Sekai Project April Q&A Livestream highlights

Decay

Looks like Tenshin Ranman 18+ won't happen anytime soon, dovac said later that they first have to release Steam version, then they will think about 18+ release, kinda sad... 

Another kinda bad news is that Chrono Clock/Tenshin Ranman are at quite early stage of translation 10-20% both.

Anyway main thing to take from this stream, and the message they're directing at visual novel fans is: "POST ON OUR FORUM THAT YOU WANT 18+/UNCENSORED VERSION, GET XX/XXX OTHER USERS POSTING THAT THEY WANT IT TOO, SO WE CAN SHOW IT TO DEVELOPERS THAT THERE'S DEMAND FOR IT" This probably will work better when the game will be released on steam, and someone on Steam forum create topic asking for 18+, but yeah... The downside is that we won't get simultaneous releases of 18+ version and Steam one, and sales of 18+ version are doomed to be way way worse. It all depends on the devs... I think we need to bash at Frontwing/AKs2 doors more.

We also get to know that one of points why SP and Denpa are separate, and SP don't want to release kinky stuff, and leave it to Denpa is because of media coverage. 

Ah, so that's why, was wondering about why they weren't being tracked. I don't think they mentioned WagaHigh aside from the 18+ content question, but I do remember reading at one point they were going for a simultaneous release for the English version and the Japanese version, but since they didn't mention that here, I would say it's safe to say that is not happening. It seems like WagaHigh and Tenshin Ranman haven't gotten any new info updates (until now) since they were announced, so it is good to know they aren't letting any of these VNs just sit around without working on them, even if they are keeping us out of the loop in regard to progress.

14 hours ago, Decay said:

Well, more accurately, it's the only title of theirs that has an 18+ version in Japan but hasn't gotten one in the west. They tried, but AkabeiSoft2 shut them down.

Does anyone really need that?

Chrono Clock: Only about 10% done. They didn't have the engine code and had to do extensive assembly hacking to get it to work right in English.

Lol. Assembly hacks in official release, that's just great.

Let me tried to comment on some content here.

1. Maitetsu, good luck I supposed. Although I'd read somewhere (Either in VNDB or Fuwanovel) that sex content in Maitetsu was like only unlockable at the end like eden Mosaic Plus, so I think if Sekai want to operate Denpasoft well they could sell Maitetsu uncensored there I think.

2. Kokonoe Kokore, okay anyone here wishing that their little sister was a bat and the childhood friend was grasshopper? If so I think it's actually very sad news for them (Not to me though). For Indonesian user here, just take a look at Jurnal Otaku Indonesia article here and if some of non Indonesian see the link, just look at the picture and judge by yourself if the picture was good or not for you as deciding factor to buying this VN (Even if I could buy, I'll definitely not buy this).

3. FF8, I'd remember that it had quite addictive card game with complicated rule that you should not spreading random rule and it's quite Guide Dang It, the summon was functioning as the equip that determined character strength, and it had some kind of divisive love story (Well, FF8 itself was quite divisive). I think I had fun playing this game, although if some of you who read this interested to play this game my advice would be don't depend on summon too much and try some junctioning (Or just follow a guide from Gamefaqs).

4. I think if that's the reason Dovac was so irritated back at VNDB forum, I understand (Well, he need to deal with consumer and the producer who wish opposite) although his attitude there definitely didn't help the case at all. As for the reason, I think AKB2 was trying to avoid controversy like Rapelay (Okay, let's stop it here and just google it if you want to know more) or maybe just want to try Steam since Steam requirement was no explicit sex content.

11. About Root Double, well hopefully they could clear complicated matter soon, but if Regista/Yeti still had some doubt let's just said that I'm still willing wait for another 41 days until May end. After all, I think this is the only thing that worth to look forward from Sekai at this time.

As for the rest it's quite complicated although interesting trivia, like Sekai won't adapt Frontwing decision or they'll try to learn of how to enter AO title to Steam by using Gahktun as example. I think that's all for my comment here now.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

2. Kokonoe Kokore, okay anyone here wishing that their little sister was a bat and the childhood friend was grasshopper? If so I think it's actually very sad news for them (Not to me though). For Indonesian user here, just take a look at Jurnal Otaku Indonesia article here and if some of non Indonesian see the link, just look at the picture and judge by yourself if the picture was good or not for you as deciding factor to buying this VN (Even if I could buy, I'll definitely not buy this).

Such a shame, because this looks amazing:

Spoiler

BYyyExXCYAA84AO.jpg

8 hours ago, Kaykeiokay said:

Putting that aside, SP really needs to focus on releasing what they already have announced. It seems like they're spreading their already small staff paper thin with all of these active projects, making progress slow down to a snails pace. Give me results Sekai, not empty promises.

True, but they seem to have their business model focused on taking on a tremendous amount of projects at a time. If you only include the titles which Sekai Project are translating/localizing, then they have approximately 30 currently in their queue. A few of these titles have not been finished by the developers yet.

I personally wish they could/would show every project in their tracker but at least they're revealing any information at all. 

1 hour ago, Erogamer said:

Just from looking at Wagama Spec, having an all ages release does not make sense. I mean even the anime has a lot of innuendo in it.

Maybe the game will only include fanservice? I mean there is games with lots of fanservice but that doesn't mean they have to be 18+. I hope the visual novel is better than the 2 minutes anime, seriously who thought it was a good idea to produce an anime of 2 minutes long not counting the opening/ending. :jinpou:

Just now, Dark_blade64 said:

I hope the visual novel is better than the 2 minutes anime, seriously who thought it was a good idea to produce an anime of 2 minutes long not counting the opening/ending. :jinpou:

Making a "full-length" anime is expensive. 2 minute episodes are a good way to gain more exposure and promote the VN.

Just now, Kiriririri said:

Making a "full-length" anime is expensive. 2 minute episodes are a good way to gain more exposure and promote the VN.

Wonder if that really helps boosting their sales. I would believe more people would start thinking the producers are being lazy, but okay? They didn't really show-off too much with that tiny anime though. Hard to tell if it is any good considering how short it was. :mellow:

Hopefully dovac realizes that visual novel fans are not going to pay for a game twice and those who want an 18+ version are not going to support an all ages version.  Hopefully they release them simultaneously so they can accurately see the difference in sales. By releasing an all ages version and then an adult version months later it would not be giving them accurate information. Even people that originally had an interest will likely just find other things to buy if they wait too long in between the all age and 18+ release. At least they're talking in a better direction hopefully at the next convention they actually discuss 18+ titles and hopefully this isn't just talking out the ass for PR. The saying goes actions speak louder than words...let's wait and see.

As for wagamama anime it sucks. So hopefully they don't try to appeal to the western market in the hopes the anime actually does well. They'd be better off targeting 18+ simply because the amount of people watching and actually giving a damn for wagamama is minute compared to almost any other anime this season. It doesn't help that most anime fans do not give a shit about shorts. 

1 hour ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Maybe the game will only include fanservice? I mean there is games with lots of fanservice but that doesn't mean they have to be 18+. I hope the visual novel is better than the 2 minutes anime, seriously who thought it was a good idea to produce an anime of 2 minutes long not counting the opening/ending. :jinpou:

There is already an 18+ version in production supposedly. https://vndb.org/v17823

By the way, post on SP forums for games you want to see an 18+ release for. https://forums.sekaiproject.com/forum/general-discussions

3 minutes ago, kyrt said:

As for wagamama anime it sucks. So hopefully they don't try to appeal to the western market in the hopes the anime actually does well. They'd be better off targeting 18+ simply because the amount of people watching and actually giving a damn for wagamama is minute compared to almost any other anime this season. It doesn't help that most anime fans do not give a shit about shorts. 

The same people who think the anime sucks won't like the VN either so... 

And I can say 99% sure that they are not aiming for western market.

Hm... The statement of Sekai Project about 18+ version is rightly. I really want to believe them. Because I understand that all those "conversations" for allowing uncensored 18+ for Western market is complicated. 

But... Why the Mangagamer goes so well with it? They always release uncensored 18+ releases and... and nothing happens. It's all OK, players feel great, publishers feel great, pure happiness etc.

But the Sekai has... really deeper issues. Against the background of Mangagamer it seems really strange.

Maybe, they don't want spoil his clean reputation? Something like a "company who releases all-ages good titles". 

Really, if someone can explain me, what the hell is going on, it would be great. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Veshurik said:

Hm... The statement of Sekai Project about 18+ version is rightly. I really want to believe them. Because I understand that all those "conversations" for allowing uncensored 18+ for Western market is complicated. 

But... Why the Mangagamer goes so well with it? They always release uncensored 18+ releases and... and nothing happens. It's all OK, players feel great, publishers feel great, pure happiness etc.

But the Sekai has... really deeper issues. Against the background of Mangagamer it seems really strange.

Maybe, they don't want spoil his clean reputation? Something like a "company who releases all-ages good titles". 

Really, if someone can explain me, what the hell is going on, it would be great. Thank you.

They seem to be trying to kill that perception with Maitetsu, if they're actually going to go ahead and release an uncut 18+ version.  What better way to get rid of the negative perception of "SP hates h and won't give us any" than by providing an uncut English TL of a lolige?  This is assuming that they are going to go ahead and release the 18+ version of it, though, like they've been hinting.  If what they're saying about Akabei is also true, then they really don't hate h that much, it's just that their silence on why there was no 18+ version of G-senjou up until now didn't really help that suspicion.

I really hope they continue to be relatively vocal on matters like this, all it does when they keep quiet is ruin their image with traditional fans of VNs and irritate people that actually want information.  I get that there's a fine line between being open and pissing off the partners you're working with by sharing too much, but I don't believe that it's impossible to provide something other than, "Maybe.  Wait and see," or "Wait for more info".

4 hours ago, Erogamer said:

There is already an 18+ version in production supposedly. https://vndb.org/v17823

By the way, post on SP forums for games you want to see an 18+ release for. https://forums.sekaiproject.com/forum/general-discussions

I don't support adult titles. But anyway thanks for the information. ^_^