The Last of Us

Clannad Fan

Three Words

O MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS AWESOME.

OK OK Little more than 3 words. Just finished this game last night. I must say it is one of the best games ( other than tales of series ) that I've played the last few years. It felt like a interactive story to me, the way the characters react to their surroundings and each other is just bloody amazing.

If you are contemplating getting it i would deffo recommend it. This game is insane.

Wont go into detail as don't want to ruin it with spoilers but i can honestly say this game is great. The only bad thing i can say about this game, I wish it was longer :(/> ..

I'm still playing through it.

Don't kill me for this, but I honestly feel like the story is lacking. It just seems like the overall story is something I've already seen before.

The dialogue and character interaction and development is amazing though, I'm playing it for those.

I also encountered an awful lot of framerate drops, especially in the plant.

I really enjoyed it, too. It represents, in my mind, a shift happening with many AAA games towards character-centric storytelling. It kind of goes back to the idea that there are only so many plots out there (although the Last of Us does a good job at consistently breaking expectations and overused plot devices), and so characters are the vehicle for vibrant stories.

I joined the 10/10 group for this one. Fantastic game.

PS: This isn't a game to be blown through. You have to take your time, appreciate the huge depth of character-character interactions, and character-environment interactions, and use that noggin to ponder the themes.

Im watching an walkthrough of it on youtube, so far so good, graphics are great, characters are amazing....but enemy AI...well...lets say the game isnt as realistic as I though it would be, stealth is just too easy aswell.

Better AI and a lengthier campaign (the walkthrough only has 12 episodes, thats way less then I expected) is all It needs to reach near perfection.

I gave it a 9.5, it was an awesome game, story was brilliantly written and well executed. Gameplay could have been a bit better, had some issues with it in some areas, as well as i would have loved to actually have chosen what to do in the end of the game. I kind of didn't like the ending, felt like it should have went a different way. But by far, the best scene is the

giraffe scene in the hospital(?) That part almost had me in tears.Then reality hit me when i realized that the scene was too damn beautiful. Law of Entropy in mind, I knew something equally horrific is going to happen...and it did.

I really enjoyed it, too. It represents, in my mind, a shift happening with many AAA games towards character-centric storytelling. It kind of goes back to the idea that there are only so many plots out there (although the Last of Us does a good job at consistently breaking expectations and overused plot devices), and so characters are the vehicle for vibrant stories.

I joined the 10/10 group for this one. Fantastic game.

PS: This isn't a game to be blown through. You have to take your time, appreciate the huge depth of character-character interactions, and character-environment interactions, and use that noggin to ponder the themes.

Well said :)

Im watching an walkthrough of it on youtube, so far so good, graphics are great, characters are amazing....but enemy AI...well...lets say the game isnt as realistic as I though it would be, stealth is just too easy aswell.

Better AI and a lengthier campaign (the walk through only has 12 episodes, thats way less then I expected) is all It needs to reach near perfection.

You have to realise alot of you tube let's plays don't play a game thoroughly, if you spend time enjoying doing all there is to do, and looking for as many hidden stuff as you can it takes considerably longer. Let's Plays tend to do the game at faster pastes as to keep the viewers interested.

( I have watched alot of let's plays for games i enjoy. for instance i watched a 27 episode lets play for tales of vesperia which is not alot considering my 1st play through clocked 103 hours. ) for example.

You have to realise alot of you tube let's plays don't play a game thoroughly, if you spend time enjoying doing all there is to do, and looking for as many hidden stuff as you can it takes considerably longer. Let's Plays tend to do the game at faster pastes as to keep the viewers interested.

( I have watched alot of let's plays for games i enjoy. for instance i watched a 27 episode lets play for tales of vesperia which is not alot considering my 1st play through clocked 103 hours. ) for example.

Oh, I know that, but he doesnt rush things up, each episode is around the 30-45 min mark, wich is quite long, what im saying is that since the game is so focused on story it should be a little longer, not saying its short though, just not the length I expected it to be, its still a great game nonetheless.

For the record, I played the game on Hard difficulty (not sure what the online youtube walkthroughs are on), and the AI was pretty darn good. I was challenged, freaked out, and had a blast.

The Salt Lake scene was especially sweet for me: I actually live in Salt Lake, and so -- after this long journey -- to suddenly start playing in my own backyard, and to see so many familiar places and landmarks... It was a very quiet, sweet, special thing. It really contrasted with the rest of the horrors of earlier segments (and, of course, the ending).

Oh, I know that, but he doesnt rush things up, each episode is around the 30-45 min mark, wich is quite long, what im saying is that since the game is so focused on story it should be a little longer, not saying its short though, just not the length I expected it to be, its still a great game nonetheless.

I understand the game could have been much longer, is what I'm telling myself, but i think it's just my greedy nature coz i love this game. after 100+ hours of tales of vesperia ( best game ever ) i still think it's too short :D

For the record, I played the game on Hard difficulty (not sure what the online youtube walkthroughs are on), and the AI was pretty darn good. I was challenged, freaked out, and had a blast.

The Salt Lake scene was especially sweet for me: I actually live in Salt Lake, and so -- after this long journey -- to suddenly start playing in my own backyard, and to see so many familiar places and landmarks... It was a very quiet, sweet, special thing. It really contrasted with the rest of the horrors of earlier segments (and, of course, the ending).

The end shocked me, but I was kinda expecting it.

I find the characters in this game are amazingly done, the AI was a really good and I think it is a good idea to not make the game too long that it outstays its welcome.

I think I know why a lot of the reviews wanted to give it a perfect 10. It makes me glad I bought a PS3 and there's not been a lot that made me feel that good about the console.

I find the characters in this game are amazingly done, the AI was a really good and I think it is a good idea to not make the game too long that it outstays its welcome.

I think I know why a lot of the reviews wanted to give it a perfect 10. It makes me glad I bought a PS3 and there's not been a lot that made me feel that good about the console.

I actually had problems with the AI. I am creeping around the house, taking out everyone one-by-one, when all of a sudden, Ellie just runs and hides right in front one of the guys, and bumps into him. Luckily, the developers made it so that if the AI messed up, the enemy wont notice it. So all was good. Kind of funny though...but kind of took away from the realism of the game. But as backup? Loved them. They actually do something against the enemy during firefights, unlike other games.

I actually had problems with the AI. I am creeping around the house, taking out everyone one-by-one, when all of a sudden, Ellie just runs and hides right in front one of the guys, and bumps into him. Luckily, the developers made it so that if the AI messed up, the enemy wont notice it. So all was good. Kind of funny though...but kind of took away from the realism of the game. But as backup? Loved them. They actually do something against the enemy during firefights, unlike other games.

I have to admit as much as it breaks the immersion, I did like that AI characters are essentially invisible, bad pathing could have ruined the game completely and that would have been a shame.