Lucid9:Inciting Incident Discussion Thread

Dark_blade64

So, question. This doesn't seem to be the full game. (VNDB says: "The first part of the game")

Does it end on a massive cliffhanger that will just make me angry because the rest isn't out yet? Should I just wait for the whole game, or is reading this part "safe"? (Know that I absolutely hate cliffhangers.) 

(Minimal spoilers, please.) 

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

So, question. This doesn't seem to be the full game. (VNDB says: "The first part of the game")

Does it end on a massive cliffhanger that will just make me angry because the rest isn't out yet? Should I just wait for the whole game, or is reading this part "safe"? (Know that I absolutely hate cliffhangers.) 

(Minimal spoilers, please.) 

Spoiler

If you hate cliffhangers, wait for the whole game.

32 minutes ago, grim_tales1 said:

I wonder when we could see the next part of the game, maybe next year?

In another post someone posted a picture of

Reveal hidden contents

a text message/email from one of the characters but I dont think I saw that when I played the game

, how do I get those to appear?

You probably have the same bug as littleshogun I believe? Check a bit further up on this thread you should find the solution

I'll dump this in spoilers, cos there's gonna be a few. Might not be explicit, haven't decided yet, but I wanna offer my thoughts.

Spoiler

Firstly, this was excellent. I was expecting something kinda romancey, a bit soft, and largely guessable from the word go (I opted to read as absolutely little as possible before I played it; I heard the ending was sad after I downloaded it, but aside from that nothing). In all honesty, were it not for the prologue I would have thought this from the first hour or so of gametime (I think). Yet, this well and truly smashed that.

The puzzle elements were fantastic, and I must admit I was hoping that those would come up a bit more often than the 'game' at the start.

The utilisation of humour was, again, fantastic, and it was noticeable how much the usage was dimmed down to great effect, particularly as Yahiko started to show his vulnerabilities. Made the first half extremely funny and the second half extremely poignant.

I write this 5-10 minutes after I finished, so I'm still feeling somewhat raw, so I'll put down how I'm feeling right now if that's alright. The constant false hope, the opportunities where it looked that it might have gotten better - it kinda drove it home for me how unfair life can be, fictional or otherwise. I got very involved in Yama's character, and the cold, nauseaic feeling that washed over me (and to be honest has still trapped me) as the climax surprised me more than anything. I expected to cry when I first actually realised, but they didn't come. And that's probably the most effective part of this for me. Horror, intense sadness, whatever it was, well and truly sunk me, yet that emotional release didn't happen; I put this down to the writing of the final scenes, laying out the brutality and mental torture that no image could.

Whether or not I truly liked the ending is debatable as, while I don't go for H much I'm a big fan of a romantic subplot, and it was a massive kick in the shin... while I was half expecting it, nowt of that magnitude.

Just... really, really, really good job. I look forward to the second part, whenever it comes out.

A scene replay function on the menu would've been cool, as there are specific bits that I'd like to re-read. I mean, I could just use the save files, but ballache. I'll do it though, seeming as the feature isn't there.

@AaronIsCrunchy Thanks a lot, really! It's such a nice feeling to see people enjoying what we've been hard working on for two years now, and it really motivates us to get you all the second part. If you want to help us, please do share the download link to the people you know and help us spread the awareness even more :D

It'd be really awesome if we could build a community out of this game, I think our game has the potential to. Steam discussions are pretty lively, and we're planning on opening a reddit soon.

• 1 month later...

Bumping here. This time I'll post another review for this game. Here's the review, and hopefully it could be good for your feedback, @Diamon. And here's his last word from the review that I'll quote here (Before that, I'm sorry if the word couldn't motivated you or discourage you).

After seeing the ending of this game I have only one thing to say to the creators. You evil bastards, you better get that next part out quick.

Hope the review could help for the feedback, and more opinion was of course good. For information, actually the blogger already reviewed the anime since back at 2005 so he was quite experienced in reviewing anime if you need to know about the reviewer experience.

• 5 weeks later...

@Diamon Hey there! I´m reading Lucid9 since yesterday and just got introduced to Shigure. I really LOOOOVE the Sarcastic humor. the MC is right up my alley i just enjoy sarcasm. And I really like the deduction parts. Oh and good work on the Soundtrack too. I never read VNs without Japanese voice acting actually so this is my first time and I really enjoy it! The soundtrack is damn awesome. from silly tracks like "Consequences of a Fool" to engaging tracks like "Gover Mecher" it´s done very well. I´ll probably make a post again when I have completed it but I just wanted to share my thoughts about this great game.