About bog-standard eroge and vanilla H-scenes

Okarin

Hey ppl,

I've been sluggishly playing Noble*Works and while it's a nice eroge, I fear I can't do this anymore.

The longest "nonchalant" (read: bog standard) eroge I've done is Period (8 routes), and by the end I was begging to be done once and for all.

Noble*Works is entertaining if you like high school crap, and it keeps you reading, but in the end, it's hardly special.

Supposedly in this type of game the H content is a treat for reading so far, but in this case the romance is a main focus. Here with a rare exception, H-scenes are boring standard.

So, I wanted to ask, I've got Koichoco available for reading, but should I skip it? VNDB points out that the H content is just more vanilla crap. I hardly expect that the development has anything more going for it than the H and romance.

Maybe I should just read dramatic romance stories with illness and so? Like Rin's in Period, I liked that. And if so do you know of any nice translated title in that regard?

Yes, koichoco plot is... idiotic at most if you can call it a plot (and the endings..my god *insert facepalm here* )  I mean if you love to read hours and hours about food discussion and elections about being the council president you will love this shit, if you still want to read it skip chisato's route which the vn forces you to read...

Also the eroge is this vn is rather scarce and you will need to read a lot to get to it. 

I recommend you to read one thousand lies in spanish if you can, there is no eroge. Yume miru kusuri is a good choice too if you haven't read it yet and last you can spice things up like derg said with euphoria xD

I guess, at least for me, sister material is on the other side of the spectrum: too hardcore (well, when it isn't treated as an otherwise standard heroine happening to be your sister) and, in the case of Crescendo, baffling, and low quality I'd say.

Just now, Deep Blue said:

Yes, koichoco plot is... idiotic at most if you can call it a plot (and the endings..my god *insert facepalm here* )  I mean if you love to read hours and hours about food discussion and elections about being the council president you will love this shit, if you still want to read it skip chisato's route which the vn forces you to read...

Ignore him. Koichoco is not, by far, that bad, even less just about school elections. For me, actually, after you read the first route and start skipping, you don't even read about elections anymore.

Btw Yume Miru is not as good as many other vns out there. It does do what it was expected: to talk about some drug, fear and crazyness, but the whole work is ok, nothing too great.

1 minute ago, Silvz said:

Ignore him. Koichoco is not, by far, that bad, even less just about school elections. For me, actually, after you read the first route and start skipping, you don't even read about elections anymore.

If you can get used to Koicho's art. It kind of bothered me.

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

Btw Yume Miru is not as good as many other vns out there. It does do what it was expected: to talk about some drug, fear and crazyness, but the whole work is ok, nothing too great.

you see a great vn I see a bland and boring charage, it's a matter of perspectives and opinions:shrug: you can state your opinion without the "ignoring part", I think.

I do understand your issues with standard SoL VNs, and they do get rather repetive

I've myself have ad two burnouts because of these VNs, but the slope does get more smooth the more you play.

With that in mind, KoiChoco is really average in terms of story art and pacing

I think there's nothing really to win with reading KoiChoco, sadly

However I'm extremely biased towards Michiru, so I'd say play that one

Her route has some standard elements, but some irregular as well, it'sa  nice balance of the two

I very much loved her route and her herself

How can you say no to this?

Spoiler

MSnsO1B.jpg