Games like Eustia?

Kanbe

6 hours ago, Chronopolis said:

You'll have to specify which part of Eustia you liked. Fantasy, animated characters with moe?

Probably the latter.

But if you're talking about fantasy, there's:

• Princess Waltz
  • Kamidori Alchemy Meister
  • Tears to Tiara
  • Utawarerumono
  • Tokyo Babel (if you're talking about the wings)

56 minutes ago, Tweek91330 said:

It's hard to find game like eustia, i still didn't find something like it. As said before, your best bet would be sen no hatou witch isn't out yet, in the meantime, try baldr sky  or something like that, i can't really recommend you others games since you played most of the game in my list xD.

I'd double down on Baldr Sky... both of the duologies.

Silverio Vendetta comes to mind, for instance... though it is more Masada-esque than Eustia.

Muramasa (obviously)

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide (this is the closest one, in my mind).

6 hours ago, Clephas said:

Silverio Vendetta comes to mind, for instance... though it is more Masada-esque than Eustia.

Muramasa (obviously)

Wut?! In what way are bunch of mecha and postapocalyptic warfare sagas similar to a medieval fantasy epos???

I mean, that's like offering a radish to someone who asks for similar fruits like a banana. :blink:

I think Clephas wanted to give him really good story driven VNs since medieval fantasy settings without gameplay are almost inexistant. Eustia being a kamige (at least for me ^^), it's even harder to give OP a game on the same level and settings ^^.

Baldr sky => Despite being good, the game is pretty easy to read (much like eustia), setting are nothing alike, sure.. But i though that someone who enjoyed eustia could enjoy this one too with a pretty high possibility.

Silverio vendetta => dunno about this one, i planned to play it someday though.

Muramasa => has the "past era" feels (but not the moe lol), ok, it's not western medieval, more past japan. Still, one of the better games out there if you have enough reading skill to enjoy it.

Oh and you can try eushully games. Those have a high amount of gameplay, if it doesn't bother you, they could be good to play.

A lot of them have medieval fantasy settings, even if i don't believe you'll get the same feel as eustia. On the other hand, i don't even know if those even have a good stoy (by that i mean above average plot driven VNs), could someone who played them comment on that point ?

I too, did some research for a while to find a game like eustia with no success. I'm also waiting for sen no hatou since it's been announced. Now the time where we can get the game should be near, trial's release is coming in something like two weeks, just a little more patience :sacchan:

On 2016/4/17 at 8:07 AM, Tweek91330 said:

I think Clephas wanted to give him really good story driven VNs since medieval fantasy settings without gameplay are almost inexistant. Eustia being a kamige (at least for me ^^), it's even harder to give OP a game on the same level and settings ^^.

Baldr sky => Despite being good, the game is pretty easy to read (much like eustia), setting are nothing alike, sure.. But i though that someone who enjoyed eustia could enjoy this one too with a pretty high possibility.

Silverio vendetta => dunno about this one, i planned to play it someday though.

Muramasa => has the "past era" feels (but not the moe lol), ok, it's not western medieval, more past japan. Still, one of the better games out there if you have enough reading skill to enjoy it.

Oh and you can try eushully games. Those have a high amount of gameplay, if it doesn't bother you, they could be good to play.

A lot of them have medieval fantasy settings, even if i don't believe you'll get the same feel as eustia. On the other hand, i don't even know if those even have a good stoy (by that i mean above average plot driven VNs), could someone who played them comment on that point ?

I too, did some research for a while to find a game like eustia with no success. I'm also waiting for sen no hatou since it's been announced. Now the time where we can get the game should be near, trial's release is coming in something like two weeks, just a little more patience :sacchan:

Zephyr Colerain, the protagonist of Silverio, has some things in common with the Eustia protag... though the big difference is his personality. 

Common points:

Zephyr is trained as an assassin

Zephyr takes on dirty work to make a living.

The protagonist comes from the worst kind of background.

Differences:

Zephyr is former military

Zephyr is a deserter

Zephyr is unbelievably cruel to his enemies during battle (his combat style is at least in part based on driving his opponents into an extreme emotional reaction in order to give him an advantage...)

Zephyr is a coward by nature, compulsively cautious

Zephyr has powers, lol

The setting has a few common points...

Similarities

Despite being based in the future, it feels at times like it is in the past due to issues of culture and tech.

The story itself is contained within a city that has a huge disparity between the average citizen and the poor.

Differences

WWII level weapons technology

Human enhancement

Knowledge of the past, combined with an inability to recreate it

In terms of style, the VN tends to be more consistent than Eustia was on a whole (none of the fundamental setting contradictions that drove me into a frothing rage with Eustia)

The heroines are much better in Silverio, lol.

Edit:

On 2016/4/16 at 1:51 AM, Clephas said:

Muramasa (obviously)

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide (this is the closest one, in my mind).

I don't think Muramasa fits the bill. I guess if you like the internal struggle of Caim played out over something way more mature. But I think a lot of the people who like Eustia I think would be bored to tears playing Muramasa.

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

I'm playing the game right now and only on the first route...but I'd like to expand on this VN.

Hane has the plus side of having https://vndb.org/c31357 a wonderful sweet character who's voiced by the same voice actor as Eustia. Since the author's Shumon you the game's going to be gentle with character friendship and relationships carefully described. Otherwise it's a game with a very deep (alternate?) Christian setting. What singlehandedly makes it similar to Eustia is that it has quite a nice atmosphere and it's a very different world that can draw you in.

13 minutes ago, Chronopolis said:

I don't think Muramasa fits the bill. I guess if you like the internal struggle of Caim played out over something way more mature. But I think a lot of the people who like Eustia I think would be bored to tears playing Muramasa.

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

I'm playing the game right now and only on the first route...but I'd like to expand on this VN.

Hane has the plus side of having https://vndb.org/c31357 a wonderful sweet character who's voiced by the same voice actor as Eustia. Since the author's Shumon you the game's going to be gentle with character friendship and relationships carefully described. Otherwise it's a game with a very deep (alternate?) Christian setting. What singlehandedly makes it similar to Eustia is that it has quite a nice atmosphere and it's a very different world that can draw you in.

Why is it that that VA only plays weak-minded characters? lol