So, Seinarukana was just released, extra fully. (Steam version now available)

Decay

For the trick against Belbarzed in magical world (Aside from annoying healing, he was quite easy imo if someone didn't care about SS Rank and beat him slowly), maybe the video below could help you. And from his party, he was under-level ie the party level range was the same as you. And for skill changing, only all rounder who could change the skill in battle, and only with already set skill.

For the mana, if you complain that you obtain little, did you build Ark of Metanoia (Increase mana conversion). If not, you better build it in the first town, especially if you didn't care about SS Rank. About Satsuki, I think she was quite in the middle if we compared her to Thalia and Ruputna at Chapter 4. My suggestion to keep Satsuki useful would be place her as attacker, and by the way I think Energy Leak wouldn't became very useless in short time because I remember that up to chapter 7 the enemy still had Flame Shower which was level 4 skill iirc (I also forgot about that). Although I understand if you think Satsuki was useless though. Hope my post here helpful.

For Evolia, did you level Nozomu to level 12? If not, well better reset the stage the stage and get Dual Edge 2. If yes, I'd already post the solution, but basically for first turn had Nozomu using Inspire, then had him using Celestial Ally for the rest and had Nozomu using Cross Divide (Your Nozomu had it, right). And after you allowed to switch your fighting member ie 20 turn expire, switch Nozomu support skill to Inspire again (Because buff would expire if turn limit for combat was expired), and after that you should be able to beat Evolia. Hope this help.

Edit (6/13) - Actually in regard of affection point, you could try to minimize affection point for Nozomi and Satsuki as little as possible in the beginning. The solution here would be maximizing using the crystal. Yes, I would suggest using the crystal in majority of chapter 2 for Nozomu party, and if you bother to conquer all of the base actually crystal could be quite useful, especially red one who learned Flame Shower (720 force damage for all enemy) naturally. Although the crystal stat was quite less compared to human party though. But at least they had functioned well as support imo.

For Nozomu himself, actually he was powerful enough before even all rounder option was added, so he probably could go solo while the crystal support him (Just provide Nozomu with force attack to cover defense skill that block material attack ie enemy green defender). And if all rounder was added, just made Nozomu all rounder if you worry about affection. For the choice, you might as well check my walkthrough here credit to Animesuki user LastSinner (Maybe I will try to make a walkthrough choice based for Seinarukana here in the future). And by the way, if you wonder of how many choice they had, it was 7 choices. Hope this will help once again for any player who confused.

Started my Hard Mode playthrough.  The initial difficulty spike is pretty intense; your units are significantly underleveled and outmatched in raw skill power.  Even with massive advantages from doing Satsuki's route first and having unlocked Nozomu's Eternal skills, I only managed to get S-rank in the first 2 missions.  After that the new skills started to accumulate, I caught up to enemies in level, and the difficulty leveled out; I SS ranked the next two missions and the Drav fight was actually much easier in Hard Mode.  Having to level each new companion that joins 10-30x while still maintaining pace for SS rank is going to be a pain, I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about halfway through my Hard Mode playthrough.

Observations:

• Both enemies and allies are more sturdy and take longer to wear down.  Battles usually take more than 5 rounds to defeat all units, and often take more than 10 even with an optimal attack strategy. 
  • Healing is much more powerful.  A 20% AoE heal becomes a 40% heal.
  • Skills have more limited uses.  Skills have to be rotated or you run the very real risk of running out.  Relying on 1-2 vanguard units to kill everything won't always work.
  • Ally black element users are much more powerful in terms of stats, skills, and utility.  Their defense improves significantly, making them better defenders than blue users.  They're incredibly powerful against mini-bosses with high HP, since their basic HP percentage attacks have their skill modifier buffed AND benefit from the increased stat modifiers at higher levels.  But more importantly, their movement buffing skill allows you to move multiple times in a row, compensating for battles that take more than one attack to clear AND preventing enemies in cities from recovering during the movement delay.
  • All companions are useless when they join, since they join at the same level they ended the game at.  It takes 1-2 missions to raise them up to the same level as your main group, assuming you park them in the starting city with a reinforcer and spend the entire mission leveling them.
  • Bosses are generally easier, as you can ignore mechanics that would 1 or 2-shot you in Normal Mode with relatively higher HP and heals that are twice as powerful.
  • Mana seems easier to convert and therefore it isn't necessary to build a ton of mana converters.  This saves IP during missions and also saves standby grind at the end of missions simply passing turns while waiting for mana to convert.

Overall, game balance is pretty different in Hard Mode, which makes for different challenges and a different experience.  In Normal Mode, you're usually worried about time (assuming you're trying for SS rank) and whether your red user will get 2-shot by AoEs or indirect attacks.  In Hard Mode, you're concerned with balancing skill usages and how to deal with enemy units that hard counter your current unit, resulting in a crippling stalemate that eats up skill usages and could even be impossible to clear with further support.  A standard combo of blue - green - red users could easily deal with every situation in Normal Mode, but in Hard Mode this formation often won't be able to clear enemy units in a single battle, relegating it to a support role for formations with black users.

Due to the increased sturdiness of all units, white users become a viable alternative to green users as defenders and healers.  As long as incoming damage is spread among all members, the initial heal from Inspire or Passion is sufficient to heal the entire group, with the added benefit of providing a badly-needed attack buff.  My current main formation is Sorluska, Satsuki, Nozomu; it can decimate many enemy groups in one battle, and even the tougher turtles can generally be whittled down if enemy heals are banished and Final Velocity is used to battle consecutively (though heals going off during Inspire and Final Velocity can present a big problem).

Finally got to play this game after it's been sitting in my shelf for a while collecting dust.... Already about 50 hours in. Finally got to understand the story and game mechanics better this time.

Some tips to add with sanahtlig's:

- Mana Link/Celestial Ally (white support) skills are OP once they are level 2 and 3 (acquire in Hard and Eternal difficulty). They provide you mana that will last for several turns (III spells give you enough mana for all 10 turns), so you can use those stronger 3-4 mana moves and kill the enemy quicker. 

- Do Narukana's route on Eternal. She makes relic collecting on subsequent runs easy and can solo pretty much every team as an All Rounded by herself.

- Grasp (white support skill) secures you easy kills by preventing enemies from switching, which they tend to do a lot on Aggressive Style. 

- Try to beat the first a difficulty twice before moving onto the next one. This gives you enough relics (skills) and levels in preparation for the harder difficulties.

58 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Do Narukana's route on Eternal. She makes relic collecting on subsequent runs easy and can solo pretty much every team as an All Rounded by herself.

Not recommended.  Why do you need to collect skills after you've beaten it on the hardest difficulty?  There's no challenge left at that point to overcome.  At that point just go back to Normal and 1-hit kill everything with any character.  Narukana's route is probably the "true route", and trust me burnout is real.  I'm barely grinding out a Hard playthrough as it is.

- Try to beat the first a difficulty twice before moving onto the next one. This gives you enough relics (skills) and levels in preparation for the harder difficulties.

Not necessary.  The first 2 missions were annoying but after that I managed to SS every mission on Hard (up to Ch. 12).

My Hard playthrough has become exhausting.  All the skill switching leads to more mistakes (forgetting to switch in the right skill for the situation), and enemy healing gets frustrating.  Midway in they get access to powerful 50% AoE heals, and letting those go off is certain to drain your skill usages and create a stalemate.  Missions seem like they're taking twice as long in real time as they did in Normal Mode due to the preparation time and reloading when something goes wrong (can be as simple as accidentally hitting the retreat button sometimes...).

I think for CeruleanGamer tips in regard of collecting skill was more pointed toward the completionist one. And to collect all skill you must play it 18 times because there's also unique heroine skill that was only obtainable on heroine route. Yes 18 times, which more than enough to give burnout. Some skill also spread between enemy drop and rank prize, and from Japanese guide that I read it's quite hard to got all skill available for other characters (I mean no heroine's route skill), because there were 14 characters and there's some relic that was available that's available less than 14 iirc (I need to check the guide again later). Keep in mind about this fact if you interested to collecting the skill, although as Sanathtlig said it's not necessary though.

Since my explanation about flanking and buster was swept by rollback (How appropriate that there's a stage in Seinarukana that we must face rollback), I figure that I should explain all of attack type, and it's actually based on color. Let me give some analysis that I got from Japanese guide with lousy translation from Google Translate helping. Oh, for each color there's 2 type of attacking (Mostly), although there's some special case though.

White - The attack type was none and buster. None attack type was only had 1 combat mana cost, while buster attack type had 2 or more combat mana cost. Most of buster attack also could attacking all enemy, although if the enemy defender had property to defend all or hyper resist, expect the damage to all enemy will be reduced.

Black - There's 3 attack type from them. The first one would be balance attack which just like default attack type for black and had material and force element, although for Sorluska it was only material attack though. The second one would be flanking, which allow us to had the attack targeting either supporter or attacker here, bypassing defender. The third one would be deathblow, which the best attack type for super hard mode, if only because all attack in percentage number. By the way, even though one of Zetsu attack was in percentage, since it was had value for both of material and force, it was categorized as balance attack.

Red - There's enchant and stun as attack type here. Enchant here would be any default attack type for red, while stun had side effect reducing enemy IP. Enchant attack cost 2 combat mana while stun attack only cost 1 combat mana with exception of red crystal in which case they need 1 combat mana for enchant and 2 combat mana for stun.

Blue - There's high attack and extra attack as attack type here. High attack was mostly cost 1 combat mana to executed (Except one of Ruputna high attack which cost 2 combat mana) and only had material element, while extra attack had 2 or more combat mana cost to executed and had additional force element. Oh, and by the way if there's some attack that had exception from the rule, it was also called extra attack.

Green - The attack type here was strike and penetration. Strike attack here was default attack for green character and cost 2 combat mana, while penetration attack had side effect bypass protection skill (In theory, protection green defense skill would be useless, because green had penetration effect) and reverse defense skill.

Although my explanation above should be basic to attacking skill type, there were some exception though. One exception here would be Euphy high attack skill had force element, Nozomu 2 event attack had penetration side effect (Usually only available to green character), Nozomi event attack that had value in percentage for both material and force (Another attack type that had this would be black character, Zetsu), and Katima event attack that had side effect increasing combat mana (Which only available usually to blue defense skill). Those exception attack skill was called extra attack for the character was not blue (Nozomu, Nozomi, and Katima).

That's all for my understanding in regard of attack type. Hope it'll be help, and if not at least it's quite interesting to understand some of the unexplained mechanic here.

1 hour ago, wyldstrykr said:

guys question:

did you have the seinarukana cg commentary provided by jast?

if so ive noticed that some of the cg from the file is missing from the game. ive surely sure that ive 100% the cg so am i missing something?

Are you missing Thalia and Jatzieta's CG/H-scenes by any chance? You have to view their events in-game and their H-scenes show up in the Extras (although it doesn't actually happen in the game). Also, cumming inside and outside have separate cg commentary, LOL.... :wahaha: 

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I think for CeruleanGamer tips in regard of collecting skill was more pointed toward the completionist one. And to collect all skill you must play it 18 times because there's also unique heroine skill that was only obtainable on heroine route. Yes 18 times, which more than enough to give burnout. Some skill also spread between enemy drop and rank prize, and from Japanese guide that I read it's quite hard to got all skill available for other characters (I mean no heroine's route skill), because there were 14 characters and there's some relic that was available that's available less than 14 iirc (I need to check the guide again later). Keep in mind about this fact if you interested to collecting the skill, although as Sanathtlig said it's not necessary though.

Oh that was pretty much what I meant. I beaten the game a couple times on Japanese version before, so I was merely redoing to routes to see them in English and collect the skills. Narukana's route exclusive moves were so OP that it made grinding for other girl's skills in Eternal difficulty so much easier, because I just had her lead the way and massacre everything in the way. She just 1-2 shots most things with Primordial One and Reincarnation wipes out most attackers/supporters in 1 hit if a Red minion doesn't have a Force type all guard. Also note, this also gives Nozomu Immortal Will III, Dispellance Sphere III, and Aura Photon Rage III. Although I believe you can also get those in Satsuki's Route. 

In terms of route order, doing Nozomi and Satsuki first seems more logical since their heroine skills are still good even at lower difficulties. The rest need theirs at Hard or Eternal, otherwise they aren't that useful when doing subsequent playthroughs.

7 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Are you missing Thalia and Jatzieta's CG/H-scenes by any chance? You have to view their events in-game and their H-scenes show up in the Extras (although it doesn't actually happen in the game). Also, cumming inside and outside have separate cg commentary, LOL.... :wahaha: 

wait? inside and outside have separate cg commentary, i didnt see that in the file.......

im not missing the extra scenes

13600208_1375085262505239_31845609437024

this is what one of the cg that didnt appear in the cg gallery (theres more of it but im too lazy to search them all)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll beat it some day. I think I stopped playing on the Sci-Fi esque world with the robots.  I just got bored of the combat system over the first game and the main character wasn't as interesting as the first games. On the plus side, the girls were cute and kinda interesting.

It sucks that it turned out the way it did, but I really enjoyed the first one...I just found the world, characters, atmosphere and everything better. Combat wasn't bad,  not great, but acceptable. In this one, it's so tedious - they increased the amount of combat by 10x to inflate game length, overall LESS story content.  They also made animations for combat much simpler and less unique dialogue during combat.  Or no unique dialogue in combat at all, actually.

Good review there. And you may already know this, but you could use blue support skill to cancel the pesky healing at hard mode, as long as you checked the skill level of healing skill and the blue skill was sufficiently leveled there ie if enemy using LV 10 Healing Skill then hopefully the blue skill could cancelled any LV 10 Support Skill. Oh, and I think in regard of advantage there's another one (Green attack skill had advantage against white defense skill, because green had penetration skill that could bypass protection skill that white had). I think that's all I could remember now. And if you feel the gameplay was not as refined as Yumina, maybe this is actually the prototype of Yumina itself.

For the story, well maybe Xuse want to kind of copying Muv Luv Takeru in regard of Nozomu there (At the indecisiveness of course). Other than that, I think there's nothing I could elaborate there in regard of the story here (Except Xuse write Ruputna backstory at her unique skill description). I think that's all I could write for now.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Good review there. And you may already know this, but you could use blue support skill to cancel the pesky healing at hard mode, as long as you checked the skill level of healing skill and the blue skill was sufficiently leveled there ie if enemy using LV 10 Healing Skill then hopefully the blue skill could cancelled any LV 10 Support Skill. Oh, and I think in regard of advantage there's another one (Green attack skill had advantage against white defense skill, because green had penetration skill that could bypass protection skill that white had). I think that's all I could remember now. And if you feel the gameplay was not as refined as Yumina, maybe this is actually the prototype of Yumina itself.

For the story, well maybe Xuse want to kind of copying Muv Luv Takeru in regard of Nozomu there (At the indecisiveness of course). Other than that, I think there's nothing I could elaborate there in regard of the story here (Except Xuse write Ruputna backstory at her unique skill description). I think that's all I could write for now.

Haven't played MuvLuv yet, so I can't commment about that.

Yes, heals can be banished, but keeping a blue spirit in the support slot means you lose half your DPS.  Not to mention one of the more effective setups is black, white/green, red.  Double green spirit groups are a pain pretty much regardless of your composition in Hard Mode.

Green spirits are pretty useless as attackers.  If I want to bust through elemental protection, I'll just use a different element.

I preferred Seinarukana's gameplay to Yumina's.  Yumina's really dragged because constant skill switching was required for every battle.  The constant skill switching between battles in Seinarukana Hard Mode was actually what dragged the experience down.  Not to mention the dungeon crawling through randomly generated levels in Yumina was the ultimate in tedium.

10 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Eh? Takeru is an immature, hilarious little funny man. He grows as the story progresses however. Nozumu, at least up into the 15-20 hours I played, stayed the same as Minute 1, despite the incredible circumstances he found himself in.

Yumina's dungeon crawl was pretty boring, I'll admit, and it's combat system  wasn't great, I'd say it's below the Aselia, but above this ones.  I'm surprised you mentioned skills wapping, I needed to do that many times a fight and I'm playing on Normal. Else I'll get wiped, and I'm maxed out level wise for each fight.

4 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Yumina's dungeon crawl was pretty boring, I'll admit, and it's combat system  wasn't great, I'd say it's below the Aselia, but above this ones.  I'm surprised you mentioned skill swapping, I needed to do that many times a fight and I'm playing on Normal. Else I'll get wiped, and I'm maxed out level wise for each fight.

There's a few default formations that can handle pretty much every situation in Normal Mode.  Once Naya learns Flame Shower (end of Ch. 4, I think, if you get SS rank) battles go quickly.  Inspire + high physical damage skills are also extremely effectively at taking down enemies quickly.  Hard Mode requires extreme skill micromanagement to avoid depleting skills, while in Normal Mode you can pretty much spam high-power attacks most of the time.

Hello, lurker here ! So I'm trying to get the OST (listed here http://vgmdb.net/search?q=seinarukana ) but had no luck so far, ddl links on anime sharing are dead and there are no seeders on torrents... So if anyone has a link or a way to extract the audio (but I don't actually know which are bgm files) I'll gladly take it!

Also the game is quite good, found it more entertaining than Eien no Aselia, and it kept my attention just like Rance games or Eiyuu Senki, unlike Yumina or Eushully games... (also I'm quite surprised at the number of eroge OST I got that exceeds OST from normal games... magic of ero)

3 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

There's a few default formations that can handle pretty much every situation in Normal Mode.  Once Naya learns Flame Shower (end of Ch. 4, I think, if you get SS rank) battles go quickly.  Inspire + high physical damage skills are also extremely effectively at taking down enemies quickly.  Hard Mode requires extreme skill micromanagement to avoid depleting skills, while in Normal Mode you can pretty much spam high-power attacks most of the time.

I think skill micromanagement in Seinarukana is so much easier at higher levels especially in Eternal difficulty just because the Combat Mana Up skills like Mana Link (especially the III version you get in Eternal difficulty) are much more potent, granting you a lot more mana that can last for several turns and Nozomu's Celestial Ally III has Mana Charge property which allows you to spam 3-4 Mana moves every turn because you now have improved mana regen per turn.

19 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I think skill micromanagement in Seinarukana is so much easier at higher levels especially in Eternal difficulty just because the Combat Mana Up skills like Mana Link (The III version gives a shitload of mana) are much more potent, granting you a lot more mana that can last for several turns and Nozomu's Celestial Ally III has Mana Charge property which allows you to spam 3-4 Mana moves every turn because you now have improved mana regen per turn.

If you want to minimize the time spent sitting around in towns waiting for skill usages to recover, you have to switch skills constantly.  Recovering a skill that has been fully depleted takes somewhere around 100-200 IP.  As such, waiting for a full recovery is something you generally want to avoid.