Konichiwa~

Caio000

I think it's a bit late for to post this here as I already posted two times in this forum but whatever. Hi, I am Caio000, I am mostly a lurker who sometimes feel a urge to post something and so I decided to introduce myself here just to say hi however this will be a long post, when I decide to talk about myself I tend to talk a lot so I apologize in advance if this post is too long.

I am somewhat of a antisocial who feels lonely easily, as you can see from my profile I live in Brazil but not the Brazil I wanted to live in but this doesn't matter here, my interests are mainly anime, light novels, games (especially JRPGs), visual novels, family trees (especially the messed up ones, the more messed up the better) and history (please ignore the fact the last two has nothing to do with the others). My tastes are varied and I can pretty much read anything that has at least a nice story although I love good and awesome stories my standards are somewhat low and a have a liking for harem stories (I know, it's a trash liking:yumiko:) since I read Koihime before that I was indifferent at best.

My interest in the 2D world goes back to my childhood, even though I didn't know what anime back was then I liked them better than others cartoon and was because of anime I became interested in visual novels. I discovered visual novels because of my cousin, when I was younger and didn't have a computer I always watched my cousin play games in his computer, there was time he played True Love which interested me (by the way, I was quite surprised when he reached a h-scene and I became so nervous I left the room).

Years later when I had a computer I remembered about True Love (VNDB) and decided to play it myself, after search it in internet I discovered visual novels I became immensely interested in them. I guess my first visual novels after this was Narcissu which I read in 2012 or 2013, it was translated in Portuguese but I eventually became frustrated with the lack of visual novels translated to Portuguese and decided to learn English reading visual novels translated to English and taking my English lessons in school seriously (I become one of the best in English of my class). Since then I read many visual novels however I started paying for them relatively recently when Sekai Project started publishing them in Steam (moenovel doesn't count) because of the regional pricing and because I finally realized how wrong piracy is (piracy is too much common in my country), I plan in future pay for the visual novels I pirated.

The only visual novels I played untranslated were 0verflow’s visual novels because I had to know all about this family tree no matter what even though what I knew of Japanese was the little I learned in some video classes I downloaded (I dropped it in the third or fourth class), in the beginning I used mostly machine translation but eventually I used only JParser to translate word per word, I was a bit surprised the much of Japanese I learned using it. Currently I am doing an actual course of Japanese to stop being a peasant who only reads visual novels in English and became one of these elusive elite who talks about Dies irae, Muramasa, Sakura no Uta and such(though when I learn enough Japanese I am more likely to drown myself in moeges than anything else).

In this forum I am usually lurking around the Visual Novel Talk reading people comments on news, principally if it's news that'll make people salty. It's quite entertaining:makina: (I am actually trying to forget I am a bit salty too).

I guess that's it... Maybe this post is a "little" too big. Is it okay post something this big here? I apologize again for it. Anyway, although I probably won't post frequently here よろしくお願いします。

Sup Caio fella :sachi: Welcome to Fuwanovel, hope to see you about on the occasions you do post!

by the way, I was quite surprised when he reached a h-scene and I became so nervous I left the room

To be fair, if I was watching someone else play a visual novel and reach a h-scene, I'd probably leave the room too :makina:

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoyed yourself here. Okay, I knew that was cliche.

As for the introduction, I think you still quite early, because I remember that I introduce myself after I posted 41 post here and I'd also remember that one member reintroduce himself with 2,300 post number. For piracy, well it's also major problem in Indonesia and it was very heavily divisive topic, so let's leave it at that. As for Overflow, I think the company now has tendency to exploit 'Days' franchise, although guess it would be common sense (But the game was too heavy ie required more than 10 GB HDD size and the engine was infamously buggy). For your post, I think it's okay if you want to post long here, and I think it's okay if you post something big here at least from my experience.

Anyway, that's all for my thought about your introduction and for the reply of your Japanese word, I would said 'Nice to meet you too, and hope we could meet more often here'.

I don t think it s really long. If i was to inroduce myself properly, it would be over 2 pages :makina:

I dunno what would i do if i didn t learn English back then, now when i think about it, i m nothing compared to those who speak even Japanese xD

Anyway, "welcome here and enjoy your stay" cliche always works

Welcome to the community! :miyako:

Don't worry about your post being 'too big', when I first joined a few months back, I too wrote a pretty sizeable introduction and was welcomed just as warmly as you have been. ^_^

I'm sure you'll find it quite enjoyable here on Fuwanovel, everyone's real nice and always willing to answer your questions and give recommendations.