How is your life like an anime trope?

LoganW

I never thought something like this would happen as I'm not really the type to seek out mentors, but for a good 6~ months of my life I actually had a "senpai" and can remember seriously trying to win his respect. I just looked up to him a lot, and I recall feeling thoroughly accomplished after being "noticed" and subsequently becoming his close friend.

Nothing interesting, really. I think I'm just going with the flow, chat with some people from my class, eating luch, listen to the teacher, than going home if you talk about school trope. Oh, I met my childhood friend again in high school and my little sister here definitely not loving me very passionately or tsundere love one either, so I think mine was quite normal I guess.

I was thinking about this more and came to the realization that I have a big breasted glasses wearing who always is the voice of reason friend, a short haired smaller energetic friend, and a sorta tsundere friend :wahaha: 

It's kinda weird actually now that I think about

29 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Pick any anime, find one of the faceless background characters and that's me :miyako:

I disagree. Those people have social lives with other faceless characters and whatnot.

If you're anything like me, you're one of those background loners. Before the handsome, social and benevolent main character graces the loner with his presence and forces him to partake in increasingly harder social tasks until he gets completely brainwashed into becoming one of the mindless teenagers in the main character's social group.

All this, of course, before the anime airs. And it eventually gets cancelled whilst in production. It never airs. That's our role.

My high school life was kinda like an anime in certain regards (also kind of like a VN).

I spend my free time in school (lunch and free-periods) mostly chilling with my good friends (still hangout with them today when I can), playing card games, making fun of each other, helping each other with school work. In this way, my life was a slice of life comedy. But additionally, a decent amount of girls were interested in me. So I also had to balance out attention from certain females and decide whether I wanted to pursue them or not. The main conflict of this anime I suppose was the decision to maintain my simple life hanging out with friends and doing school work, or to complicate my life by getting involved in the world of females. Needless to say, at the time I wasn't quite ready for relationships and the like, so I chose hanging out with my friends over girls. As a consequence of this, I often pretended that I didn't know that certain girls were interested in me, intentionally acting like the dense-protagonist, since I didn't want to face the drama of rejecting anyone. In retrospect it was kind of an asshole-ish thing to do.

Also, most high-school anime takes place in Tokyo I think. And similarly I'm from New York City, and the High School I went to also required an application process where you had to do well enough on a test to get admitted (a lot of good NYC high schools are like this, just like good Tokyo high schools).     

3 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I disagree. Those people have social lives with other faceless characters and whatnot.

If you're anything like me, you're one of those background loners. Before the handsome, social and benevolent main character graces the loner with his presence and forces him to partake in increasingly harder social tasks until he gets completely brainwashed into becoming one of the mindless teenagers in the main character's social group.

All this, of course, before the anime airs. And it eventually gets cancelled whilst in production. It never airs. That's our role.

That's true, but I was thinking more kinda like this:

Every anime has some faceless background characters, but like you said they have their own "anime" where they are the main characters, with other people playing the role of background characters.

And then there's me, and in whatever anime or "anime" of a background character you pick, I'm always still a background character. :makina: