Corpse Party Steam page up

InvertMouse

4 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Why they redraw the sprites? They're similiar to originals, but 'better is an enemy of good'. And this change backfired, they're definitelly don't looking better than originals.
Those are the same characters at the screen above, but in original version:
18244.jpg
18226.jpg

The Original sprites are the ones from the screenshot, the PSP ones are the redrawn ones. While PC version is being released later than the PSP games, it's the PC game that came out first.

Why?

Oh why did they have to go with these sprites?

God fucking shit.

Well, I better stop acting like I won't be playing the game.

Of course, I'll be as it was one of my first experiences in this medium, and in horror games in general

See ya at the party...

Hope you get out alive...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! My hype for this can't be stopped! Sorry other priorities you're going to have to disappear for a little while when this drops. :holo:

I want to see how the original indie voice actors compare to the all-star PSP cast. (I'm really going to miss the stereophonic sound, though.)

Apparently the final chapter of the original is completely different than the PSP version and actually came out after that version; since the original was released episodically. (I say original, but the OG was a short RPG maker game made in 1996) Ahhhhhh I just love this universe so much!

Ain't no party quite like a Corpse Party!

50 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Why?

Oh why did they have to go with these sprites?

Because 5pb owns the resources of the PSP games and I don't think XSEED would be willing to pay the licensing fees for the art when the original doujin art is available for the PC edition.

It's really weird they would publish the original version which has inferior everything, especially the voice acting (no offense to the freelancers who worked on it but it's just outdated now) while simultaneously publishing a port of the PSP version onto the 3DS.

I guess it could have been legal issues but damn i'm quite disheartened by this.

And the thing is, I actually think it's cool to have a chance to experience the original, but it would definitely be nice to have a PSP port for the improved experience.

Nonetheless, of course I'll try this so I can get a taste of what te original storyline was like, even though I already played the PSP version.

9 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Why they redraw the sprites? They're similiar to originals, but 'better is an enemy of good'. And this change backfired, they're definitelly don't looking better than originals.
Those are the same characters at the screen above, but in original version:
18244.jpg
18226.jpg

I was gonna say the same thing, why fix what was not broken in the first place, just saw the comment about them not owning the resources of the original ones but good gods they could've gone with something more similar 

1 hour ago, DarkZedge said:

I was gonna say the same thing, why fix what was not broken in the first place, just saw the comment about them not owning the resources of the original ones but good gods they could've gone with something more similar 

Uh... these ARE the original 2009 sprites from the first game, you can see them here: http://www.gris2.com/cps_limited.htm

The redrawn ones are the PSP ones.

What XSEED did is publish THE ORIGINAL version of the game in English, which is different from the PSP version in both the story and the artstyle.

3ds actually is not same as PSP version, it have also further improved game gfx and probably more.

And actually yes, original and PSP remake are like separate timelines, plot is somewhat similar, but not much, Sort of like Killer Queen resembles Secret Game.

7 minutes ago, Scorp said:

3ds actually is not same as PSP version, it have also further improved game gfx and probably more.

From what gameplay i've seen the artstyle is identical to the psp version and so is the interface on the upper screen (obviously there's some difference due to the 2 screens).

Not sure how much they could improve given that the 3ds isn't a particularly powerful console. It's more like a port of the psp version.

6 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

It's really weird they would publish the original version which has inferior everything, especially the voice acting (no offense to the freelancers who worked on it but it's just outdated now) while simultaneously publishing a port of the PSP version onto the 3DS.

I guess it could have been legal issues but damn i'm quite disheartened by this.

And the thing is, I actually think it's cool to have a chance to experience the original, but it would definitely be nice to have a PSP port for the improved experience.

Nonetheless, of course I'll try this so I can get a taste of what te original storyline was like, even though I already played the PSP version.

Hearing the voices in that particular infamous scene in corpse party with the headphones on was epic! So damn creepy! :michiru:

Spoiler

That scene with Sachiko cutting the kids tongues and mutilating the other kid head with the scissor was something I wasn't expecting happen. Ewww!

The PC version is a localization of the 2009 Japanese PC release of the game. However, it does have extra scenes and endings that could not be added in the game at the time. This is NOT  a port of the PSP version onto PC.

The 3DS version however is a port of the PSP version. The graphics are slightly nore polished, but the content of the story is the same. So if you played the PSP version, there's not much reason to get this one.

Out of the 2, I would go with the PC version since that's the original version of the game and it was never released in the West until now so you actually have stuff to discover!

17 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

The PC version is a localization of the 2009 Japanese PC release of the game. However, it does have extra scenes and endings that could not be added in the game at the time. This is NOT  a port of the PSP version onto PC.

The 3DS version however is a port of the PSP version. The graphics are slightly nore polished, but the content of the story is the same. So if you played the PSP version, there's not much reason to get this one.

Out of the 2, I would go with the PC version since that's the original version of the game and it was never released in the West until now so you actually have stuff to discover!

What I meant is about the differences between the PC and 3DS version, and if I should get both to have a full experience or if I could go only with the 3DS one.

I haven't played Corpse Party before, although I've watched the animation and read some things about it. Since it was a PSP game [the translated one, of course], I could not read it at all [even emulating is hard]

Having played the PSP version myself (which is the same as the 3DS one in terms of story) I would say you should be fine if you buy it.

The point I tried making was that the PC version is also worth it.

Considering you didn't play either yet, you can get both, but just the 3DS version will still give you the whole story.

On 4/20/2016 at 1:42 PM, Eclipsed said:

Worst thing about PC version for me is that Ayumi's hair is  greyish-brown instead of greyish-blue >:c

It never bothered you that her exploration sprite also had greyish-brown hair too?

3 hours ago, Silvz said:

You guys saying both versions are different - how different? Is it worth to pay for both the PC and 3DS version, or should I just play the 3DS one, since it is a kind of remake? What really was changed?

There's a difference in scripts between 3DS/PSP version and the PC version. The 3DS version has all the Extra Chapters from the PSP version as well as a few new ones. The PC version only has 4 Extra Chapters, one of which is a treading of the Book of Shadows chapter "Tooth" in the BC/BD exploration style.

I played all the english Corpse Party games on the Vita, then I found out that apparently it was being released again on steam with some updated stuff (I forgot what exactly, I think it was sprites and another chapter with some extra endings). What's more this is the original PC one, so it has the oldie character designs. I don't particularly mind since I usually prefer the original over a remake but is this worth playing through? I beat CP BC about a year ago so I've mostly forgotten all the choices and what happens so it'd be a fresh experience.

7 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I ask too much and answer too [less] but

Do you guys know if, with the release of the first games on different consoles, the company has plans on releasing the other games?

They've already released the remaining games on the respective consoles (Book of Shadows on PSP and Blood Drive on PS Vita). It seems they only localize the games and don't port stuff so unless Japan makes a port you probably won't see these games in a different console.

Just now, Nosebleed said:

They've already released the remaining games on the respective consoles (Book of Shadows on PSP and Blood Drive on PS Vita). It seems they only localize the games and don't port stuff so unless Japan makes a port you probably won't see the game in a different console.

Yeah, I meant like having the other games on 3DS/PC too. I really hope you're wrong, since it would be great to have them on my 3DS [since I don't own a Vita anyway]