any yoyo player / penspinner / any other kind of juggler here?

gunter

hey guys! i dont really know if here is the appropriate section,if it's not tell me ,i'll move the topic to a more appropriate place :v .

i've been wondering if any other members of this board are also into any kind of juggling. and of course,if it's the case for anyone,i'd like to see whant you can do :yumiko:

speaking for myself ,i'm into yoyoing since two years ,and before that i also tried penspinning (even if it's waaay too hard  ^^' ) . i'll leave my more recent video here ,hope you'll like it .

have a nice day !

Spoiler

After watching blazing teens, I was super into Yoyos, although that was when I was a kid. No idea how good I'd be now

Was a pretty good show btw. Most of their tricks were legit, with a bit of effects added in cuz y nut

Also I must say, your skills are pretty next level. You'd probably beat the finalist in this show in a super saiyan/draon/fire move or something :Teeku:

4 hours ago, Tenkuru said:

I used to dabble in penspinning a few years back when I was in secondary school, though I'm pretty rusty now.

Pen modding was pretty fun, and modded pens can be sold for quite a sum (~$50). 

yay,i miss pen modding... i used to penspinn with a friend like two years ago , and we made pretty shitty mods ,it was really epic (single sided completly unbalanced with handmade inserts ... )

i also  remember how i was shearching equivalent of japanese pens in frenchs shops  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, babiker said:

After watching blazing teens, I was super into Yoyos, although that was when I was a kid. No idea how good I'd be now

Was a pretty good show btw. Most of their tricks were legit, with a bit of effects added in cuz y nut

Also I must say, your skills are pretty next level. You'd probably beat the finalist in this show in a super saiyan/draon/fire move or something :Teeku:

hahahah,i've heard 'bout this show... the tricks are realy legit,for old school yoyoing :P . now we have much wider yoyos,wich are called " unresponsive" (when you tug on the string the yoyo didn't come back in your hand) it allow more complicated tricks (that's  why my skills seems pretty much higer than their,but i'm not really a great performer (you've got one  here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz374AkSNEY

and your pens aren't flying away xToki... that's aerials tricks  x)

Sweet video. Yo-yo is one of those things I never understood, so I'm dazzled by pretty much anything there, but you are clearly a cut above at it.

I've been doing novice-level "regular" juggling (three balls, or 3-N clubs and N balls, though I could never get down to N = 0) since college. I had a four-person roommate situation, and coincidentally two of them were pretty good at juggling, so the other two of us felt obligated to learn.

Nowadays, I mostly use it to show off to friends and co-workers. I need to get my reverse cascade back, but at least my regular three-ball juggling is very stable, so I don't drop the fruit I grab off peoples' desks on the floor. At least, not often. :sachi:

*splosh*

i've got this problem since i suck at three balls juggling ...and i always try to juggle with apples or oranges in my school cafeteria .

and yep,yoyoing is more difficult to understand that regular juggling,in the sense that for many player,you must a least play a little bit to understand  and appreciate the tricks. it greatly lack visual impact :v

by the way,did you hit the mill mess with three balls?

Mills Mess is definitely out of my league, even back when I was practicing even somewhat regularly - reverse cascade was as complicated as I ever got. It looks like there are some other tricks between reverse and regular cascade (half-shower, juggler's tennis), which I could probably pull off as well but never thought to try. I think I used to be able to switch back and forth between regular and reverse cascade, though. I was working on four balls back before I fell out of the habit, but that's really just independently juggling two balls in each hand, and I wasn't nearly as stable with two balls (even in my dominant hand) as I was with three balls, so I never made much progress. And every time I tried five (which is easier than four, for some people), it was an utter disaster. My college roommates could do five balls, though. I remember in the spring, they'd be outside working on trading clubs, which they could actually pull off sometimes - it was pretty fun to watch.

Edit, remembered one more thing: I also used to throw in claw grabs from time to time. I probably can still do that, since I never found it very difficult to mix in. Honestly, just reading about this stuff is pretty fun - I didn't even know until now that there was a name for that little trick.

To be honest, this thread got me pumped up about picking up my juggling again, so I was flipping through a bunch of pages at the Library of Juggling, looking at tricks I could learn like this one. I haven't had a proper set of juggling balls around in years, so I just ordered some off the internet too. :wahaha:

There's a ton of amazing stuff on that site. Once I get comfortable with it again, I want to try to learn Factory.

I'm used to penspinning since 2010, i guess. Even bought 6 mods with my friend (both got 3). Even made one ourselves for each other. And now these mods (except for hand made) are still with me. I know some tricks and often do them when deep in thought at work, watch anime or read VNs. Still, i'm supposed to call myself newbie in penspinning, just used to it, do it for keep hands busy with something and one mod always with me). Pretty fun.

8 hours ago, cro-mag said:

I'm used to penspinning since 2010, i guess. Even bought 6 mods with my friend (both got 3). Even made one ourselves for each other. And now these mods (except for hand made) are still with me. I know some tricks and often do them when deep in thought at work, watch anime or read VNs. Still, i'm supposed to call myself newbie in penspinning, just used to it, do it for keep hands busy with something and one mod always with me). Pretty fun.

i often do some combos like sonic rise to infinty in repeater mode ,when i listen to the teacher in class or when i talk to someone absent-mindly. even if without mods (i've lost all my old stuff :v ) it tends to be a little difficult ^^'

9 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

To be honest, this thread got me pumped up about picking up my juggling again, so I was flipping through a bunch of pages at the Library of Juggling, looking at tricks I could learn like this one. I haven't had a proper set of juggling balls around in years, so I just ordered some off the internet too. :wahaha:

There's a ton of amazing stuff on that site. Once I get comfortable with it again, I want to try to learn Factory.

wow,pretty good news !

• 2 weeks later...

My juggling stuff arrived a couple weeks back and I've been practicing daily. I'm working my way up to Reverse Cascade at the moment, and I was practicing Juggler's Tennis a couple days ago (which I can usually do four or five cycles of before I overthrow something badly), and then while playing around started doing Half-Shower, which turns out to be pretty easy for me and looks kind of cool. Hooray new things!

I also remembered while playing around that I used to dabble in contact juggling, and the balls I got actually aren't bad for that. So I might have to start practicing that up as well.

• 3 months later...

so. just in case , even if i know fuwa dont care, i competed in french national yoyo contest ,and i ranked 10th on 16 player. i completely messed up the end of my freestyle , but i managed to do quite good looking stuff at the beginning. 

here is the record,hope you'll enjoy it :sacchan:

Damn son, those are some sick moves. I particularly like the choice of music and your synergy between your moves and the beats. Better luck next time, I'm sure you can make it big with a bit of practice : >

I actually bought a yoyo quite recently... But it only lasted a few days before my younger brother (who's 8 btw) stole it and broke it. I'll be sure to hide it properly next time :P

eh,thanks. i have a few yyo related friends who think i can be french champion within one or two years, but to be honest i think my style dont fit the competion standard , plus i'm fuckin lazy ,so i think i'll never do better score than 8th/7th ...

and i know the problem , i've got two lil brother (twins...) and they often "borrow" my yoyos ... what a pain in the neck :wahaha:

btw, what kind of yoyo did you buy? some responive/looper one,or a more "modern" thing?

No idea tbh. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything as "professional" as your yoyos are, mine was the kind you can find in just about any toy store. You can make a few nice tricks here and there... But nothing too long. It doesn't spin for very long. I have no idea where to find your kind, nor do I think I can afford it :P