Majo Koi Nikki Translation Project

Hasa

Majo Koi Nikki Translation Project (Last Update: 05/03/2016)

71567cae09.jpg

https://vndb.org/v14062

Description (Quoted from VNDB)

Alice lives alone in an old barber shop in the shopping district of the rose-coloured town. It was the second spring at her school and nothing special happened. That was until one day when she was exploring a clock tower in a forest a ways from the school with a friend and found a strange diary which had been dropped. She took it home with her and when she opened it, the days of a young boy were spelled out there. It was the story of first love and a broken heart.

Opening Video (YouTube)

English Translation Demo

Team

Team Name: Luna Translations

Translator: Hasa

Editor: Aizen-Sama

Hacker: Aizen-Sama, Porygon2

Image Editor: Aleister

Progress

05/03/2016

• Scenario texts have been extracted.

04/23/2016

• An English translation demo (linked above) has been posted on YouTube.
  • The scripts will be extracted once our hacker's finished with his school stuff.
  • Preparing our team blog to share project progress and all that.

ETC

Before we've decided to translate this game, we threw a poll here to find out which game people preferred to see translated: this one vs Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-. Some time later, we learned that some people might dislike to see the latter title translated for reasons, which was why we cancelled the poll shortly after. We didn't mean to make anyone upset by picking up the latter game, and if any of you had any bad feelings about it, we apologize. 

I knew about this VN for a while, but didn t know if it s translated (but was interested). Now i guess it was not translated.... But good that someone picked it up, good luck with the work.

Just to make sure, you are just starting right? or u have some work done already?

8 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Just to make sure, you are just starting right? or u have some work done already?

Nothing's been translated yet. We're going to make a YouTube video to show part of our work later, though.

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Umm, so what exactly will you be showing if nothing has actually been translated?

Anyways, good luck on the project. :sachi:

I mean, there's going to be a video up once we've made some progress. Sorry for the confusion.

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Umm, so what exactly will you be showing if nothing has actually been translated?

Anyways, good luck on the project. :sachi:

The yotube video will contain the translation in closed english subtitles (in the youtube cc option). Once the text is fully extracted (when I finish with my exams) the closed caps will be changed for the actual game translation

3 minutes ago, Hasa said:

I mean, there's going to be a video up once we've made some progress. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, that makes sense then. Haha :sacchan:

1 minute ago, Aizen-Sama said:

The yotube video will contain the translation in closed english subtitles (in the youtube cc option). Once the text is fully extracted (when I finish with my exams) the closed caps will be changed for the actual game translation

I see. Cool :sachi:

Well, again, best of luck guys!

1 hour ago, TheFantasm said:

What problem did people have with Sakura no Uta, if you don't mind me asking? When I checked the poll yesterday it seemed like it was winning, but I never checked the comments.

i bet my balls on it they were all about "your translation wont do this kamige justice", btw.  "a fantranslation harms the chances of a possible official release" etc etc etc.

either way wish you best of luck, patience & last but not least dont forget having some fun whilst working on this one

2 hours ago, TheFantasm said:

What problem did people have with Sakura no Uta, if you don't mind me asking? When I checked the poll yesterday it seemed like it was winning, but I never checked the comments.

I don't think anyone would've had any problems with it, except possible nameless/anons not from this particular community who have a bad opinion of this community, and the fan-translation projects this community occasionally hosts. I'm not one of those people (I'd love to see more well-renowned Eroge get any sort of attention here in the west, even though the times are changing), but I did feel obligated to share one of my experiences with @Aizen-Sama; one that entailed me outwardly expressing a want or a plan to announce to the public a fan-translation project of my own of Sakura no Uta. In that I was told to back off by multiple people because; Subarashiki Hibi, a work by the same creator of Sakura no Uta that is "spiritually connected" to it as a work of fiction, is currently going through an official deal between TLWiki and KeroQ regarding its English translation - that was before purely fan (you can read about it here), and by going through with my project and releasing anything I could've potentially affected or even undermined the deal in some way.

I guess the only issue I myself would have with a Sakuuta project is regarding whether or not certain small parts of Sakuuta's script - which are extremely difficult to translate correctly - were translated properly. But even with that matter I'm starting to want to hold my tongue. Because I know I couldn't do it either lol..

Let's let TLWiki manage the rights on this one, I say. Better safe than sorry, right? They've worked pretty hard up to the point they've gotten to, and they have a fair team of people - some of whom have a lot of experience in the Japanese language, in context to reading Japanese Eroge that is - potentially willing to work for deals like these in the future. Sakuuta may be one of them, and it may be official instead of just fan.

@Hasa; I do wish you and your team the best of luck in this project and all of your future projects, though. Like I said, really any sort of attention that great Eroge gets is appreciated by me, by the community, by people. It doesn't matter if it's a "kamige" with the loftiest writing or a mere moege. It's content that any of us can enjoy no matter what form it takes.

20 hours ago, TheFantasm said:

We basically found out that every aspect regarding a translation of Sakura no Uta had some "circumstances" revolving around it. And since we're here to provide for the community and not to get unwanted hate we just dropped the poll.