Field for VNDB Profile Link in Fuwanovel Profile

lol or we can do it right now, that works too.

Lol, yeah, sorry -- taking a break! Bwa ha ha ha ha....

Right, listed under "My Information" would probably be the best place. If there's a specific field for it (like there currently is for Instant Messaging accounts), people will be more likely to link to their VNDB profile.

Alright, added. With Ryoji's blessing (which, after the above betrayal, may not happen), I'll add a MAL, too.

If you could force it to recognize the input as a url (similar to the website field), that would increase the feature's usefulness.

Edit: Nice, it appears under the avatar too! You could reduce the vertical space it takes up under the avatar by abbreviating the link to a simple hyperlinked "VNDB profile". Of course that relies on users being honest and not trying to phish people into clicking a link that goes somewhere else. That could be avoided by forcing the user to input their user number, then filling that into the url.

Maybe instead of line, make it a clickable button like the PM, friend etc?

You would only input the ID (for example mine 22877) and the rest would be automatically filled, so it cannot be misused to link to something else by clicking that image (like ads or whatever)

Also if it is just the last number, you can easily make it 22877/votes for different kind of lists.

Sorry, guys! It'll be broken for a bit while I jiffy around some code limitations. I'll post here when I'm ready for you to give it a try!

Maybe instead of line, make it a clickable button like the PM, friend etc?

You would only input the ID (for example mine 22877) and the rest would be automatically filled, so it cannot be misused to link to something else by clicking that image (like ads or whatever)

Also if it is just the last number, you can easily make it 22877/votes for different kind of lists.

That's the plan.

(Double post to catch your attention of update)

Added VNDB and MAL signature lines. As you can see (to the left) they show up as clickable links. On the profile page, it gives usernames or user ID numbers. That work for you guys? Any comments or suggestions?

Good point. How about this: We'll limit the links to VNDB for each post, then things like MAL are on the profile page only. MAL's active, and we can add more if we need to. Otherwise, things'll get crowded on each post.

EDIT: And, new to anime, I've only used MAL. If there are more that need to be added, just let me know (as well as hyperlink path to username)

EDIT 2: Well, actually, we could just put them all on one line. It would look okay. Just let me know, guys!

I would recommend lining them up on a horizontal line. VNDB, and then whatever anime database. To prevent crowding, you might consider limiting the display to X number of the various anime databases? I guess it depends how many options there ends up being. Does anyone even need to display more than one at once?

I would recommend lining them up on a horizontal line. VNDB, and then whatever anime database. To prevent crowding, you might consider limiting the display to X number of the various anime databases? I guess it depends how many options there ends up being.

I agree. For now, let's limit this to 3 links. We've got VNDB, MAL and I'm open to one more suggestion. Is there a non-anime site that people often use? It'd be good to have a little variety in it.

As far as other anime sites go, I can still add custom profiles inside the profile page.

1. maybe add small vndb icon to where the friend and PM is if it is possible so it doesn't create more lines?

-- if not possible, have it on a single line

---- if single line looks bad, only leave vndb

2. let user specify to what part of vndb to go to by letting them add the /votes /list after the number, which in case you only input the number would still lead to the main profile

3. dunno about other anime ones but anidb which im using has it like this

[anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=mylist&uid=XXXXXX (so only the number is important)

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble making the VNDB / MAL appear on separate lines. Tell me if I'm missing something:

Default Custom Fields Area for userInfoPane global template:

<if test="authorcfields:|:$author['custom_fields'] != """>
<foreach loop="customFieldsOuter:$author['custom_fields'] as $group => $data">
<foreach loop="customFields:$author['custom_fields'][ $group ] as $field">
<if test="$field != ''">
<li>
{$field}
</li>
</if>
</foreach>
</foreach>
</if>
</ul>
[/code] Since we need to get rid of the separate row quality, I deleted the <li> and </li> around {$field} [b]Current Custom Fields Area for userInfoPane global template:[/b]
[code]

<if test="authorcfields:|:$author['custom_fields'] != """>
<foreach loop="customFieldsOuter:$author['custom_fields'] as $group => $data">
<foreach loop="customFields:$author['custom_fields'][ $group ] as $field">
<if test="$field != ''">

{$field}

</if>
</foreach>
</foreach>
</if>
</ul>

No result. Any ideas?