Corpse Party Steam page up

InvertMouse

I just bought it a few seconds ago. Regardless of having played the PSP version, I look forward to playing this version (The original soundtrack is far superior to the remixes used in the PSP version) . If anyone is interested I'll gladly jot down more specific version differences. That is a mission I am more than willing to bare.

It might take me a little while though, since I only play when it's pitch black, I'm just crazy like that.

I read in the GOG forums (it's released on GOG too) that the PC-version has more content than the other versions (additional scenes and endings which were removed in the console/handheld versions), I don't know if it's true though since I haven't played the PC version yet.

Found another source of information about it: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/142874655105/corpse-party-pc-3ds-victims-memoirs-1

"- PC: Completely different Japanese voice track with different nuances, one notably exclusive Extra Chapter, additional scenes and endings, original indie art, fast-forward feature, swanky text boxes."

"

PC

Number of Extra Chapters: 4. One exclusive to this version of the game (but it’s a doozy!).

Main benefits of playing this version: Completely different Japanese voice track with different nuances, to such an extent that much of the game’s dialogue was re-edited to account for subtle shifts in mood and tone. The “Tooth” chapter from Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, fully recreated here in classic 2D adventure style; easily the biggest and most involved Extra Chapter in any Corpse Party game to date, thoroughly expanding upon its Book of Shadows counterpart and providing lots of new content both in terms of story and gameplay alike. The presence of a genuinely fast fast-forward feature, making ending collection a breeze. And last but not least… those beautiful, beautiful text boxes! Seriously, those have to be the swankiest, most mesmerizing text boxes I’ve ever seen. Observe in our trailer:

"

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

What kind of game is Corpse Party? Why should I buy it? I started to watch a gameplay for the second part, but it fairly bored me.

It's a horror VN with some exploration gameplay. Much of the appeal of the games is discovering the many ways the characters can die (and there are quite a few.) as well as solve the mystery of the school. Although by now, I'm sure everyone already knows that

Spoiler

Adachi is the killer.

I kid, I kid. But I'm sure most people who've heard of the game know what happens, especially near the end of the 4th chapter.

So if exploration and body horror ain't your thing, you can skip this game if you want. But, personally, I feel you'd be doing yourself a disservice.