Translator tool for translating visual novel

I found visual novel called "Your Diary". I got interested in translating it since I found out that some guy named Rozenberg should've translated it, but he got depressed and quit the project. I was trying to find translating team who could work on translating the project, but I didn't find it. So I recently saw program on one webpage called "koakumatranslationtools". I tried to find some similar program, but I failed. Does someone know where I can find tool for translating visual novel (it uses kirikiri2 engine)? I don't mean VNR or ITH or something, because I want to make english patch for "Your diary".

You should use Crage/Crass or Insani (http://www.insani.org/tools/) to extract and repack. Assuming your scenario files are in .ks, you could directly open in a robust text editor specifically with a Japanese encoding, save the .ks files as UTF-16 LE (with or without BOM). Then you can translate to English accordingly. This has typically been my experience with KiriKiri but it might be different from VN to VN.

If you need aids with translation there is Translation Aggregator:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/94395-Translation-Aggregator?p=3648894#post3648894

This has been indispensable for me, mainly for the JParser support, which has helped remove a lot of the tedium when looking up unfamiliar words in a passage of text. You can use it to send text  to machine translators if you want.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:06 AM, ShadowKaizer76 said:

You should use Crage/Crass or Insani (http://www.insani.org/tools/) to extract and repack. Assuming your scenario files are in .ks, you could directly open in a robust text editor specifically with a Japanese encoding, save the .ks files as UTF-16 LE (with or without BOM). Then you can translate to English accordingly. This has typically been my experience with KiriKiri but it might be different from VN to VN.

There are .xp3 files. And how do I use "xp3tools-20060708"? I open "xp3-extract.exe" and it immediately shuts, even when I open it with admin.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Zakamutt said:

Charitably... I think he might mean unpacking tools like for extracting scripts etc. Not sure though.

Yes, I mean extracting and repacking, so I could extract scripts, translate them, and then repack. I am very new to this thing so I am asking anyone how to do it.

56 minutes ago, Scorp said:

I gave you link to tool which can extract xp3 files. Did you tried it? Or you're afraid of command line.

A command line openned for a half second and nothing else, was I suppose to work with few commands in command promt? If so, please tell me how to get started.

5 hours ago, Scorp said:

@avendurree23

But as I had some free time, I extracted the scripts. http://www.mediafire.com/download/24plab2bl4ba40r/YourDiaryScript.zip

Translate some scripts and PM me, if your translation is good - I can handle the tech stuff for you.

Sorry for wasting 15 minutes of your day xD

@avendurree23 Why are you still asking this when you know what we are doing :marie: 

6 hours ago, Scorp said:

Yeah, most of the time was to download that :)

Btw, I do not know what you are doing. Would you mind telling me?

Send a PM if you really want to know :P

4 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Don't you consider that project dead anyway @Hanako

Half-dead :pyaa:

When Sensei will be back you'll see :ryuusui: 

1 hour ago, avendurree23 said:

Dammit.... well never mind, the first script is prologue so will translate that anyways.

As I told, if you succeed with translation and it would be good enough - I can extract scripts from +H, no big problem.