Island - Front Wing

OriginalRen

4tyTpzf.jpg

Let's all take a moment and talk about a good fucking visual novel, and I mean a good fucking visual novel. I haven't played a visual novel for over 2 years, and then Front Wing decides to go all "Hey bro, do you like good visual novels? Have some fucking cake son, and eat it like the disgusting pig you are."

Visual Novel Fan Response: "But Ren! This game is just moe trash and you hate lolis to begin with. Such poor taste...Little Busters was rated a 4/10 for this garbage?"

Island. Play the demo, love the game. Ohara Rinne is the best thing since sticky notes were invented. I've already ordered both the Getchu and Sofmap editions of the game, and I can't fucking wait until Comiket 91 this summer when Front Wing gives me a shit ton of goodies and t-shirts.

59FdKKA.jpg

Seriously though...

If anyone is in Japan, please let me know. Akiba Gamers, Animate, Sofmap, and Tora all have wallscrolls I want. Please help me, I will pay you my soul and all my money. Don't believe me? I fucking already waste my money on pointless weeb shit, so you can believe I'll waste my money on this pointless garage too.

Mastercard called and said they already fucking own your soul, bitch. Don't go trying to whore it out to someone else.

The art does look nice, though. Is it in English? Because I can't read Japanese past "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto..."

Mmmmmmmm... Mr. Roboto makes good sushi. Maybe I'll get that for lunch tomorrow...

Hey, you get my message that I totally got the poster you shipped? :makina: Don't be a stranger - I kinda like you. In that, "This internet dude is pretty cool and I'd probably have fun hanging with him if we actually lived somewhere and not just over the internet and shit" way.

15 hours ago, Valmore said:

Mastercard called and said they already fucking own your soul, bitch. Don't go trying to whore it out to someone else.

The art does look nice, though. Is it in English? Because I can't read Japanese past "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto..."

Mmmmmmmm... Mr. Roboto makes good sushi. Maybe I'll get that for lunch tomorrow...

Hey, you get my message that I totally got the poster you shipped? :makina: Don't be a stranger - I kinda like you. In that, "This internet dude is pretty cool and I'd probably have fun hanging with him if we actually lived somewhere and not just over the internet and shit" way.

Sorry, too busy fapping to beautiful VNs. @Down

1 hour ago, OriginalRen said:

If anyone is in Japan, please let me know. Akiba Gamers, Animate, Sofmap, and Tora all have wallscrolls I want. Please help me, I will pay you my soul and all my money. Don't believe me? I fucking already waste my money on pointless weeb shit, so you can believe I'll waste my money on this pointless garage too.

How I totally feel whenever I obsess over a new title.

Game looks nice though. I read a short summary and it seems promising. 

39 minutes ago, Decay said:

Hollywood ending? What? Is that part of the anime?

Talking about the conclusion of the VN in Rakuen. Everything that mattered is thrown out the window and it becomes its own stand alone game. If you think the girl's personalities meant anything, they do a complete 180 in Rakuen. If you like explosions, epic car chases, helicopter duels, romance, fighting, and broken hearts all told in compelling static imagery, this is the game for you!

Also:

Spoiler

Kazuki (the professor) is alive and is working for some evil dude because brainwashing. She also has a grafted robotic arm like some sick Liquid/Revolver Ocelot hybrid. This game completely throws logic out the window. Also, Yuuji has a clone. He kills things.

16 minutes ago, Asonn said:

Hide contents

df871c147af5a91581f65056e95ed7d8.jpg

How can this be evil!

Wow. Granted that most moeblob art looks pretty similar these days, but is it just me or does that face look like it was ripped straight out of a KyoAni anime?

And to be clear, I have no problem with that. The opposite, if anything.

Anyway, still looking forward to this whenever Front Wing brings it here, which I feel pretty confident they will.

Island. The first thing I knew it was from moogy tweet back at April's Fool. I kind of curious why this new release was worth to be include as a part of April Fool in regard of translation (Normally it should be good to gather some attention I mean), and from this thread and VNDB staff list I understand why. Well, maybe from Conjueror post all of you was already knew, but the writer for this game was also Himawari's writer, and one of the CG that post here remind me the drawing from Himawari remake and it turn out that the character design was also responsible for Himawari remake character design. For the opening, I think it was good. As for the seiyuu, the most senior one here would be Yukari Tamura, although for 2 other heroines I see the seiyuu also had some experience in term of voicing characters at many anime.

Since this project is Frontwing 15th anniversary and all age to boot, maybe they'll prepare it for the Steam. I mean well they already tried that with Sharin localization right now, so I think it's nothing wrong by trying to do that with their own VN in the future, right? Well, I'll see it later, and as for expectation, hopefully Island full version would fulfill everyone expectation (Although I won't play this though for obvious reason).

And for a little OOT in response to Ren Grisaia topic, I think just Kajitsu would be fine and if we want to knew our Yuuji a little bit, then Meikyuu would be a little necessary I supposed. But if that game considering as trilogy, well I had slightly doubt about that. Well, if we compared to Grisaia, hopefully here Frontwing wouldn't introduce supposedly posthumous character that revived in future sequels because the request from the higher up or something like that (I'm looking at you Kazuki). And obviously hopefully Frontwing would only need one game to develop all story in Island, although if we look from the writer it should be possible, although it may need fandisc though. And for everyone who could read Japan, good luck and hopefully Island satisfy all of you.