Another Long time Lurker.

FontSize72LOL

Hello~

I've probably been aware of Fuwanovel since 2013, and for the last year or so, have exclusively used the site for walkthroughs, VNTL information, and perhaps reading a few of the blog posts (ever since vntls.org stopped updating once upon a time). I'm a fairly introverted (INTP-A, for those familiar with that type of thing) 25 year old. Being exposed to Visual Novels has been an interesting journey, i must say. In a gaming lul, i decided to pick up Katawa Shoujo on a whim sometime in late summer 2012, and i was blown away on how much such a thing could actually immerse me (I didn't sleep that first night, and managed to read most of the VN in one day). At the time, i had barely any knowledge of what a VN was, as most was heard second hand on various discussion boards, and the little i thought i knew was pretty unflattering (I assumed most VNs were Nukige-like, and had little story/character substance). That opened me up to trying out Fate/Stay Night, Steins;Gate, Ever17, Muv-Luv + Alternative, and a plethora of others that i grew to enjoy. Coincidently enough, between highschool and katawa shoujo, i hadn't really watched much anime, and going through Katawa shoujo actually rekindled my interest in that medium as well, haha.

I've probably read enough to where i'd have a hard time making a top 5, but If i had to choose a top 5 (in no particular order), they would be the following:

• Cross†Channel
  • Ef - A fairy tale of the two.
  • Ever17 -the Out of Infinity-
  • Muv Luv + Alternative (Specifically Alternative)
  • Steins;Gate

Some honorable mentions would be Rewrite, Majikoi, Grisaia, Fate/Stay Night, and Sharin no Kuni

But yeah, Making topics aren't my strong point, so hopefully this serves as some kind of bare-bones introduction. If there is anything anyone wants to know, feel free to ask and i'll try to answer it to the best of my ability.

@Forgetful Frank

Thank you! Yeah, I'm not a prolific forum poster by any means, but i'll probably be around more often now that i have a forum account.

@DarkZedge

Thank you for the welcome~. I hope to have a good time here, as well. Don't worry, i'll speak up if i need to know anything ;3.

@Fred the Barber

Just for you, i added it to my list. Well, its not like i-i'm ashamed of anything i've read or anything! Well, i have it public elsewhere so i might as well post it here too, haha. Feel free to send me recommendations.

Anyway... just something else to add, i'll often type in a fairly blunt manner so bear that in mind. I generally try to make an effort to fix that, but sometimes it slips through.

@Flutterz

Thank you, and i hope to as well. Glad you approve of my taste, haha.

Nice moe ;3.

@Eclipsed

Well, i wouldn't dare claim that i'm that well informed. I wasn't very active browsing the forum side of things, except maybe checking up on a local project, VNTLS, Walkthroughs or maybe an opinion on a recently released Visual novel or such. Its just odd that during all that time i never really got around to making a forum account, but i've never been one to be exceedingly active on forums. This site has sure changed over the years, though. Its done a 180, thats for sure. But yeah, i don't think i actually know of any memes sadly.

@Arcadeotic

Thanks, although i'm not sure if you meant old-timer in the sense of me being 25, or the sense of me being vaguely around for a couple of years. Although, I certainly do feel old at times when comparing myself with average age of the anime community sometimes.

Since I'd already welcomed you, guess I'll better skip to the VN Recommendation here. I see that you read most of recommended VN from some thread here, so I'll add I/O if you feel that you still want to read Tanaka Romeo (He was in Rewrite, Yume Miru Kusuri, Cross Channel, and he was planner in I/O) work. Also Remember11 if you want to read more Infinity series, but beware if you didn't like open ending though (Actually more like no ending, but I think the story should be still good).

As for my experience as lurker, I think I'd already knew about Fuwanovel since the name was still Visual Novel Aer ie back at 2012 (I'd also browse erogames forum, VNDB, and now dead VNTL back there), then sometimes I use torrent from Fuwanovel and find that the forum was quite active back in 2014. Then I just register here at whim back around the end of 2014 just want to post tips at Soukoku no Arterial thread although I'm still not active too much compared of now back in 2015. Then I decided to introduce myself as 41st post, and I think at this moment I'm far more active here. Well, just want to share my experience here.

Lastly, well have fun here and hope you enjoy your stay here.

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Since I'd already welcomed you, guess I'll better skip to the VN Recommendation here. I see that you read most of recommended VN from some thread here, so I'll add I/O if you feel that you still want to read Tanaka Romeo (He was in Rewrite, Yume Miru Kusuri, Cross Channel, and he was planner in I/O) work. Also Remember11 if you want to read more Infinity series, but beware if you didn't like open ending though (Actually more like no ending, but I think the story should be still good).

As for my experience as lurker, I think I'd already knew about Fuwanovel since the name was still Visual Novel Aer ie back at 2012 (I'd also browse erogames forum, VNDB, and now dead VNTL back there), then sometimes I use torrent from Fuwanovel and find that the forum was quite active back in 2014. Then I just register here at whim back around the end of 2014 just want to post tips at Soukoku no Arterial thread although I'm still not active too much compared of now back in 2015. Then I decided to introduce myself as 41st post, and I think at this moment I'm far more active here. Well, just want to share my experience here.

Lastly, well have fun here and hope you enjoy your stay here.

I wasn't actually aware that Tanaka did I/O, so i guess i'll put that on a higher priority. Remember11 was something i was planning on getting around to eventually. I basically heard that it didn't have much of an ending elsewhere and that might have scared me away from it. I don't mind Open endings as long as they're done in a satisfying way.

I'd say my joining was a bit of a whim as well. I've never really been a very social person, so I have a tendancy to lurk and read posts but not contribute unless i feel like i can bring something unique to the discussion (Although, sometimes i'll just post for the hell of it). I don't really have alot of people in my social circles that actually play VNs, or at the very least, play them much anymore. Other than the few people on Skype i talk to with the interest, and MAL, that's about it. But yeah, its interesting to hear others' experience so thank you for sharing.

@Dergonu         : Thanks!

@Nimbus           : Thank you, and will do.

@VirginSmasher  : Ever17 was pretty great ;3, but yeah i'll try to stick around, thank you.

Hello, fellow long time lurker! (I guess fellow old-timer too. lol)

I feel you on the whole not wanting to post if you don't think you have something unique to contribute thing. I'm pretty much the same way. (Don't wanna come off as a scrub after all)

Spoiler

pPzjzSP.jpg

As for recommendations I second the Remember11 suggestion, but to give you more variety I'll add Kikokugai and Hatoful Boyfriend as well. Kikokugai for some quality Urobutcher and Hatoful for the LOLS. Hatoful is also a surprisingly well thought out narrative despite the subject matter, you just need to get to that true end to really see it.