Majo Koi Nikki Translation Project

Hasa

As a long-winded man who seems to have stopped writing books in favor of an HBO series once said, "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." I'm pleased to announce that, as of yesterday, our search for a lead TL is complete, and TBAC (who doesn't have a Fuwa account or I'd tag him) has joined the Majo Koi Nikki translation team as our new Lead TL. TBAC will be both TLCing existing translated work that hasn't yet been TLCed and picking up translation of Konron's route, as well as finishing the Cinderella route assuming Sanzy doesn't reappear.

Also, I forgot to mention that TLC progress moved back a little bit a few weeks ago along with TL progress when we decided to re-TL one of the routes. So although we actually do have a bit of TLC progress this week thanks to TBAC getting started, the number is actually less than the last TLC number I posted <_<

At any rate, here are the current numbers, mostly to set the current TLC baseline:

TL: 29479/40208 (73.3%) - unchanged
Edit: 27031/40208 (67.2%), +104 (0.3%)
TLC: 6054/40208 (15.1%), +153 (0.4%)

We initially had TBAC looking at TLC, but we've decided we want to focus on completing the TL first, so for now he's catching up on reading the game so he can start in on the route he's going to translate (it being one of the latest sections in the game and requiring a fair bit of context). So, not much progress this week:

TL: unchanged
Edit: 27659/40208 (68.7%), +628 (1.6%)
TLC: 6282/40208 (15.6%), +228 (0.6%)

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to say. TBAC is still catching up on reading the game, and I had a hellish work week (traveling is the worst) so I didn't get any editing done either. Between the two, we had no progress this week at all; I think this is the first time that's happened since the project started. We appreciate your patience as we work to catch back up from the fallout of losing our previous lead TL.

Editing made a tiny bit of progress and is now caught up with translation on Mii's route. I'm now working through a second pass edit of Cinderella, both because it needs it and in preparation to catch up with TL there; I'm about a thousand lines in, there, which doesn't show up as progress, but it's good work to get done nonetheless. TBAC is still catching up on the game, and TLCing Cinderella in preparation for translating the remainder of that route, so some TLC progress as well.

Edit: 27972/40208 (69.6%), +47 (0.1%)
TLC: 6449/40208 (16.0%), +167 (0.4%)

I'm pleased to report that some numbers got bigger this week! Having wrapped up work on his previous project, TBAC did some TLC on the Cinderella route and is otherwise still catching up on reading other TLed routes. I also did a few thousand more lines of polishing up the edit this week, but that doesn't show up in the numbers, so all you get this week is:

TLC: 7489/40208 (18.5%), +1040 (2.6%)

• 2 weeks later...

Few days late on the update this week since I've had some personal matters to attend to over the past few days. TLC continues to make substantial progress, and at this point the Cinderella route TLC is almost, but not quite, done, after which TBAC will be translating the rest of it. We also got a little bump of TL progress to Mii's route late last week. Not much visible on the editing side, but as usual, a lot is getting done there as well, just not in visible places. That should be changing as well now that translation progress will be picking back up.

TL: 29559/40208 (73.5%), +80 (0.2%)
TLC: 11462/40208 (28.5%), +3973 (9.9%)

It's always spring here at the Majo Koi Nikki project, but the frozen time has finally resumed, and we've crossed our first major landmark in months, reaching 30,000 translated lines, thanks to a pretty decent TL bump for four days' progress (since my last update). I'm just about complete with my re-editing pass, which means editing numbers should start making forward progress next week as well.

TL: 30101/40208 (74.9%), +542 (1.3%)

Maybe make the line like 'the frozen time had finally set free' or something like that, if I may suggest something here. By the way, the line was from Persona 2 Oracle Maya.

Anyway, good job that we finally had more solid progress from the translation itself after almost three months lack of it. Look forward to editing progress here.

Another great week. Konron's route is fully translated now, leaving only Hijiri, Mii, and a little bit of ending. There's a little misleading information in the tracker, since Hijiri progress moved, but it's not really progressing, just some git stuff while we're moving around previous progress (mostly that impacts the TLC numbers, but also a little bit of TL numbers). There is some real TLC progress as well (all of Rei and a little bit of progress on ending). The translator who will be working on Hijiri's route actually hasn't started, but will likely be picking up the project in 10 days or so (will require some initial ramp-up time reading, though, so probably no progress for a couple weeks there, at least). TBAC has finished his share of translating, so he'll be TLCing and filling in the gaps on Ending next, and then going back from the beginning to TLC the rest, while our two remaining translators work through the rest of Hijiri and Mii. There's still a lot to be done, but we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

TL: 34320/40208 (85.4%), +2461 (6.1%)
Edit: 31346/40208 (78.0%), +1811 (4.5%)

With TBAC wrapping up his translation contribution last week, TL progress is slower once again, but that will hopefully be picking up within the next couple of weeks as our remaining translators free up to tackle the remainder of Mii and Hijiri's routes (one of them accounted for this week's TL progress, on the Mii route, by the way). Editing is nearly done with Konron and will then be tackling Ending, and TBAC made some good TLC progress, knocking out Rei's route and part of Ending. TLC is temporarily on hold until we work through some technical stuff on the script side (complicated and not especially interesting, so I'll spare you the details), but that shouldn't take much longer either and then we'll be fully back in business. So, while this was a somewhat quieter week than the last few, things should pick up again soon.

TL: 34552/40208 (85.9%), +232 (0.6%)
Edit: 32478/40208 (80.8%), +1132 (2.8%)
TLC: 13593/40208 (33.8%), +1214 (3.0%)