Favorite movie?

LoganW

I know this is kinda a boring question but really i'm just looking for good movies to watch and to see what you guys watch :sacchan:

So as the title states above whats one of your favorite movies and why.

For me this is a super hard question so I have to separate it by genres so....

Comedy: The Night Before

Action: Kingsman: Secret Service

Other: Me Earl and the Dying girl

Those are just some of the many movies I love :kosame:

Some movies are simply bad because of the dubbing. And in original it might not be best either, so i can t really tell you my favorite. But some movies i really liked... 

Best comedies are clearly the ones with Adam Sandler in the main role. Some fantasy romance (if you want) is for example 47 Ronins. 

And another fantasy----> John Carter

Hmmm, if I was just gonna name a few (this isn't a comprehensive list by any means), I'd say O Brother Where Art Thou, Drive, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Watchmen.  I might post some more of my favorites later, when it's not almost 1 AM.

OBWAT and Pulp Fiction make the list because they're both hilarious and very well-written, Drive makes it because it's basically Hotline Miami the movie and I just love pretty much everything about it, TESB because it's one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time, and Watchmen because it's the truest comic book-to-movie adaptation that I've ever seen.

A warning, though, don't watch Drive unless you can deal with gore, and I wouldn't recommend Watchmen unless you already read the comic book, as it can get quite confusing if you don't know what's going on.

EDIT: Apparently I was just supposed to name just one?  Can't really anyway, so whatever  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Hmmm, if I was just gonna name a few (this isn't a comprehensive list by any means), I'd say O Brother Where Art Thou, Drive, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Watchmen.  I might post some more of my favorites later, when it's not almost 1 AM.

OBWAT and Pulp Fiction make the list because they're both hilarious and very well-written, Drive makes it because it's basically Hotline Miami the movie and I just love pretty much everything about it, TESB because it's one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time, and Watchmen because it's the truest comic book-to-movie adaptation that I've ever seen.

A warning, though, don't watch Drive unless you can deal with gore, and I wouldn't recommend Watchmen unless you already read the comic book, as it can get quite confusing if you don't know what's going on.

EDIT: Apparently I was just supposed to name just one?  Can't really anyway, so whatever  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pulp fiction is amazing and name as many as you want :makina:

• 1 month later...

There's simply 2 many good movies out there so i don't have a favorite. Recent movies that I've watched that are good. 

Japanese: Love Exposure, Why Don't You Play In Hell?, 13 Assassins

Korean: The New World

Chinese: A Battle of Wits, Little Big Soldier

English: Take Shelter, The Martian 

The thing about Japanese movies is, most of the movies have a budget of 15mil and below. Mostly below. Studio Ghibli movies are probably the most expensive, going upwards to 40mil. Point is, it may look cheap but the story's there.

The thing that makes me nervous watching Asian movies is, the endings. A lot of them are bittersweet (the ones i watched at least), leaning towards the bitter part. That doesn't make the movie bad though.

Oh and all the Asian movies have subs. Have fun.