "huge" announcement this year, and are interested in spreading them out. I guess I'd call Maitetsu "huge" and Sekai Project announced that at Anime Boston or whatever. You never know how these things will shake out.

But do expect at least one of those six slots to be something sort of unremarkable like a euphoria hard copy.

4 hours ago, Codesterz said:

5 bucks says the bulk of them are gonna be OELVNs... I hope there is at least 1 VN in there that interests me, but I doubt it.

I'll take that bet. In fact, I'll put down $10 that zero of them will be OELVNs. MangaGamer doesn't really deal in that trade. Given the rather high number 6, I would expect a lot of boring stuff like hard copies or Steam releases of existing stuff, but I'd also bet on at least one really big announcement. You just can't do six crappy announcements all at once - that's terrible PR.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

I guess I'd call Maitetsu "huge" and Sekai Project announced that at Anime Boston or whatever.

It was at Sakura-Con, you insensitive clod.

So Mangagamer now had 6 announcement instead of 2? Interesting and let's see it what Mangagamer offer next week at 9 AM (Indonesian time obviously), and also for Sekai too. But I think I'm also not surprised if Mangagamer only announced something like hard copy though in one of their 5 announcements (The reason I said 5 because there is one announcement that said they will got new partner). 

Oh, and to @Deep Blue I'm apologized if I might jinx it, but about Himawari I think if Frontwing decided to take the matter by themselves I'm not surprised and might be possible. Well, they announced Sharin localization, Corona Blossom English release first, and will release their own version of Huniepop on Steam. About Frontwing, I think hasty release of Chiru Chiru (koestl was mad about this obviously iirc) game was mostly Frontwing decision instead of Sekai, and I think Himawari release delay mostly was Frontwing fault instead of Mangagamer. Note that this is only speculation of mine, so don't take it as the truth, and I'm also waiting for Himawari of course. And by the way if some of you want to know Bokuten translation status, it was 100% translated as of now.