How is Banshee's Last Cry iOS?

Funyarinpa

@Funyarinpa

I played it, but did not completed all the possible routes. It is... worth it, I believe? At least was not disappointed.

Basically, the premise - like Uchikoshi likes - several people locked inside the lodge and found out a cutted to pieces corpse in one of the rooms. You have to find the killer before killer killed you (and all others). Creepy atmosphere, all good.

But after killer is found, this is where it really starts. Lot of new options open, leading to tons of scenarios, starting from "Lost in the wood labyrinth" a-la Blair Witch project to dungeon crawler and X-files :) Very unusual.

43 endings. Yes, 43 different endings, and only minor part of them are bad endings.

Speaking of OST and sound... Nothing really memorable. Probably for SNES era this was a breakthrough, but nowaday it is just "it have music and sounds". Writing... Reads good, but as I did not read the original, I believe lot of things were adapted for american market and modern reality, like cell phones not working and stuff. It is not a complex text or anything, usual high-schooler vocabulary and no unusual words or sentences. Text here serves merely to explain you scenario twists, so do not expect Nabokov's level of writing.

3 hours ago, Scorp said:

@Funyarinpa

I played it, but did not completed all the possible routes. It is... worth it, I believe? At least was not disappointed.

Basically, the premise - like Uchikoshi likes - several people locked inside the lodge and found out a cutted to pieces corpse in one of the rooms. You have to find the killer before killer killed you (and all others). Creepy atmosphere, all good.

But after killer is found, this is where it really starts. Lot of new options open, leading to tons of scenarios, starting from "Lost in the wood labyrinth" a-la Blair Witch project to dungeon crawler and X-files :) Very unusual.

43 endings. Yes, 43 different endings, and only minor part of them are bad endings.

Speaking of OST and sound... Nothing really memorable. Probably for SNES era this was a breakthrough, but nowaday it is just "it have music and sounds". Writing... Reads good, but as I did not read the original, I believe lot of things were adapted for american market and modern reality, like cell phones not working and stuff. It is not a complex text or anything, usual high-schooler vocabulary and no unusual words or sentences. Text here serves merely to explain you scenario twists, so do not expect Nabokov's level of writing.

Nice. Thanks. I'll buy it soon, then.

Incidentally, I finished The Stars My Destination recently. Beautiful book.

1 hour ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I won't touch it unless someone makes a delocalization patch. This was horribly butchered.

Horribly butchered? I doubt it, unless you give me examples and not something like "they changed sickle weasels to banshees WTF hipster girls, cellphones, ALL IS RUINED"

Anyway someone prevents you to play it in japanese? And android version exists as well. http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/ssn-kama/