New here

moonstarfc

13 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For the cliche word here "Welcome to the Fuwanovel and hope you enjoy your stay here", although I'd definitely happy we got another new member here though.

If you talked about Love Live, I think there were some user here who was fans of it, and I at least knew that @Jade and @bigfatround0 was fan of them (Although for bigfatround0 he was more Honoka fan though, judging from his avatar). As for me, I'm not too much of a fan, but at least I knew that Love Live was very popular in internet and also in Japan.

Since you talk about Sono Hanabira, for yuri VN how about Katahane, Aoishiro, and Yurirei for your next VN. Katahane and Aoishiro was more like more subtle in regard of yuri (And Katahane was had one straight couple, but if you want more nitpicking the seiyuu for male in straight couple was female), while Yurirei was not so subtle in regard of yuri. And if you had any problem to playing VN, just come here and ask the help from us.

Once again welcome to moonstarfc and hope you had fun here. Also for a little suggestion you better look forward for moe picture in your thread.

Thank you for the recommendations! I've seen all of those around, I just have to get ahold of them :)

13 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

Salutations! And welcome to the forums! Wish you find your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one!:sachi:

I'm not really a Elite Visual Novel Player/Reader like most of the people above and more like a casual reader at best like yourself, being new to the Visual Novels genre and stuffs. But I could recommend some few VNs that pretty good starting point for people new to the VN genre. Try checking out Long Live The Queen and Hatoful Boyfriend. They're friendly to beginners and the games are quite fun and hilarious too, also the protagonist in these games are Females so it might fancy your interest in some way being a girl and all... Oh almost forget about Kindred Spirits On The Roof  one of the best recent Yuri titles out there!

Anyways hope you have some fun!:mare:

I hadn't seen Long Live the Queen before, but it looks cool. A friend recommended me Hatoful Boyfriend as well, so I'm definitely going to check it out.

8 hours ago, Kaykeiokay said:

If you're still interested playing Dramatical Murder and Togainu no Chi, you might want to check out the troubleshooting topics on the Aarinfantasy forums. There's troubleshooting topics here as well but not too many users over here actually read yaoi. If you're still having issues give me a shout, I'd be happy to help you figure out what it is.

As for recommendations, I second Hatoful boyfriend (not the Vita port, though) its charm levels are off the charts and its ridiculously rewarding to get the true end. Aside from that, there's also Lamento it's from the creators of both Dramatical Murder and Togainu no Chi. Lamento is probably my favorite of the three.

I finally got TnC to work yesterday after screwing around with it for most of the afternoon -_- But I finally got it to play. I had to download new versions of pretty much every single thing (I had originally downloaded the Fuwanovel torrent...). But eventually I got it so that the script patched and I can play it. DMMD seems a little bit less complicated than TnC to install, so hopefully I'll have some better luck with that. 

14 hours ago, moonstarfc said:

I think I downloaded Ever17 a year ago, either that or it was Never7. But I couldn't get it to work for some reason. But I'll definitely give it a try again! I used to not have administrator privileges on my own computer, but now I do, so hopefully that should help me out. 

Ever17 needs a fix to work on Windows 7 and above. If that's the VN you have installed -and although it drags at points it's certainly the more engaging of the two- I have the fix uploaded to a cloud link, so tell me and I'll send that link over to you. ^^

If it's Never7, then it's a bit more of a bother since that VN always seems to screw up at something or other when trying to run. That said, you probably will need a file called "soundserver.dll" for the sound. I should have that up too.

Just now, Funyarinpa said:

Ever17 needs a fix to work on Windows 7 and above. If that's the VN you have installed -and although it drags at points it's certainly the more engaging of the two- I have the fix uploaded to a cloud link, so tell me and I'll send that link over to you. ^^

If it's Never7, then it's a bit more of a bother since that VN always seems to screw up at something or other when trying to run. That said, you probably will need a file called "soundserver.dll" for the sound. I should have that up too.

Ah, I think it was Never7 then, since that soundserver.dll sounds familiar. Since I couldn't get it to work, I think I deleted it to make space for more files. So I would have to download it again. 

I have Windows 8....although I used to have an old Windows Vista laptop, now I regret getting rid of it since it would make some things easier to run :P

But anyway, which one of those would you recommend playing first?

32 minutes ago, moonstarfc said:

Ah, I think it was Never7 then, since that soundserver.dll sounds familiar. Since I couldn't get it to work, I think I deleted it to make space for more files. So I would have to download it again. 

I have Windows 8....although I used to have an old Windows Vista laptop, now I regret getting rid of it since it would make some things easier to run :P

But anyway, which one of those would you recommend playing first?

Never7's more of an almost simple romance-focused story except for the latter part of most of the routes. So unless you're real sucker for the art and/or cheesy and cliche romance, Never7 will probably be a bit difficult to get into. Worth it? Yeah, but you mustn't go in with any expectations whatsoever. It's (for the most part) like the average "white dude goes, blows up shit, has hot sidekick love interest, saves world" sort of action movie- nothing groundbreaking or outstanding, for the biggest part at least.

Ever17 suffers from repetitiveness and pacing issues as well, however, it both has a far more interesting premise and a better payoff. A far more original cast, a more complex story, and arguably better atmosphere are E17's strengths. 

Although they're both in the same VN series ("Infinity"), since there's barely any connection between the games it's okay to start from whichever is more to your tastes. Keep in mind that E17 is by far the most beloved VN of the three Infinity games (release order: Never7, Ever17, Remember11), and it's the one I would recommend since it's all around better.

Remember11 is another option but it has 20+ (30+?) endings and is incredibly complicated at times, and so it's best left for after Ever17 IMO. Best atmosphere and mystery in the trilogy though.

TL;DR: Go with E17. It's godlike.

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Never7's more of an almost simple romance-focused story except for the latter part of most of the routes. So unless you're real sucker for the art and/or cheesy and cliche romance, Never7 will probably be a bit difficult to get into. Worth it? Yeah, but you mustn't go in with any expectations whatsoever. It's (for the most part) like the average "white dude goes, blows up shit, has hot sidekick love interest, saves world" sort of action movie- nothing groundbreaking or outstanding, for the biggest part at least.

Ever17 suffers from repetitiveness and pacing issues as well, however, it both has a far more interesting premise and a better payoff. A far more original cast, a more complex story, and arguably better atmosphere are E17's strengths. 

Although they're both in the same VN series ("Infinity"), since there's barely any connection between the games it's okay to start from whichever is more to your tastes. Keep in mind that E17 is by far the most beloved VN of the three Infinity games (release order: Never7, Ever17, Remember11), and it's the one I would recommend since it's all around better.

Remember11 is another option but it has 20+ (30+?) endings and is incredibly complicated at times, and so it's best left for after Ever17 IMO. Best atmosphere and mystery in the trilogy though.

TL;DR: Go with E17. It's godlike.

Okay, thank you, I'll keep that in mind ^_^

Welcome to the fuwa, so preoccupied on finally completing Steins;Gate that i'm really late with the greetings.:pyaa:

It's nice to meet ya ms. moonstar, I don't share much fandom with Yuri/Yaoi, but I believe there's plenty more people that do here. I'm new to VNs as well, prefer it has likable characters and a plot I can follow, cause i'm so slow.:rimu: Not that smart, but i'll help out any way I can if needed.

Hope we can get along and here's some Love Live!

Spoiler

tumblr_static_5b9oolu086scs0wg8cc4gsco.j