HOTD Saeko-san(Highschool of The Dead)

TheGuy21

Okay so, this has been in quite a debate for awhile. I'm also excited to say that there will be a S2 for HOTD this 2016 or so. Just a fun fact for the people who don't know yet.:rimu:

Anyway...we all know that Saya, Rei, Saeko, and Shizuka ALL LIKE Takashi to their extent. Setting that aside, in ep9 we know that Tak and Sae were trapped in a temple and they spent the night there. In the manga(they say since I haven't read it yet), nothing happened. In the Anime, something CLEARLY HAPPENED. Be it a kiss or more. Now...what I'm getting at is..at the end where they got to Saya's mansion, Saeko and Takashi were walking side by side...while Tak's arm was around Sae AND Sae was holding his arm. Take note of that action, it will be important later. Now, Sae asked Tak if he'd "take responsibility" and he said yes and such. Okay, so before that...we can't say he's injured in a way because before they got to the house, Saeko asked Takashi that and they were running in a line, not side by side...now, they were walking leisurely and in a relaxed state so that means there was at least some romance in there. Now I could be wrong since I haven't read the manga yet, but hear me out still. People were debating that that was a figure of speech about Takashi being their leader and stuff, that could be one reason...but there could also be a romantic reason for that. I'm not saying that Saeko is pregnant but we can assume at least that they 'did it' because she could mean that Takashi should "take responsibility" for being her first. Now some people might argue that it's too soon or stuff like that, but think about it...first, it's an Anime, secondly, anything can happen since they know that every second could be their last, thirdly, Takashi accepted Saeko for who she is mostly for his survival but also because he regarded Saeko as "the coolest girl he's ever met". Let's fast-forward a bit...we can see that in the mansion when Saeko is wearing a kimono(?), we can often see that Seako and Takashi have these "awkward moments" where they keep complimenting each other and keep blushing. We can also see this when Saeko asked Takashi about whether he'd take responsibility or not, we can see her face all pure and full of longing, love, and care towards Takashi and their 'actions' so to speak. We can also see this when Rei and Takashi ALMOST did it during ep11, Rei was slightly mad or pissed off at when Saeko was waiting outside the door to speak with Takashi...we can see the frustration during that time, because, well duh, girls can read girls easily...so she knew something was up with Saeko and Takashi. She didn't want to lose Takashi, her childhood crush, after losing Hisashi. So she was protecting her man...or something along those lines.:amane:

Now, we can safely assume as well that Takashi is more inclined to Saeko in a way because deep inside he knows that the reason Rei is with his is because Hisashi is already dead, but if Hisashi would've lived, we all know that Rei and Hisashi would be together...like all the time. Rei wouldn't notice Takashi that much anymore or would get jealous when girls cling to him. Because come on! Saeko and Takashi are the best pair in my opinion. Rei only came back to Takashi because...well, we all know already why. What I'm trying to prove is, we know that Saeko likes Takashi and she's just being ominous or vague about it, and it de-bunks the theory is them being just 'close friends'. Sure, Rei likes Tak now but..that wasn't the case before z-day, after kindergarden. Cause duh! We're men, we can't know or don't want to assume how a girl feels about us because we'd only get hurt in the end, amirayt?:makina: We can also see their desires from the OVA of HOTD. That...steaming...amazing...fan-service...ECCHI..EPIC EPISODE!!:sacchan::illya:

What are your thoughts about it? Mine is very clear--Takashi and Saeko HAVE something akin to a romantic relationship but Takashi can't decide who to choose between Rei and Saeko because Rei is his childhood sweetheart and Saeko is somewhat his current "ideal" woman.  :miyako:

1 hour ago, TheGuy21 said:

Okay so, this has been in quite a debate for awhile. I'm also excited to say that there will be a S2 for HOTD this 2016 or so. Just a fun fact for the people who don't know yet.:rimu:

Gotta ask, where did this information come from? Is it speculation or has it been confirmed? 

24 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Gotta ask, where did this information come from? Is it speculation or has it been confirmed? 

Well, it's both I guess. It's not yet confirmed when exactly but, some are saying 2016. There is however reasons why Japan 'stopped' releasing HOTD. Here's some of the reasons why http://release-date.info/tv-series/highschool-of-the-dead-season-2-release-date/ it's said that they "temporarily" forbade the release of apocalyptic type anime, so that's the main reason why. It's all there in that site. Fingers are crossed though.

1 minute ago, TheGuy21 said:

Well, it's both I guess. It's not yet confirmed when exactly but, some are saying 2016. There is however reasons why Japan 'stopped' releasing HOTD. Here's some of the reasons why http://release-date.info/tv-series/highschool-of-the-dead-season-2-release-date/ it's said that they "temporarily" forbade the release of apocalyptic type anime, so that's the main reason why. It's all there in that site. Fingers are crossed though.

You probably shouldn't believe that, I feel like it might come eventually but probably not 2016.

And I feel like the whole reason Rei was with Hisashi in the first place was because Takashi was an asshole who couldn't get his shit together. I mean he smacked her in the face in the first episode, Not cool. But when he actually gets his shit together she starts to feel attracted to him again.

1 minute ago, FrozenRaven said:

You probably shouldn't believe that, I feel like it might come eventually but probably not 2016.

And I feel like the whole reason Rei was with Hisashi in the first place was because Takashi was an asshole who couldn't get his shit together. I mean he smacked her in the face in the first episode, Not cool. But when he actually gets his shit together she starts to feel attracted to him again.

Well, the main reason I posted this wasn't about the release date. But hey, as long as it comes.

Well, if you delved deeper, you can see why Takashi loses his shit. It's because Rei has become a stubborn girl. Well, tbh, Takashi was the most hurt when Rei went with Hisashi. Takashi was slow...very, I'll admit that, but then again, Rei was too fast. She wanted Takashi to realize it without even hinting it that much to him, I mean how would Takashi make a move if he's a somewhat reserved type of guy who tries his best to protect and respect the women around him. Takashi is a laid-back type of guy, so it's natural he wouldn't take that much interest as time went by when he felt that Rei was slowly pushing him away and going to his best friend Hisashi. BEST. FRIEND. A majority of people know the pain this will cause, I know I do.

1 minute ago, FrozenRaven said:

Well if you delve even deeper and look at the context of Rei's situation pre zombie outbreak you can see that Rei probably went with Hisashi in the first place because he was there for her in a time when she needed someone and Takashi wasn't. 

Exactly! Takashi wasn't dense, he was just SLOW. And personally, I just think Rei was doing the wrong things or not doing anything to make Takashi notice her MORE. Since Takashi was well, slow and stuff. But hey, it's all part of the charm of anime, the less straight, the better the fan conclusions and sometimes, the better the story sounds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 2:37 AM, TheDeadApostle said:

Lies lies .

Don't give hope to my fragile heart .

If it doesn't air I'll be disappointed again .

Like I said--the reason they stopped it is because of the earthquake and tsunami Japan had. They temporary wanted to stop "apocalyptic" shows because what they went through was kinda apocalyptic in a sense. But the S2 it yet TBA.