Visual novel game preferences - quick survey

balzacscoffee

6 hours ago, the_dive said:

Is Otome really a genre or type of game..? Like would tomb raider qualify as otome? lol

Otome is generally a term used to describe a game aimed at girl gamers and what they supposedly like. In general, if you look up otome games you'll find a bunch of trash romance games associated with it, because apparently, girls only like romance games, and don't want to play games where they kill things and do other super cool things only boys can do.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far, it helps tremendously! To answer a few of the questions:

@the_dive what @Valmore said!

@sanahtlig: by word games I'm talking about games like Scrabble, Words with Friends, crossword puzzles, hangman, Moxie, Boggle, Scattergories, etc.

I'll come back and share more of the background of why I chose to research this, which might make the game categories on the survey make more sense. Not going to share it yet because I don't want to bias anyone who still wants to take the survey!