(Confirmed fake) White Album on Steam Greenlight

InvertMouse

think i start getting why he/she/it bothers pranking those overly faithful masses... raging fanboys, whom stopped questioning any credibility right after dubious announcements and literally began sqeeling like pigs on meth out of joy are way more than some heinous soul can take

Sorry to be the crusher of dreams.  Shamelessly stolen from /r/visualnovels, the last time this was posted on Greenlight.  Note that on both pages, the synopsis and screenshots are ripped directly from VNDB.  It's probably some asshole troll thinking he's hilarious.

Also, I'm pretty sure Leaf/Aquaplus would have said something on Twitter by now if this was true.  It's a scam.  Report it and move on.

5 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Sorry to be the crusher of dreams.  Shamelessly stolen from /r/visualnovels, the last time this was posted on Greenlight.  Note that on both pages, the synopsis and screenshots are ripped directly from VNDB.  It's probably some asshole troll thinking he's hilarious.

Also, I'm pretty sure Leaf/Aquaplus would have said something on Twitter by now if this was true.  It's a scam.  Report it and move on.

It's the same page. It was taken down and then brought back up by Valve. edit: apparently this is the second or third time? Ehh... I don't know what the hell's going on anymore, don't care either.

10 hours ago, Decay said:

It's the same page. It was taken down and then brought back up by Valve.

Huh, it appears that you're right.  Same comments on the 6th page.

Still, though, I'd assume it's a fake until proven otherwise.  Greenlight is a cesspool of rip-offs and copyright infringement, and everyone here should know that by now.

EDIT: Here's their twitter account.

EDIT x2: Here's Aquaplus's Twitter account.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

This was taken down, but now it's back. The fact that it's back means it's actually real... right?

But the fact that they take screenshots and the description from VNDB is, well... I don't know what to think of this.

JAST lifted my synopsis for Seinarukana not long ago for its official ssite.  You even admitted that it was common practice for JAST to copy/paste VNDB descriptions.  Why would you have different expectations of Leaf, who could very well have no English-speaking staff?

Okay, so, PARANOIA is an old Half Life mod from 2009 or so. On April 16 on Greenlight, this was put up: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KHYq9NRpn94J:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/%3Fid%3D666547216+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It was put onto greenlight by "PARANOIA Team." If you look at their profile, it's the leaf one.

This pretty much confirms it. Fake.

6 minutes ago, OriginalRen said:

Wait, so all I need to do is make a Steam account and post Fate/Stay Night on Steam Greenlight to make everyone get a raging hard on and believe it instantly? Wow, I really didn't think it was that easy. :Kappa:

As sarcastic as that is, you can in fact do it and probably get away unscathed. That's the beauty of Steam Greenlight.

58 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

As sarcastic as that is, you can in fact do it and probably get away unscathed. That's the beauty of Steam Greenlight.

You really should be barred from using Greenlight if you try and put someone else's work on there and either impersonate them or claim it as your own.  That is not okay, and just taking the page down isn't really enough, in my opinion.  Steam Greenlight really is cancer.

2 hours ago, FrozenRaven said:

Looks like the page has been taken down again. Hopefully it stays down, I feel bad for all those guys who are getting really hyped about this. 

It's back up  :scottsune: