Normal Guy in a Monster School/Setting

torbin12

So, Im looking for anime and manga [(anime preferred, but manga is ok)even VNs, but I would never mention those here since this is the Anime/Manga forum *wink wink*)] about a normal guy who somehow winds up in a monster school/city/world/*insert any setting here, really* similar to Rosario + Vampire, for those who have seen it. Note: When I say monster setting, I don't mean that he sees that our world actually has monsters or whatnot in it, I mean he legitimately goes to a place where there are either no other humans, or few other humans. The protagonist would preferably not be some super 'perfect at almost anything except he is a little pervy or something' types, more like a normal dude. The ideal series would have a romance of some type in it between the protag and somebody. In some situations, situations similar to Shuffle can be accepted (where the monsters are basically completely integrated into Human society) but while acceptable, this would be the least preferred avenue.

With the basic premise accepted (Monster setting of some sort) any setting, theme, or genre is acceptable, with exception to full Yaoi or Yuri(partial of either is acceptable :P Soft obviously, given next preference), and preferably not full hentai(although if I need to sacrifice this to fill this need, it will be gone).

I understand the request might seem rigid and solid, and I apologize for this, but hopefully this will give a decent idea of the type of thing I'm looking for, and maybe narrow down the ideas. Hopefully I dont destroy any possibility immediately :P

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for spending any time thinking about it.

All my posts are constructive sad.gif

The Familiar of Zero (ゼロの使い魔 Zero no Tsukaima?) is a fantasy and comedy-oriented series of Japanese light novels written by Noboru Yamaguchi, with illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka. Media Factory published 20 volumes between June 2004 and February 2011. The series was left unfinished due to the author's death on April 4, 2013.[2] The story features several characters from the second year class of a magic academy in a fictional magical world with the main characters being the inept mage Louise and her familiar from Earth, Saito Hiraga.

So much more recent than I remember.

Tabitha-the-familiar-of-zero-9487411-480-360.jpg

I liked this show-- Petopeto-san

The human guy attends a school where the other characters are (cute) Japanese youkai.

"for example, one student on the swim team is a kappa, while another, a nurikabe, merges with walls and is popular in the summertime for having a very cool temperature."--Wikipedia

Wow... just wow. I wrote a whole paragraph about Rosario+Vampire just to realize that you mentioned it in the topic post. I should really read first posts more thoroughly. Anyway, did you enjoyed Rosario+Vampire? I personally thought that the basic premise of it had a lot of potential, but completely slaughtered any shred of quality due to selling out to fanservice and ecchi. The anime also pretty much completely ignored the initial theme of a human kid stuck in a school surrounded by no other creatures than monsters, along with it being a school rule to execute any humans found on campus. This could have made a great psychological thriller, or horror. But no, its nothing but another harem ecchi anime...

Wow... just wow. I wrote a whole paragraph about Rosario+Vampire just to realize that you mentioned it in the topic post. I should really read first posts more thoroughly. Anyway, did you enjoyed Rosario+Vampire? I personally thought that the basic premise of it had a lot of potential, but completely slaughtered any shred of quality due to selling out to fanservice and ecchi. The anime also pretty much completely ignored the initial theme of a human kid stuck in a school surrounded by no other creatures than monsters, along with it being a school rule to execute any humans found on campus. This could have made a great psychological thriller, or horror. But no, its nothing but another harem ecchi anime...

By that logic, I guess Haruhi Suzumiya could've been a serious show about the paranormal and the occult, but they chose to make it nothing but another romantic comedy....

don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing.

By that logic, I guess Haruhi Suzumiya could've been a serious show about the paranormal and the occult, but they chose to make it nothing but another romantic comedy....

I see where your going with this, and I suppose my logic is flawed. But don't even pretend that Rosario+Vampire's basic premise wouldn't have been way more effective and realistic as a psychological thriller (I mean the guy is stuck in a school where every other creature could brutally mangle, and mutilate him, added to the fact that if his identity is found out the school authorities would be after his head as well.) I certainly wouldn't be flirting with every other girl when I'm concerned about my life; since it's in a constant state of danger. I admit, in order to accommodate my far superior plan for Rosario+Vampire it might require completely re scripting the show, and using a different animation style. But fear not, if I'm ever invested with enough money to buy the rights to the series and to hire an animation crew, I would totally act on my idea and redeem the show. :P Yeah, sorry to people who enjoy ecchi anime, and liked Rosario+Vampire, but when my imagination is let out of its leash it will deconstruct anything.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, I recently recalled a similar anime, I believe the premises were that a male protagonist was transferred into a school suddenly.  He later finds out that all the students around him are youkai/monsters and that the head-mistress had him transferred in for the purpose of procreating and keeping the races of the monsters from dying out.

Anyone have an idea as to the title?  It's really killing me, I believe he also ends up having some sort of special ability or something, but I don't rightfully recall.