So, Seinarukana was just released, extra fully. (Steam version now available)

Decay

28 minutes ago, Dailyplayer said:

Can anybody tell me some hint to kill the friggin old man Drav chapet 2...

Thx

Nozoumu's Cross Divider is your best friend for this fight. Hopefully, you've learned it. Keep his lightning support skills canceled by having a character with Energy Leak in the support role at all times. Keep Nozoumi in the defender slot with her highest material block - she'll take a beating, but Drav should break first.

Of course, make sure you're keeping your characters as leveled as your mana supply allows, and fully exploring and capturing bases to grant your characters more skills and mana.

Suggested route order is Nozomi or Satsuki, and then Narukana (which would probably be considered the True Route).

A comment on the translation

Edit 7/13/16: I updated the content that used to be here and posted it on my blog.

Seinarukana%2BTL%2Bfeature.jpg

Translation errors in English releases often go undetected. Join me as I plunge down the rabbit hole to see how such errors affect the experience.

Seinarukana: A compilation of translation errors in the official English release

What are people having trouble with?  I'm easily clearing the Ch. 2 missions with SS rank.  Make sure you capture every town or you'll miss out on skills, and that could bite you later.  To do this in a timely manner you'll need to split your forces.  To split your forces and fight effectively you'll have to design balanced teams that can handle a wide variety of foes, then use the right skills to counter enemy formations.  Aim to keep your forces at the same level as the regular enemies you're fighting.  This'll require building some mana converters.  Build a Sands of Time ASAP on each world you visit, as that'll help you clear missions faster and thus improve your rank (which gives you access to the best skills).

8 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

What are people having trouble with?  I'm easily clearing the Ch. 2 missions with SS rank.  Make sure you capture every town or you'll miss out on skills, and that could bite you later.  To do this in a timely manner you'll need to split your forces.  To split your forces and fight effectively you'll have to design balanced teams that can handle a wide variety of foes, then use the right skills to counter enemy formations.  Aim to keep your forces at the same level as the regular enemies you're fighting.  This'll require building some mana converters.  Build a Sands of Time ASAP on each world you visit, as that'll help you clear missions faster and thus improve your rank (which gives you access to the best skills).

I'm just struggling with the second Berbalzerd encounter, where instead of 20 or whatever the first was, it's 10 turns per battle. Basically made what I did to beat him before impossible because of the fact that he heals with every turn.

My Berb strat was to hit him with Katima's Northern Sword (force damage) and swap to Nozomu's Cross Divider (material damage). Keep alternating, and keep a blue skill in the support role to cancel gravitron. You won't get any heals this way, but you should be able to end the fight before Katima goes down. Later, Nozomu should be able to take him alone by alternating Overdrive and Dual Edge 2 for an easy win.

Hello Seinarukana players,

Was struggling with an issue, thought I would put it in front of the community actively engaging the game. I just started off the campaign and my first objective is to liberate Azuleir[RIP btw]. I took the help of a Japanese guide so I could find out the rank requirements. Apparently for SS rank I was supposed to clear the run under 474 and I ended up clearing it at 457. Yet instead of SS I got an S rank only. Is the guide mistaken or am I mistaken and you can't get SS on the first play through? Not sure if it is even possible to clear the first campaign any better than that since you only get Satsuki as interrupter and the other group really gets stuck on the other side with a red spirit in the enemy squad ready to rip that team apart if I push them forward.

Any clues would be appreciated. :)

Regards,

LonerPrime

I got an SS on the first mission without consulting a guide.  I simply pushed as fast as possible.  I didn't even level my troops because I had no mana to spare.  I used the default unit composition.  I sent the primary unit (all main characters) to the right and the secondary unit to the left.  I used that secondary unit to build two mana converters while the primary unit advanced forward without stopping, killing all units in 1 turn.

Here's the English version rank requirements (without spoilers) for every mission, compiled by Doddler.  Be warned that they're changed from the JP version.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7f5-_SLRIP9VFz4p5NKguAEHn1ilSaGheALYqG1i2A/edit#gid=0

The game is all about optimization: identifying bottlenecks and pushing hardest there, while using remaining forces to build facilities and level troops without slowing the main push.  The strategy is almost algorithmic--very simple if you know what to look for.  If you stray from the optimum algorithm by more than 1-2 turns you'll likely miss the SS rank.

26 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I got an SS on the first mission without consulting a guide.  I simply pushed as fast as possible.  I didn't even level my troops because I had no mana to spare.  I used the default unit composition.  I sent the primary unit (all main characters) to the right and the secondary unit to the left.  I used that secondary unit to build two mana converters while the primary unit advanced forward without stopping, killing all units in 1 turn.

Do note that I killed all enemy units and captured all towns.  The JP guide also says that if you take too much damage that can lower the IP threshold for rank.

The game is all about optimization: identifying bottlenecks and pushing hardest there, while using remaining forces to build facilities and level troops without slowing the main push.  The strategy is almost algorithmic--very simple if you know what to look for.  If you stray from the optimum algorithm by more than 1-2 turns you'll likely miss the SS rank.

Thank you for that input sanahtlig. A lot of helpful tips right there that I am sure will come handy during my adventure. Unfortunately, I think, my issue predates your suggestions. I did exactly how you did. Sent the squad of protagonist and the first 2 main heroines to the right and sent Katima and the 2 crystal maiden squad to the left. Captured two towns simultaneously, easy peasy. It is what comes after that became a confusing headache. First I am not sure how you made the mana converters. For me all I could do was reinforce Nozumu or Nozomi with the help of Satsuki. Couldn't do any such thing with my second squad though. Also couldn't make any improvements on the liberated cities either. I am not sure how you pulled that off but I sure couldn't find the option of selecting any city improvements.

On my first play-through I managed to get to the last enemy squad on 457th IP but as you mentioned, and I read on another site, killing all units was part of the key. I left one unit alive during my first run since my second squad didn't had an interrupters. S rank there.

Then on my second playthrough I did a "leeroy jenkins" with my second squad. Ended up getting both crystal maidens killed but took down the squad with Katima alone. 457th IP but still no cigar. Only S rank. So getting your squad members killed also cuts into your IP. Also tried leveling up Nozomu and Nozomi but didn't make much of a difference on the damage output and it only added more to the IP.

Finally on my last play-through I shuffled my second squad members around to share the damage and came out barely with all 3 of them alive. That is when I hit the SS rank. Phew :S

That was one heck of a hidden tutorial on how to get SS rank. Word to the casual players, steer clear of the SS objective. Might not be worth it for a lot of you. And if you are an obsessed perfectionist[*stares in the mirror*] get ready to love the Ctrl button... a lot.

You stumbled on the rank conditions laid out in Doddler's spreadsheet that I edited into that post.  But yeah, spreading damage is how I got past that fight with the secondary team.  Get used to it, as HP and skills recover at a set rate for each character while stationed in a town.  Recovery rate will be slow if you don't constantly switch around roles and skills.  Right now you only have to fight 2-3 enemy units before resting, but that'll increase as the game progresses.

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

You stumbled on the rank conditions laid out in Doddler's spreadsheet that I edited into that post.  But yeah, spreading damage is how I got past that fight with the secondary team.  Get used to it, as HP and skills recover at a set rate for each character while stationed in a town.  Recovery rate will be slow if you don't constantly switch around roles and skills.  Right now you only have to fight 2-3 enemy units before resting, but that'll increase as the game progresses.

:S...

Oh well, I always wanted to know if I was a masochist or a sadist. Guess I'll find out after I am done playing all 3 difficulty modes of this VN. Thank you for that spreadsheet btw. Much appreciate that instead of the google translation I got off the JP guide.

question:

1. How long does the encounter buff last? (inspire, fashion, concentration, etc)

2. Does buff of the same skill stack with each other (gaia bless, wind wisper, some attacks) or they only refreshes the duration?

3. Does the voice of nozomi is the same as the voices of ekate of bunny black or kazuko of majikoi?

@wyldstrykr

I just trying to play it for a while, so I didn't know the answer for the question 2. Anyway, I'll answer the question that I knew the answer

1. Since from my play-through I knew that Inspire last for the whole combat (In theory as long as you using Nozomi as defender and the enemy only had physical attack, the defense debuff from Inspire should be no concern), I would like to said that fashion and concentration was also last for the whole combat possible (Although I'll need to check in the future for those 2 though).

3. Yes, because the seiyuu for those 3 (Nozomi from this game, Ekate from Bunny Black, Kazuko from Majikoi) was the same person, Aoyama Yukari (Real name Akane Tomonaga). She also voiced Kazuki in case you remember her from Grisaia.

Hope my answer could help you here.

4 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

2. Does buff of the same skill stack with each other (gaia bless, wind wisper, some attacks) or they only refreshes the duration?

Don't know for sure, but you can find out yourself.  Inspire's buff modifies the stat percentages in the character status page, so all the other buffs should too.  Let us know what you find.

another question thanks littleshogun

4. Is there any way to skip the battles by pressing the button? (like when you press L on eien no aselia on battle, the battle will end) The settings let only skip the battel or see the battle to the end.

5. How to access the southwest part of the map in chapter 2? the other pyramid?

13087863_1325361927477573_81964964861525

5 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

another question thanks littleshogun

4. Is there any way to skip the battles by pressing the button? (like when you press L on eien no aselia on battle, the battle will end) The settings let only skip the battel or see the battle to the end.

Use the fast-forward key.  It's the Ctrl-button by default.  You can also change the settings in the config menu to skip animations or only show the outcome.