Aselia the eternal discussion (Finally released on steam)

Dark_blade64

Aselia has been out for years now, first as a fan translation and then as an official release by JAST.  The release on Steam is not all that special other than perhaps finally drawing some much-needed attention to the series.  Still, I can't really celebrate while the adult version is being withheld over the issue of loli content.

7 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Aselia has been out for years now, first as a fan translation and then as an official release by JAST.  The release on Steam is not all that special other than perhaps finally drawing some much-needed attention to the series.  Still, I can't really celebrate while the adult version is being withheld over the issue of loli content.

Well at least the price is quite cheap, considering it just cost like $15 it might not be that bad of a deal. Yeah I hope the problem is adressed so people who wants to play the adult version can do it.

I already own the game but I decided to rebuy it on steam to support more good gameplay vns getting released...I'm hopeful they will actually release the adult content this time around but I'm not overly pissed if they don't. Part of me thinks Jast will take a chance and release a patch though down the line if they think it will help sales (it will probably be a website patch however similar to what they did with Romanesque). It's a good game and for 12 dollars right now (old or not) it's a steal. I would love for them to release the adult content (as bad and shoehorned in as it is) but if they did it would take some time to translate...the vague comment on steam does mean it's not completely off the table however which is more than we usually get for any other vns released on steam. I will remain hopeful and take a wait and see attitude.

What's the difference between the fan translation, JAST original release and JAST steam release?

Spoiler

Visual Novel Translation Status (04/30/2016)

Steam version contains extra content the original translated versions did not possess.

Edited by Whoisthatguy96
Specifying

Might wanna change part of the title from "Finally Released" to "Finally Released on Steam" so it doesn't confuse people.  It's been out for almost 5 years now  : P

I wonder if they're going to lower the price for it on their website.  Right now they're just undercutting themselves because some of that profit (for a lower price tag, too) is going to Valve.  Aselia is kinda old, though, so I'm not sure if they'll just say, "Ehh, screw it, we've already tapped our non-Steam audience, let's let the Steam crowd get it for cheaper so it'll sell more there".

To Whoisthatguy96, my answer is there's no difference in the first place since JAST version use fan translated version one, which in turn was using PS2 to PC port without changing the content at all (ie Xuse didn't add any 18+ content to PS2 to PC port back at 2007 (Although they did that in 2010, which to said very late since the translation was also finished in 2010)). And of course since Steam had no explicit sex content policy, so JAST decided to just port it to Steam (Well, there's nothing to be cut though). And since technically the translation was out in 2010, so this game was already discussed to the death, but I think this should be a good game for Steam user though.

Oh, because OP asking my thought, it would be the atmosphere here was more heavy than Seinarukana, there's no magic status in battle, and also we didn't had school transported to the another world here if you ask my impression after playing a bit of Seinarukana. But overall both of this and Seinarukana was good games to each of their own though.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

To Whoisthatguy96, my answer is there's no difference in the first place since JAST version use fan translated version one, which in turn was using PS2 to PC port without changing the content at all (ie Xuse didn't add any 18+ content to PS2 to PC port back at 2007 (Although they did that in 2010, which to said very late since the translation was also finished in 2010)). And of course since Steam had no explicit sex content policy, so JAST decided to just port it to Steam (Well, there's noting to be cut though). And since this is technically this translation was out in 2010, so this game was already discussed to the death, but I think this should be a good game for Steam user though.

Oh, because OP asking my thought, it would be the atmosphere here was more heavy than Seinarukana, there's no magic status in battle, and also we didn't had school transported to the another world here if you ask my impression after playing a bit of Seinarukana. But overall both of this and Seinarukana was good games to each of their own though.

Thanks for the info. One more thing, is the JAST version voiced?

Edited by Whoisthatguy96
Nvm

16 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Might wanna change part of the title from "Finally Released" to "Finally Released on Steam" so it doesn't confuse people.  It's been out for almost 5 years now  : P

I wonder if they're going to lower the price for it on their website.  Right now they're just undercutting themselves because some of that profit (for a lower price tag, too) is going to Valve.  Aselia is kinda old, though, so I'm not sure if they'll just say, "Ehh, screw it, we've already tapped our non-Steam audience, let's let the Steam crowd get it for cheaper so it'll sell more there".

I would but how do you edit topics title?

@Dark_blade64 It's actually easy to edit the title. Just click edit on your first post and type the new title for this thread. I'm absolutely certain that as long as you the one who created the thread, you should be able to edit the title (Well, speaking from my experience here).

PS - To edit this thread, I suggest that if possible you better use laptop or computer because there's some bug that made the thread couldn't edited properly on some mobile phone or so I'd read.

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

@Dark_blade64 It's actually easy to edit the title. Just click edit on your first post and type the new title for this thread. I'm absolutely certain that as long as you the one who created the thread, you should be able to edit the title (Well, speaking from my experience hrre).

PS - To edit this thread, I suggest that if possible you better use laptop or computer because there's some bug that made the thread couldn't edited properly on some mobile phone or so I'd read.

Thanks! :D