"Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to" Project

mitchhamilton

Figured I'd post this in case another team decides to do this vn. I've been wanting to start this project for a while but have had troubles with extracting and putting the scripts back. Thanks to the help of @binaryfail I now have a solution to that problem and all that's left is to put in effort. Once again thank you binaryfail for all your help. I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Anywho, this is just an announcement that I'm starting the project, not a recruitment. While I am certain that I wont drop it I still want to do this by myself for now. Maybe later down the road I'll need some translators and editors but for now, I'm going solo. Plus I don't have 24hr internet atm. But fear not, there are intervals where it'll be up, so if the prologue patch is finished or the 100% patch I will post it. And there is a sort of dlc patch that's for the imouto character that wont be a priority but I will tl that as well. Now for info on the vn.

Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to.

Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to is from the perspective of Haruto who saved Ayano when he jumped out in front of an errant vehicle that was heading for her, but he got hurt in the process. She came to visit him every day while he was in the hospital and they gradually got closer.

This vn takes place in the same universe as Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort.

As for the name of my "team" I think I'll go with Serenity Translations™

r4vKjkl.jpg?2

Finally I don't know when I'll be able to make updates but if there are long periods between updates, do not think the tl is dead. Right now I'm having internet troubles so I wont be on here that frequently so don't think the tl is dead. or me. Mostly don't think I'm dead please.

The website to keep up to date on the projects status. :D

https://lunatranslationstestsite.wordpress.com/

Erm, not to throw a bucket of cold water on everything, but are you really planning on doing this alone? Don't you kinda not really know Japanese? I know that you only ever talk about playing translated titles and are always asking for really basic advice. Even if you're doing it just to learn, it's best to hold off on translation until you have a pretty firm grasp of the language. I don't see how translating in that state would be very productive.

3 hours ago, Decay said:

Erm, not to throw a bucket of cold water on everything, but are you really planning on doing this alone? Don't you kinda not really know Japanese? I know that you only ever talk about playing translated titles and are always asking for really basic advice. Even if you're doing it just to learn, it's best to hold off on translation until you have a pretty firm grasp of the language. I don't see how translating in that state would be very productive.

Coming from a guy who just had to cancel his translation project, I have to say I think Decay has a point here. Even though I feel I have a pretty decent grasp on Japanese at the moment, all it took was being a little stressed out to start making mistakes. Translating something and simply understanding something are two quite different things, sadly, even though your motivation is there.

I do think it might be a good idea to reconsider making a translation project right now. Just saying this as a friend, and because I know what it's like being looked at with slightly judgmental eyes when you randomly come out of nowhere with a translation project. It's definitely not the best feeling in the world.

I don't want the same thing that happened to me to happen to you.

Either way though, no one can tell you what to do, and if you really are serious about this then best of luck. You are one of my favorite people here Mitch, and if you decide to do something, I'll support you.

Translating is imo something you do for yourself (except if it is your actual job lol) translating can and do helps a lot in learning japanese and it is also really fun, so I don't see the problem with him doing this project if he is going to learn and have fun from it, in fact go for it mitch just don't stress over it too much. 

If you're not at the point where you can translate at least somewhat acceptably, then translation is not the best learning method available to you. You tend to reinforce your own mistakes instead of actually learning and growing as a translator that way.

I get that Mitch is eager to translate, but now is probably not the time. It's not helpful to anyone, not even yourself, if you produce really bad results.

7 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Even if the negative nancy has some legitimate advice to give?

Yup. If he wants to translate it then he can.  Don't get why you guys are trying so hard to stop him. It's his life his choice.

6 hours ago, Decay said:

If you're not at the point where you can translate at least somewhat acceptably, then translation is not the best learning method available to you. You tend to reinforce your own mistakes instead of actually learning and growing as a translator that way.

I get that Mitch is eager to translate, but now is probably not the time. It's not helpful to anyone, not even yourself, if you produce really bad results.

it is,  while you translate something you keep learning, maybe he wont release it or by the end of the translation he won't be happy with the results (it happens a lot of time) but I asure you that you do learn by translating so just for that it's worth it. 
I can understand your point if you are new into learning japanese and you don't know even the basic grammar but I don't think this is the case.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

got 667 lines done. phew. one less number and the project wouldve been cursed.:marie:

but this is still a tiny impact on the project as a whole. and it was easy since i started the project months ago and then realized i wasnt able to correctly put the scripts back in a working file. also while not too shocking i did learn that putting in the scripts in the vn ruined any save file that worked in a previous file. like i said not too shocking but that means i cant just boot up th vn witb new files whenever i want to so ill have to replay he entirevn when its over to make sure the spacing isnt too messed up.

also thank you @Decay for your concern and advice. i realize this project wont be easy and down the line i will neend help but for now i do as much as i possibly can and when i can ask for help on the tl later.

also for those who might be concernerd over grammmar and spelling in this update dont be. im using a vita to send this update and would rather strangle myself than correct myself on this bloody thing.

That's some good spirit you have there, Mitch. Just keep going strong the way you have up until now and you should be fine. Just keep in mind that you're not doing this project for our sakes (well, indirectly you are, but you know what I mean), but for yourself. Don't stress yourself out if some things aren't working out the way you want them to. Just keep learning, as much as you can, during your project's run. I'm doing 2 projects of myself, but having fun while I'm doing them is my biggest priority right now.

Just have fun and learn, that's all you have to think about. It's your life, and so you're the only one who can make your own decisions. You don't have to listen to anyone else but yourself.

With these last words, I wish you the most luck on the rest of your project. May it end on a happy note for you!

Hang in there Mitch, keep up the good work! 

Seeing as you are really going to do this, then I will back you 100% of the way. 

The reason I too showed some concern is that I don't want you to do anything hasty and burn yourself out like some stupid yuri fan once did :makina: 

It looks like you have made up your mind. Good luck Mitch, and if you get stuck somewhere, don't be afraid of asking for some help! 

• 2 weeks later...

thank you @Fukukaze that means a lot. ¦)

also thank you dergy wergy. iknow youre looking out for me and i take your advice seriously.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Ive gotten about ten text files done. wooho. only 167 to go :D

well a lttle less than that since some files arent editable. but these have nothing to do with the with the story or anything so no worries.

im making great progress. well.  i think so anyways.. im now in unfamiliar territory as im tling new text. i expected to slow down after tling new text but ive actually picked up the pace. i think its because i relly dont like doing work ive already done. plus its like im re-reading the vn all over again. well anywho, thanks for the support everybody!!