"Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to" Project

mitchhamilton

UPDATE!!!!!!!

came across the first choice in the game. i was nervous at first since i dont know how they work or if i altered them it mght crash. so i went into the text file, tled he choices into english, same with the files that followed after each choice, saved the files, moved them into the games folder, booted it up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it worked perfectly. checked each choice, they came out perfectly, as well as the text that followed.

progress took a dive this week. i came across something that broke me a bit. ive heard rumors of the horror but ive never imagined this. i came across.....................................the first h-scene. :o

seriously i had a difficult time with it. it just drained all of my energy. not like that. so much repetition with moaning and sounds i could barely go on. i almost thought about forgetting putting words in and just leaving them blank but that wouldnt be fair. well now im past the first h-scene and ready and excited to tl more!!

On 28/05/2016 at 3:48 AM, mitchhamilton said:

progress took a dive this week. i came across something that broke me a bit. ive heard rumors of the horror but ive never imagined this. i came across.....................................the first h-scene. :o

seriously i had a difficult time with it. it just drained all of my energy. not like that. so much repetition with moaning and sounds i could barely go on. i almost thought about forgetting putting words in and just leaving them blank but that wouldnt be fair. well now im past the first h-scene and ready and excited to tl more!!

Good luck my friend. These are without a doubt the scenes that can make even the most avid translator slow down/stall. I have a site that you may find helpful for newcomers to H sfx translation:

http://thejadednetwork.com/sfx/

UPDAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive gotten, i beleive, 25 scripts done. 148 to go. some scripts are a lot shorter than others as some of them are after a choice. 

for instance, each choice has two choices and lets theres two choice like "Clean the bathroom" and "Get rid of the smell."

and you choose the first one and it goes on about how you need to get rid of the blood before someone notices. then choose the second one and it goes on how you need to get rid of the smell before the neighbors notice. after a short script for both of them, you get back on the main script about how to get rid of a body.

what im saying is that there are really short, fast ones.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!!! :conspiracy:

i have 110 scripts left to finish. :D

the project still isnt dead yet. i've just been stalling because, well, I just got finished with an h-scene when another h-scene followed. :amane:

theyre just sooooo repetitive. its annoying.

well, i guess i should mention where ill post to finished files. ill post the on the first post here and ill make a blog about it.

btw, the staff has been complaining about the hours and the wages. "but arent you the only one working on it at the moment?"  SHUT UP!!!

so, i figured "Hey. why not set up some sort of payment system for their hard work." and so i leave you with this.

www.gimmemoney.com/Pwetty_Pwease

so yeah, feel free to, you know, leave whatever amount you can and........... yeah.

tehe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016年6月20日 at 3:01 PM, Kirashi said:

Does that mean the common route is already done?

er well............. kind of. i still need to have it checked and edited but ive done all i can for it atm. after its checked over and edited i need to go through it and fix the spacing in each line.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

ive learned what the title for the vn is called in english. "My Girlfriend, My Lover, and I" as for the project itself, im almost done with Ayano's route. im on another h-scene so its taking a while but after that, should be smooth sailing. im not entirely sure how to accurately determine the percentage of completion, but ive gotten 106 files left to complete. subtract that form however much in total i said earlier and there you go.

something i forgot to mention is im not sure how to release the patches. what i mean is whether or not i should release the prologue first and then the rest later or release the routes as their completed or release the prologue and then release several routes at once. im honestly leaning more towards the oxford subs approach and releasing the prologue first and then the rest later. but i wont release the prologue until the rest can be completed in like 2-4 months. i dont wont a long period between patches.

3 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

im not really sure how to do that. unless i count the names in the text boxes as well.

Have you extracted the text? I'm supposing you did. If that is the case, if it's not too much of a hassle to you give me access to the scripts so I can do a rough line count estimate.

If you don't want to, what I can give you as an advice (not knowing the line count) is that if I were you I would either release a partial patch with for example; prologue, common, and a route or just release the full patch without making a partial, that works as well.

1 minute ago, mitchhamilton said:

do you know how much ive completed?

Let's just chat in Skype, because it will definitely be better than sending messages through here xD.

My username is virtetz, I'll try to help you with everything I can.