Lucid9:Inciting Incident Discussion Thread

Dark_blade64

On 17/4/2016 at 1:01 PM, Tiagofvarela said:

I have concluded my initial playthrough of the VN.

As a Visual Novel that promotes itself as being part of the mystery genre, I was quite positive I would enjoy it. The latter trailers advocated a tone shift I had not initially anticipated from the demo, and for me: a most regrettable shift.
Yet, it did not deter me from my merriment. There were many segments I appreciated materially, despite, deeply inside, being aware it would finalise the way it did.

For context, I would be classified as the average moege player, and as such, not be contained in your immediate target zone. Thusly, I shan't complain.

Notwithstanding, here are the various notes I took as I progressed throughout the game, not necessarily in chronological order, presented in their raw, senseless state. At a later date I shall interpret them further:

Reveal hidden contents

Akira - Mad because of Rui's unrequited feelings; can't touch -->feelings?; subject of Rui...?; lonely?

Shigure - "pass?" (test); "Remember?" (Airi); Independent Killings; abandons Yama

Masari Inori - uses murders for political agenda

Elizabeth - "She's done far worse"?; Keeps mentioning her (Yama); Works; "mum"; "father" -->[police officer?; might know more (Elizabeth)] <--"Kidnapper"; "exactly like..."; can't music;

City - day 1 (bad feeling); bus crash; police (days 2+); police cars

Misaki - Seto/Satomi (mum); intense?; job?; phone sprite monstrous; street? --> District 6 --> mum; doesn't deserve to be mum (mum); "parental negligence"; father lost job => less miki?

Way Forward pharma - booth: research division

Lemniscate - booth

Yahiko - stoic expression; (trying to be stupid foreshadow); perceptive Rui-Yama; cheered up yama -> chicken fight?; test essay; thinking; familiar Airi; vacation time => doesn't see parents often; tries to help others; "first meeting"; "I know who you are"

Rui & Yama - close; (commenting on each other's comebacks -> annoying - day 1); bus-> memories

Ryouta - Phil (metaphor?); wants to help people: trusts Yama, unlike Shigure; therapist -> murderer?

Masato - money ("cocky") --> street?; not perceptive; "uncalled for" (mad at Yama); suspects Miki; street?; why he's in track -->scholarship; 8 siblings; Mad at yama's apathy?

Rui - friends shadow? - doesn't like classmates; mad at Miki; detour -> blondie; took morning off; "woman's things" excuse

Yama - helps Rui; can't deal with Rui's love; "her"; "list of things Yama can't be"; really bad place after Miki left; depressed before and after Miki; dead people?; father lost job => less miki?; "anyone else" -he was bullied?; (post event:) - "it's like I have someone else in this head of mine; 2 people fighting over my body; suicide attempt; 1st crutch -> sister?; "as if I'm speaking to myself"

Brunette/Natsuki -> Shigure?; interest?; DID? --> [night life; troublemaker] <-- "goose chase"; capable; worried??? -> mad

Frail/Airi - strong/fights?; Shigure?; "Remember?"; dead parents;

failed horse puzzle

Killer - beurocracy, iron gate, schedules -> therapist?
           - disappearing students
           - "expecting someone else" => [kidnapper =/= killer; OR someone she knows] -> therapist?   
           - psychological problems -> therapist?

Emails? - forecast?

1.6 children

hyper fabio brothers - "you fight against a guy who steals peaches"; I see what you did there

Very glad you enjoyed it! :)
Any scene that you liked in particular? Also best gril ranking?

I'm only a couple of hours in, but I legitimately like the story so far. However, there are some minor mistakes I noticed.

Spoiler

The two that I noticed right off the bat are when Yama first walks into the counsellor's office, he mentions him sitting at a mahogany desk, when the background of the room depicts a plastic/glass modern art-type desk. Next when carrying Rui on the way to school, while it's clear that he's carrying her in his arms, the text occasionally reads as if he was carrying her on his back.

These are very minor grips, and don't detract from my enjoyment or the story at all, but you may want to address them in the future if you have patches planned anyway. If you don't mind this kind of feedback, I'd be happy to report anything else I notice.

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If Diamon want to know the feedback for Lucid9, here's the review from Gamer Escape. The response was quite positive I see, and the reviewer said that this game was deserved to get the same attention as Katawa Shoujo. Hopefully Diamon like the review there.

Although I question the reviewer decision about calling it a fan game? :huh:

Okay, as promised after I got some help from zenophilious here of how to attach the image, I'll give you of how backlog error in my laptop. Below is the picture.

ZgButH4.png

And another is with the text at topmost backlog

toM0qxc.png

Hopefully from the image diamon could fix the error. Oh, and may I ask for direct link to the patch, since I'd already tried to redownload from Steam, but it still had backlog error. Thanks in advance.

@littleshogun That's really weird. I'll forward that to our programmer, but he's a bit busy with working for another game right at the moment.
Here are the different fix I can propose to you:

• Start a new game, not one from your save file. Is the problem still here?
  • Be careful, this solution will erase your game save. If you're on windows, go to your steam folder => steamapps => common => Lucid9 => game => saves => delete all the content. After that, go to C:/Users/user_name/Appdata/Roaming/Ren'py/Lucid9-1440647848, and delete the content as well (you need to allow windows to display hidden files and folders, there are tutorials on the web if you don't know how to do it). Does the problem still persist?
  • Last solution, try to repeat the previous steps, but after that, instead of launching the game on steam, download the game on Itch.io : https://fallen-snow-studios.itch.io/lucid9vn 

So far your issue seems to be something pretty isolated, so I don't have a clue what might be causing that for you and not others. Hopefully one of the fix I gave will work.

On 18/04/2016 at 0:07 AM, Diamon said:

Very glad you enjoyed it! :)
Any scene that you liked in particular? Also best gril ranking?

Relatively to your query on the topic of my favoured scenes, I will confess that I particularly enjoyed the deduction segments. Beyond which, the comedic scenes were markedly amusing - notably the scenes in the aptly named 'amusement' park.

Were I to be forced into categorizing the various grills over the course of the game, I'd first present a complaint at the conspicuous lack of grills, and then proceed to classify the female individuals as such:

Shigure > Elizabeth > Airi > Rui > Akira > Misaki > Natsuki

I would elaborate, but I have resolved that said elaboration is best left for another, more substantial, post.

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, as promised after I got some help from zenophilious here of how to attach the image, I'll give you of how backlog error in my laptop. Below is the picture.

And another is with the text at topmost backlog

Hopefully from the image diamon could fix the error. Oh, and may I ask for direct link to the patch, since I'd already tried to redownload from Steam, but it still had backlog error. Thanks in advance.

Okay, I think I know what the problem is, since someone had the same issue as you.
When in game, try pressing "shift-g", and try the rendering option in that order : "OpenGL" / "DirectX" / "Software". You will need to restart the game each time for the change to take effect. It should work properly with one of the three, hopefully.

It's very likely that you have outdated OpenGL drivers, creating this problem. I'd suggest to update them in the future so that you won't have any issue with other games.

Now this is just getting weird....

I'd been to some creepy forest (and seen weird shit with a talking pool and hands) - could that be the same place as at the very start of the game?

Now I'm in an apartment in a run down area. What's the deal with Natsuki? Is she psychic or something?!

I dont like Shigure, all she does is act all high and mighty and insult me, but this is odd. Is Natsuki her superior? :(
Come to that, I like Natsuki even less.. its... creepy.
I like Rui and Misaki, theyre cute :)

2 hours ago, grim_tales1 said:

Now this is just getting weird....

Hide contents

I'd been to some creepy forest (and seen weird shit with a talking pool and hands) - could that be the same place as at the very start of the game?

Now I'm in an apartment in a run down area. What's the deal with Natsuki? Is she psychic or something?!

I dont like Shigure, all she does is act all high and mighty and insult me, but this is odd. Is Natsuki her superior? :(
Come to that, I like Natsuki even less.. its... creepy.
I like Rui and Misaki, theyre cute :)

"I wonder~"

2 minutes ago, grim_tales1 said:

I really like (if thats the right wording)

Hide contents

How the game is making me think about relationships and my own mental state, how I think about things in real life, as it seems to be touching on darker, more psychological stuff (mental illness, suicide etc)

I take it you're entering the climax. Brace yourself!

Just now, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I'm pretty early in (I think), but I'm enjoying things so far. Main reason for posting is this:

Hide contents

4448f98da3896f53a3b1014e5196c910.png

THIS ENTIRE PASSAGE HURTS MY SIDES

I haven't creased so much laughing since the 'hooded meeting' scene in Grisaia. Top effort guys.

Did you notice that you could scroll up the messages? :D