Book of Zhu: Legacy

Lekkuen

We4t8sf.jpg

Book of Zhu: Legacy is a visual novel starring Aya, princess, martial artist, and future empress of the Zhu empire, who will find herself faced with the reality of what the future holds for her. The world depicted in-game is inspired by Wuxia films, as well as anime such as Fist of the North Star, Kenichi, and Katanagatari, and is being painstakingly brought to life by my team and I for this Visual Novel and beyond. Over the course of the game you will experience firsthand the upper class of society within the country of Zhu, glimpses of the larger world, and of course many martial arts battles.

The game will follow a central storyline focusing on Aya and how her life starts to change over the course of about a year, with differing choices available that change the details presented during the story and what aspects of the world come into focus.

In addition to the central storyline there are several side paths focusing on specific characters that are mostly determined by who you spend the most time with and whose story you progress the most during the early parts of the game, though some alternate versions of paths are triggered by hidden flags and events. Some of these will be romantic in focus, but others will allow you to see different sides of various characters, experience different aspects of the world, as well as different fight sequences.

The game will also be free. 

Nbzf8fn.jpg

hocGFpX.png

Aya: The protagonist, heiress to both the Imperial Throne and her family's martial arts style. She is a girl eager to prove herself as both a future leader and a fighter to her mother, the Empress.

7Ah7s4H.png

Rin: Aya's cousin and a fellow princess. She is renowned for both her beauty and talent in the magical arts. She doesn't take her position seriously and prefers to indulge in pleasure instead of studying or training.

vcNIsJW.png

Rani: Aya's loyal bodyguard and best friend. Despite living in the palace she has a reputation as a thug and spends a lot of her free time dealing with low-lifes and delinquents.

hfpWZSf.png

Dokura : Rani’s mother, loyal retainer for the Imperial family, and one of the Empire's most respected warriors. She is seen by Aya as an aunt of sorts, someone always looking out for her that she can turn to.

d1jD77V.png

The Empress: Aya's mother and the absolute ruler of their people. She is loved as a living representation of Zhu tradition and feared for the swift and harsh retribution that tradition demands. For better or worse every action she makes is part of a legacy she will leave behind for Aya someday. 

There are many more characters than just those, so expect more soon.

yPinLBr.jpg

Lekkuen (me):  Head Designer/Head Writer - The creator of the setting and main creative voice behind the project.

Mahenbu:  Lead Artist - An artist who has worked on several games and other projects. He draws the character sprites and the fight sequence, and dictates the overall art style. http://mahenbu.deviantart.com/

Kopianget:  Artist - An artist for several games (most notably Huniepop), he mostly does the full screen CGs but also helps with character design. http://kopianget.deviantart.com/

Missing: Artist - An artist who has been a part of several visual novels, he is drawing all of the backgrounds present within the game as well as helping with overall world design. http://lordless.deviantart.com/

Startwo: A pair of artists who have been essential toward bringing the overall look of the setting together. They put in a lot of work towards helping to design the outfits and general look/feel of the setting. While only a select few things will be drawn by them, a lot of their work will be in the art book and related projects. http://www.startwo.net/

For more info and stuff, visit the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1070798205/book-of-zhu-legacy

On 5/28/2016 at 11:22 PM, Lekkuen said:

Just gave you my vote, hope it helps

On 5/25/2016 at 5:12 PM, Lekkuen said:

For the Yuri fans, who are the female love interests. 

VqES6Hoh.png

I'll say it once again I really like the design of these girls :makina: good kuck and hope you guys continue to do well, will be looking forward to the release.

On 5/30/2016 at 6:42 AM, DarkZedge said:

Just gave you my vote, hope it helps

I'll say it once again I really like the design of these girls :makina: good kuck and hope you guys continue to do well, will be looking forward to the release.

Thanks!  Even if the kickstarter fails we will keep working on it, so you'll get to play it no matter what. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 4:28 AM, Lekkuen said:

Thanks!  Even if the kickstarter fails we will keep working on it, so you'll get to play it no matter what. 

I'm glad to hear you talk so passionately and see you so fired up about this, I'll keep on following it's progress.

Best of luck :sacchan:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...