VN Reading Club - Yumina the Ethereal

Kurisu-Chan

With that glorious pun...We'll start a new episode of your favourite show : how i fucked your waifu, this month, like always, 5 Nukig...eh Great VNs will deal between themselves in order to win the honour of being the VN of the month.

This month....do you like tiresome gameplays? do you like farming in a Korean MMO? do you like those moments when you do the same quest over and over in fallout 4? guess what...Gameplay month!!! 5 VNs with heavy gameplay and a lot of H-scenes to satisfy your lust for fa...gaming. :makina:

Well, let's start then.

1-sengoku Rance.

Spoiler

24186.jpg

Do i really need to tell you about that game?, meh whatever.

The story takes place during the 4th Sengoku (warring states) era of Japan, an area of the Rance World which parodies medieval real-world Japan.
Basically, it's shogun 2 Total war with H-scenes, lots, and lots, and lots of H-scenes.

2-Utawarerumono

Spoiler

21565.jpg

Waking up injured, a man finds himself in a small village after being rescued by an apprentice physician. Having no memory of who he is and a mask he cannot take off, he decides to live with the other villagers peacefully. But peace is fragile, as a single event in their village plunges himself and his fellow villagers into a path of war.

3-Black Bunny

Spoiler

23406.jpg

Dierks is a perverted adventurer entered a labyrinth known as the Maou’s forest and was defeated by the maou himself. But taking pity on him, the maou kindly recruited him as part of this demon army. Given a second chance, Dierks has two goals: to rise in the ranks of the demon army, and to defeat and have sex with those girls who come to attack the maou.

3-Eien no aselia

Spoiler

29021.jpg

Yuuto has been taking care of his step-sister Kaori since the passing of both of their parents. Their life is hard, but they are happy together - at least until the day they are transported to a parallel world that they will later come to call Phantasmagoria...

In this world where he can't even understand a single spoken word, his sister is taken prisoner and her captors, calling him an 'Etranger', force him to fight wielding a sword that tries to control his mind instead...

Although he first accepts this fate only to protect Kaori, with passing time Yuuto starts to care for the fate of the 'spirits', the girls that fight alongside him, and other inhabitants of this world as well...

Potato heads, potato heads everywhere. :makina:

-5 Yumina the ethereal.

Spoiler

1424.jpg

Description

"The Student Council Election is your only hope. Fight, win, and change your destiny!"

Midorishita Yumina is a junior at the prestigious Jinbu Academy. Far from being a model student, Yumina skirts the precarious line between barely passing and failing hard. One day, a young man named Akashima Ayumu transfers into her class. Ayumu claims to have been sent by his father, an eccentric and possibly delusional man who ordered Ayumu to find and protect Yumina, whom he believes will one day save the universe.

Ayumu and Yumina are at odds from the moment they first meet. They bicker endlessly, day after day, until finally Yumina goes too far and starts a fight just before a critical test. Her failure dooms her to repeat the year.

But just when it seems all hope is lost, a mysterious girl named Kurokawa Kirara appears and invites Yumina to run for Student Council President.

According to Kirara, whoever wins an Election War and becomes President will have the power to change any school rule he or she likes. Realizing that this is her only hope of becoming a senior, Yumina agrees to join the race, and drags Ayumu along for the ride!

Thus begins an epic tale of love and friendship in which youthful passions run high and debates shake the foundation of the heavens.

Who will emerge victorious!?

Ridiculous plot? you mean amazing plot! :makina: and other kind of plots. :makina:

Here, now you can fight!

Well I'm quite interested in playing Rance so I'll vote for that.

These polls are coming in quite late in the month.

11 days have already passed, and these VNs take up a lot of time, especially for people with full time jobs / school etc. Might be good to make them a little earlier or something. For scrubs like me, it will be hard to complete either of these titles in such little time alongside school.

I'm really sorry for being late, you have to realize that i'm not that free actually, i have my examinations that are near the gate, and they are extremely important for me, so...sorry. 

Oh, btw, you'll have more time to accomplish the game, also, i'll close the poll earlier, so no worries, at the end, you won't have to hurry yourself. 

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I'm really sorry for being late, you have to realize that i'm not that free actually, i have my examinations that are near the gate, and they are extremely important for me, so...sorry. 

Yeah I'm in the middle of exam season myself, so I can relate. Don't worry about it :sacchan: 

You can just extend this month's reading duration a little into june or something and it's all good.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this month. I'll try to play along (if the game chosen is something I'm somewhat interested in...), but time is a little shorter now than it was before this month and I need to wrap some things up. For now, you all will have to forego my sage advice and choose wisely amongst yourselves.

So the winner here was Yumina. Well no problem here even though I voted for Aselia. Since we already knew the premise for Yumina, so I'll just said that actually the debate was like battle in any RPG. And as for the battle we had something like 1 vanguard and 3 supporter. Vanguard was the one who attack the enemy and defend the allies, while supporter was of course give some helpful spell to made sure the vanguard did the job nicely. I'm sure anyone already knew what I was wrote, but just in case some of new user here didn't knew or understand, here's the video to demonstrate the battle system. Oh, and if some of you recognize same system as Aselia or Seinarukana in term of battle, it was because the company who created Yumina was formed by the people who leave Xuse.

For seiyuu info, I'll just give the heroine one for now. Our main heroine Yumina here was voiced by Mizukiri Keito (Kitagawa Akari from Soukoku no Arterial, Enkidu from Eiyuu Senki, Sagisawa Chiho from Princess Evangile), another heroine Kirara was voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi (Matsushima Michiru from Grisaia franchise, Kiba Mifuyu from Koichoco, Clea from Duel Savior PS2 Version), and late comer heroine Ai was voiced by Asami Imai (Toba Mashiro from Root Double, Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate, Morishita Michiru from Koichoco). Oh, and before forgot of course we had male MC here too, Ayumu. For brief role in battle, Ayumu work best as attacker, Yumina was healer, Ai was like banisher and Kirara was anti banisher (You knew what I mean if you play Seinarukana). I think you'll find out more by yourself. And one more important thing, there is a bar with 4 color which act as sort of mana meter (It's called audience meter, and both party need to spend some mana to activated skill). Well, I'll try to tell more later.

Anyway, I might be not able to play it until the end, but I might write my info about the boss, some tips of how to beat the boss, and my impression about it. And if you need some guide, Riliana already provide good one here. For last word, good luck for playing this.