Surprising Anime

Bad surprises, not that much either. Well, this season I had some bad surprises, with the two shows I hyped (Suisei and SnK) ending up being a tad disappointing.

Yeah, well, actually there's one. Now I'm going to get beaten to death and Ryoji's going to take out his guns, but I'm watching K-On and I don't like it. I find it funny a third of the time at best, I can't seem to get myself to like characters like Yui or Ritsu: it didn't hook me. The concept of making a music band and ending up doing nothing instead kinda irritates me. I can totally like anime where pretty much nothing happens but girls fooling around (I love Lucky Star). But, K-On? I can't.

Fair enough. Season 2 really is what makes k-on great. But like I said earlier, it's all subjective. Opinions vary. You don't have to like it :)

Actually just skip to season 2, you won't miss anything really. Meh it's an option!

Fair enough. Season 2 really is what makes k-on great. But like I said earlier, it's all subjective. Opinions vary. You don't have to like it :)/>

Actually just skip to season 2, you won't miss anything really. Meh it's an option!

Well good thing you told me, I would have skipped it otherwise. Might try season 2 then.

I don't get surprises too often, mostly because i know that being biased about things like the hype, the fanbase and stuff usually turns out to be something bad and you only finish getting dissapointed. But still i have some series like that.

A good surprise for me was Busou Renkin, it was just a super shounen series with a butterfly guy as a villain for me, but when i started to watch it i got a good surprise, first of all things because it was too easy to watch, the episodes passed really fast and yeah, it was entertaining. Yeah, it's not THAT great, but still i got more than i anticipated.

Fate/zero surprised me. I was endlessly skeptical due to my burning hatred towards the FSN anime adaptation. When Iskandar pulled off Ionian Hetairoi in that one episode I knew this show would be legendary.

Your second question is easy to answer. Sword Art Online. I find it tremendously overrated and completely undeserving of the hype.

Your second question is easy to answer. Sword Art Online. I find it tremendously overrated and completely undeserving of the hype.

Oh yeah, there's that too. How to turn a rather good anime into a fanbase vs hatebase war. I think this anime saw some of the most ridiculous critics I've ever read, both on the "this is the best anime ever made" camp and the "this is utter shit" camp.

Hmm well let's see.

Clannad -

Okay so everyone's watched clannad, it's just something you gotta do if you really like SoL anime. I kept hearing about it, everyone telling me to watch it, but I kept thinking I would hate it from all the spoilers I heard all that jazz. Surprisingly though... the total opposite happened. With all the knowledge I had pre-drilled into my mind as I watched the master piece, I realized my visions of what the anime was supposed to be were totally under par. The anime turned out way more amazing and onion filled than I had imagined.

Ano hana -

My first true SoL anime. I'm the kinda guy that almot NEVER cries, like NEVER. Even at my grandpa's death I barely lost a single tear. I was really close with him yet my face was dry the whole day the whole night the whole month and still till this day. But Ano hana...just...idek man it broke me. I found myself having to pause the dang thing cause I couldn't see with all the tears in my eyes. Loved the anime, thank god I didn't watch that one at school.

Durarara -

my very first anime, the start of my Otaku-like life. I used to be a hater of anyone and everyone that watched anime, called them weirdos and that stuff. So naive I know, I hate old me. But A girl I liked loved Durarara and I wanted to watch it so I could have something to talk to her about you know? And what do ya know...I loved it, I loved the message it gave, I loved the story, I loved the animations, I loved the charachters, I loved the chills I got as all their stories linked together... oh man. I loved it all.

As for let downs.

Sword art online. Too much hype, seriously. I was expecting sooooo much more. Nada. NADA. that second ARC...OMG PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME. Sorry SAO fans. I just had to say it.

Hmm well let's see.

Clannad -

Okay so everyone's watched clannad, it's just something you gotta do if you really like SoL anime. I kept hearing about it, everyone telling me to watch it, but I kept thinking I would hate it from all the spoilers I heard all that jazz. Surprisingly though... the total opposite happened. With all the knowledge I had pre-drilled into my mind as I watched the master piece, I realized my visions of what the anime was supposed to be were totally under par. The anime turned out way more amazing and onion filled than I had imagined.

Ano hana -

My first true SoL anime. I'm the kinda guy that almot NEVER cries, like NEVER. Even at my grandpa's death I barely lost a single tear. I was really close with him yet my face was dry the whole day the whole night the whole month and still till this day. But Ano hana...just...idek man it broke me. I found myself having to pause the dang thing cause I couldn't see with all the tears in my eyes. Loved the anime, thank god I didn't watch that one at school.

Durarara -

my very first anime, the start of my Otaku-like life. I used to be a hater of anyone and everyone that watched anime, called them weirdos and that stuff. So naive I know, I hate old me. But A girl I liked loved Durarara and I wanted to watch it so I could have something to talk to her about you know? And what do ya know...I loved it, I loved the message it gave, I loved the story, I loved the animations, I loved the charachters, I loved the chills I got as all their stories linked together... oh man. I loved it all.

As for let downs.

Sword art online. Too much hype, seriously. I was expecting sooooo much more. Nada. NADA. that second ARC...OMG PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME. Sorry SAO fans. I just had to say it.

2nd Ano Hana it is amazing.