Homeless school girl. Translation project

Deep Blue

A little bit of story that probably nobody cares about:

Spoiler

So I was making a review of this vn a few months ago, but a review doesn't do justice to this particullar vn. This is a vn one must play to being able to understand how good it is and why is it so good.
And so I thought about translating it, the thing is at that time my japanese was so-so and more important I didn't have any hacker to help me out with the code so I started translating it little by little in a txt. A few weeks ago I asked a friend (the same one who helped me with the narcissu patch) and he agreed and here we are xD.

aKubUNB.png

https://vndb.org/v4767

Length:

1 and a half hour.

Description

A lone girl, wearing a tattered school uniform, lives on a dry river bed. She can't go to school, has no house, not even a tent... just a helpless, lonely girl. She searches garbage cans for food to survive every day. And whenever she is found by vagrants or delinquents, she becomes their plaything. Gang-raped, disgraced, forced to drink semen, dirtied, abused, scorned...
This is a visual poem about her everyday life.

Staff:

Translator and some very bad image editing: me.
Programming, hacking, images editor and pretty much everything else: Schwarzstorch (he did an amazing job)
QC: Arcadeotic, OutoftheBox.

Looking for testers!

Progress:

Translation progress: 100%
TLC:100%
QC:100%
Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/60mf78gzb7k37pb/patch.xp3 <-------partial patch 30% (it also works with the trial version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/afc399js0trmsd8/patch.xp3  <-------- final patch.

Installation:
Place the file inside the game folder, go to text display and choose MS 明朝 or MS ゴシック, you can install other fonts but the text will overlap in some places so I don't recommend doing that. (this is a problem with the engine and how the text works inside the vn itself, there is no way to make every font look properly at the same time.)

Q&A:

Q:Where can I buy it?
A: http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE063753

Q:Why a nukige vn?
A:It's not nukige.

Q:But is full of eroge...
A:It's not a nukige!

Q:Why this vn?
A:Because I love utsuge, it is fairly easy (most of the time) and is pretty short.

Q:Your translation sucks!
A:That's not an question, but hey you can translate it yourself or help me fixing the many mistakes I'm sure the translation has.

Q:So...why a nu...
A:For the last time, this is not a nukige!!! It has a lot of eroge, granted, but that's not what this vn is about, it will make you cry, want to pull your eyes out, cry some more and maybe laugh maniacally at some point, it is a pure hard utsuge, depressing to the very end without any fantasy bullshit, not girl with wings, no ghosts or anything like that, I wouldn't say is 100% realistic but pretty close.

Q:Why are you translating in a such literal way?
A:Because that's my approach to translations, I think the reader should interpret the text without any changes, like if he/she was reading it in the original language, this doesn't always work and when I think it is absolutely impossible to get what the text says I do change it but only in those particular cases, if you have a brain, use it and you will understand the meaning of a sentence even if I don't "Americanize it".

Q: Would you look back in a few years thinking "why did I start that translation? is awful D:"
A:No, I did this translation first of all for myself and I wanted to share it with everyone else but again this was a project for me, if it is bad or good it doesn't matter to me so if you don't like ti then too bad. I wanted to prove something to myself which now that the novel is finished I think I did and that's that.

Spoiler

I do take suggestion into account (even if I don't agree with some of themI take them seriously) so feel free to share them I know there is a lot to improve!

NOTE: This is a project I'm doing mostly for myself, to see if I can translate something that is not from EN>SP and for the love that I have for this vn, which is really underrated. In the beginning it was fun but right now is becoming more like a chore rather than a fun project :P  but i will finish it.

8 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

I've known of this one for a while, never expected anyone would translate it though. The text in the screenshots (except the NSFW one) honestly doesn't look too good, maybe a change of font would do something?

I can try changing the font but still you need to understand that this is a vn that plays with the position and size of the text on the screen, in japanese is really easy because everything is shorter in general(what takes several characters in english are just a few kanji and particles in japanese) and the writer actually wrote the sentences in some specific lenght and order to make them fit perfectly and sometimes even form some figures (like a heart lol) now, doing this in english is pretty much impossible but I'm doing my best to replicate it without ruining the translation itself, the colors of the text are the same ones of the vn and they are like that  for a reason too.

The text on the nsfw screenshot is not actually text but a picture edited with photoshop, it took a lot of time to made (kudos to  Schwarzstorch  for that)

30% partial patch released, just to show a little bit of the vn, I will probably have the final translation next week or so.

EDIT: I screwed up the first sentence of the patch >_> i'm sorry I don't even know why is like that xD
「Today, again, find myself here in solitude.」 and it should be 「Today, I  yet again find myself  in solitude.」
I re upload it with the fix.

EDIT2: the patch works for the trial version which covers around 20% of the game, it will crash at the end of the trial but it will translate it completely.

Made and account just to say thank you for this. Been looking at this VN for a while now and now there is a chance to understand what's going on. I know you probably hate this question but when do you think there will be a complete translation patch. Still thank for what you're doing and keep up the good work!

10 hours ago, Rizo said:

Made and account just to say thank you for this. Been looking at this VN for a while now and now there is a chance to understand what's going on. I know you probably hate this question but when do you think there will be a complete translation patch. Still thank for what you're doing and keep up the good work!

Like Outofthebox said, the translation is done but there is  some heavy editing to do now and I don't know how much time that will take.

1 hour ago, FuryTomic said:

Quite interesting! That's pretty fast with translations I must say. Keep up the good work!

Well it is a pretty short vn and I've been working on this translation for a long time :P 
I also spend around 2 or 3 hour a day translating and editing, I used all my free time to do it because I see it as a hobby and a fun project, sometimes it's not!! but most of the time it's really fun, so I have no complains :P 

I actually love the concept of the vn, and it seems to be realistic which is a plus, I would love to read it to be honest (but I know it will make me so sad lol).

I will actually give it a try tonight, if it gets too depressing I might Just stop there.

Thank you for your efforts !

The translation is almost ready to be released, this is thanks to outofthebox (and all his freaking editing work) who convinced me that I should release it already and he is right, if I dont I will probably keep editing my translation forever xD
Also thanks to arca although he is now MIA :wafuu:

btw I "uncensored" 3 pictures that were for some reason not used on the game or at least not on this specific version 
Heavy spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

the part where they are feeding you the dog they use like some kind of funnel which was censored for some reason from the text version but left on the "novel version" of the game so I added it back with photoshop

The only thing I didnt edit was the body of the girl where the guys scribbled some random insults on her I didnt want to bother my image editor with that crap xD 

4 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

The translation is almost ready to be released, this is thanks to outofthebox (and all his freaking editing work) who convinced me that I should release it already and he is right, if I dont I will probably keep editing my translation forever xD
Also thanks to arca although he is now MIA :wafuu:

btw I "uncensored" 3 pictures that were for some reason not used on the game or at least not on this specific version 
Heavy spoilers ahead:

Reveal hidden contents

the part where they are feeding you the dog they use like some kind of funnel which was censored for some reason from the text version but left on the "novel version" of the game so I added it back with photoshop

The only thing I didnt edit was the body of the girl where the guys scribbled some random insults on her I didnt want to bother my image editor with that crap xD 

I'm not MIA, just busy with exams

I'll get to it, when I have the time

Pls