Dangan Ronpa 2 Discussion

littleshogun

danganronpa2-box-636x321.jpg

As we knew at April 18th Dangan Ronpa 2 was finally released on Steam, and we obviously should knew that this game was the sequel for Dangan Ronpa. For Dangan Ronpa, my first impression would be the game looks like a bit over the top with Ultimate student thing, but guess it's quite acceptable if the setting was also over the top here. The premise was actually a bit questionable with the students must kill each another to get out from the school that trapped them. The principal (Monokuma) was the one who trapped the students and establishing the strict rule. My attention was obviously to the seiyuu here though. In fact, even though Dangan Ronpa was only partially voiced (Maybe to save some memory and cost), the seiyuu was definitely not an amateur. In fact back in Dangan Ronpa 1, we got name like Megumi Ogata, Hisaka Youko, Sawashiro Miyuki, and many more. And more famous seiyuu had voicing the characters in Dangan Ronpa 2 by the way. I'll give the list to MAL link for each seiyuu later.

For the premise here, actually it was sort of different for the beginning since the students was brought to tropical island by a rabbit called Monomi. She said that she bring them to field trip. And sometimes later Monokuma decided to join for fun and establishing a strict rule on the island. The rule was the same as back in Dangan Ronpa 1. Oh, actually Monokuma and Monomi was sort of artificial doll who could talk there. And from the moment Monokuma announce the strict rule, the vacation on tropical island was turned into slightly dangerous area, since with that rule some students obviously could be tempted to do the bad thing, killing his/her friend (Actually same thing also happened back in first game).

Actually, this series had some sort of gameplay called class trial, which remind us of Phoenix Wright. And the reason for establishment was to find out the murder culprit each time murder occurred. Oh, I forgot to explain that if the murder occurred and the killer was unknown in the court, Monokuma will made the killer got Karma Houdini trope (Just google it since I kind of dislike the trope) and killed the rest of the student. While if the killer was found, he/she will be executed (And to be honest from the execution scene I saw on Youtube, the scene was so over the top that made me giggled instead of fear (Although the death was obviously horrifying)). And since MC in almost all of the mystery story should be not the killer, your job was to find out who's the culprit each time a trial occurred.

I think that's all I could write for, and I'll add seiyuu info for each character later. Oh, and had fun to discuss the game here. And here's my advice, don't get to attached to any character because it could be your favorite character that would be died, either by execution or be killed (But if your favorite character was MC himself, you didn't need to worry and you may get attached to MC himself I supposed).

Just started.
They killed my favourite part of the game, free FPP exploring. :< I don't like new walking system at all. I also prefer interior of big buildings over open fields, but oh well.
Anyway - I'm thrilled about a story, because two persons

Spoiler

Byakuya obviously, and Ultimate Luck guy

are fishy as hell. Also - I probably prefered DG1 cast more. I had a problem of 'too many to choose from to hang out', but in DG2 I just hang out only with that Ultimate Musican girl, rest seems to be not so interesting. ;p But hell, it's just the beginning! ^^

3 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

And here's my advice, don't get to attached to any character because it could be your favorite character that would be died, either by execution or be killed

And here is my advice:
DO GET attached to characters. It makes sudden deaths much more engaging and experience of the game as a whole, much better. ;)

My 'pet' died twice already. That's why I shouldn't have any pet. What's the point in toilet, if this little piece of shit is doing shit all over its' shitty place and then rolling in its' shit and dies? At least flush after yourself little shit! Shit, I hate such shitty useless shits. Does it do anything? Is there any way to somehow play with it?

16 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

My 'pet' died twice already. That's why I shouldn't have any pet. What's the point in toilet, if this little piece of shit is doing shit all over its' shitty place and then rolling in its' shit and dies? At least flush after yourself little shit! Shit, I hate such shitty useless shits. Does it do anything? Is there any way to somehow play with it?

Jeez... You should never become a father. My pet is currently Snakemi.

12 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

DR2's awesome, hope you guys enjoy ^_^ 

Hmm? You sound as if you played/finished it already?

Oh, by the way I forgot to mention one important fact, but Danganronpa series was actually port from PSP version. Although it may already known though.

Anyway, as promised I'll list all of the seiyuu who voicing the character here. But first there was 3 returning seiyuu from Dangan Ronpa, they were Megumi Ogata (Yume from Koichoco, Mirror from Dengeki Stryker), Akira Ishida, and Nobuyo Ooyama. For new seiyuu and the character we had (I'll use format title - name - seiyuu (any role in translated VN)), and if you want more info about seiyuu, just click MAL link and you could see that they were professional seiyuu.

1. MC - Hinata Hajime - Minami Takayama
  2. Ultimate Lucky Student - Komaeda Nagito - Megumi Ogata (Actually same seiyuu as Danganronpa MC, and also same title)
  3. Ultimate Affluent Progeny - Togami Byakuya - Akira Ishida (Returning character from Dangan Ronpa, and I think he was become glutton after Dangan Ronpa event so much he became fatter)
  4. Ultimate Gamer - Nanami Chiaki - HanaKana (Raziel from Tokyo Babel, Kagari from Rewrite, Shiina Mayuri from Steins Gate)
  5. Ultimate Nurse - Tsumiki Mikan - Ai Kayano (Eve from Tokyo Babel)
  6. Ultimate Swordswoman - Pekoyama Peko - Kotono Mitsuishi
  7. Ultimate Cook - Hanamura Teruteru - Jun Fukuyama (Maou from G-Senjou no Maou, Itabashi Wataru from Da Capo 2)
  8. Ultimate Photographer - Koizumi Mahiru - Kobayashi Yuu (Kanon from Umineko, Urushibara Ruka from Steins Gate)
  9. Ultimate Yakuza - Kuzuryuu Fuyuhiko - Daisuke Kishio (Suginami from Da Capo franchise)
  10. Ultimate Breeder - Tanaka Gundham - Tomokazu Sugita (Ronove from Umineko, Inoue Jun from Majikoi)
  11. Ultimate Mechanic - Souda Kazuichi - Hosoya Yoshimasa
  12. Ultimate Princess - Sonia Nevermind - Arakawa Miho
  13. Ultimate Musician - Mioda Ibuki - Ami Koshimizu (Ushiromiya Rosa from Umineko)
  14. Ultimate Team Manager - Nidai Nekomaru - Yasumoto Hiroki
  15. Ultimate Gymnast - Owari Akane - Romi Park
  16. Ultimate Traditional Dancer - Saionji Hiyoko - Mimori Suzuko (Love Live fan may knew her voice as Sonoda Umi)

I think as we can see we had 16 character who will participate in this exciting holiday. And the question is who will survive from this holiday. Well have fun to find it out.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

Oh, by the way I forgot to mention one important fact, but Danganronpa series was actually port from PSP version. Although it may already known though.

Anyway, as promised I'll list all of the seiyuu who voicing the character here. But first there was 3 returning seiyuu from Dangan Ronpa, they were Megumi Ogata (Yume from Koichoco, Mirror from Dengeki Stryker), Akira Ishida, and Nobuyo Ooyama. For new seiyuu and the character we had (I'll use format title - name - seiyuu (any role in translated VN)), and if you want more info about seiyuu, just click MAL link and you could see that they were professional seiyuu.

1. MC - Hinata Hajime - Minami Takayama
  2. Ultimate Lucky Student - Komaeda Nagito - Megumi Ogata (Actually same seiyuu as Danganronpa MC, and also same title)
  3. Ultimate Affluent Progeny - Togami Byakuya - Akira Ishida (Returning character from Dangan Ronpa, and I think he was become glutton after Dangan Ronpa event so much he became fatter)
  4. Ultimate Gamer - Nanami Chiaki - HanaKana (Raziel from Tokyo Babel, Kagari from Rewrite, Shiina Mayuri from Steins Gate)
  5. Ultimate Nurse - Tsumiki Mikan - Ai Kayano (Eve from Tokyo Babel)
  6. Ultimate Swordswoman - Pekoyama Peko - Kotono Mitsuishi
  7. Ultimate Cook - Hanamura Teruteru - Jun Fukuyama (Maou from G-Senjou no Maou, Itabashi Wataru from Da Capo 2)
  8. Ultimate Photographer - Koizumi Mahiru - Kobayashi Yuu (Kanon from Umineko, Urushibara Ruka from Steins Gate)
  9. Ultimate Yakuza - Kuzuryuu Fuyuhiko - Daisuke Kishio (Suginami from Da Capo franchise)
  10. Ultimate Breeder - Tanaka Gundham - Tomokazu Sugita (Ronove from Umineko, Inoue Jun from Majikoi)
  11. Ultimate Mechanic - Souda Kazuichi - Hosoya Yoshimasa
  12. Ultimate Princess - Sonia Nevermind - Arakawa Miho
  13. Ultimate Musician - Mioda Ibuki - Ami Koshimizu (Ushiromiya Rosa from Umineko)
  14. Ultimate Team Manager - Nidai Nekomaru - Yasumoto Hiroki
  15. Ultimate Gymnast - Owari Akane - Romi Park
  16. Ultimate Traditional Dancer - Mimori Suzuko - Mimori Suzuko (Love Live fan may knew her voice as Sonoda Umi)

I think as we can see we had 16 character who will participate in this exciting holiday. And the question is who will survive from this holiday. Well have fun to find it out.

Does the PC version not include the dub? And if it does, does it include the original Japanese?

On 4/21/2016 at 1:51 PM, Vorathiel said:

I must say I'm pretty dissapointed by trials. I'm after two of them, and murder cases are just less interesting than in previous game.
But. The backstories/mottives for characters/reasons death occured are much better than in a first one! Holy hell, feels!

CH3 is p. universally shat upon (still gave me some feels though), CH4 is a bit controversial, bang-up great case IMO

The last third of the game is damn fucking good though

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

CH3 is p. universally shat upon (still gave me some feels though), CH4 is a bit controversial, bang-up great case IMO

The last third of the game is damn fucking good though

I hope so. Ch 3 was great, but case and trail were too predictable. But damn, they

Spoiler

killed my waifu. ;_; With who I will spend my free time now?

45 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I hope so. Ch 3 was great, but case and trail were too predictable. But damn, they

Reveal hidden contents

killed my waifu. ;_; With who I will spend my free time now?

Spoiler

holy fucking shit I'm not the only one who loves her ;_;

such a fucking cop out too 

5 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Oh wait I thought your waifu was someone else Kek 

Seriously? You're into... THAT? :P

Spoiler

I spent my time only once with that loli (because you're talking about her, right?) and she was so unapproachable with her filthspeaking, that I gave up doing it further.

Oh. Or maybe... you're talking about Mikan? Forgot about her. xD But didn't like it much either. Still better than loli.

Damn, Danganronpas have some near Huniepop level of characters variety. Shame that no charage-type-vns are that diverse. :P

42 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

@DarkZedge - I totally approve your choice of avatar. She's the best. From both games. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After trial 3. Boy oh boy, that was the weakest one by far. And that execution...wa it a joke? So unninspired, so bland... 

Thank you, she's definitely the best. :sacchan:

So I felt like giving her some love by making an edit for my avatar.

11 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

@DarkZedge - I totally approve your choice of avatar. She's the best. From both games. :P

10 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Thank you, she's definitely the best. :sacchan:

So I felt like giving her some love by making an edit for my avatar.

それがちがうぞ!

9l4STdp.jpg

Mikan is the best grill.

Almost finished.

Ech.

Spoiler

DG1 was much much more interesting. Characters, trials (well, chapter 4 in DG2 was awesome, but rest not so much. Still good tough, it's a really good game) and story. Boy oh boy, what the hell happened in the last Chapter. I'm dissapointed. It's not 'bad' per se, but it completly missed with things that I enjoy. 

Overall grade will be around 8.0, I gave DG1 8.4.