Could someone transl Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito VN

Not a fan of the communitie's attitude towards requests. I get it, no one is expected to translate anything for anyone, but at least have more tact. Especially to those new to the site. Also, perhaps a thread could be created where a poll could be taken to see which titles people would like to see translated. Nothing has to come from it, but perhaps a translator may see it and consider it. To OP: Your best bet is to ask Mangagamer or Jast. I wouldn't bother with Sekai tho.

There's one thing you have to learn and that is nobody is gonna translate something unless they're personally interested in it. Asking people to translate something will not get you very far. If you want to understand the VN, learn Japanese and read it yourself rather than asking translators to do something specifically for you.

2 hours ago, Erogamer said:

Not a fan of the communitie's attitude towards requests. I get it, no one is expected to translate anything for anyone, but at least have more tact. Especially to those new to the site. Also, perhaps a thread could be created where a poll could be taken to see which titles people would like to see translated. Nothing has to come from it, but perhaps a translator may see it and consider it. To OP: Your best bet is to ask Mangagamer or Jast. I wouldn't bother with Sekai tho.

Asking for a translation is like asking an artist to draw you fan art for free. No offense to you in anyway, but in the artist community it's rude and that kind of stuff doesn't fly, nor should it here. Ask anyone who does commission work.

3 hours ago, Erogamer said:

You make a good point. I agree, cold and overly blunt responses are unnecessary, especially when it's clear that the user is new to the site and that he hasn't seen too many of these threads get constantly shut down by the same answer over and over. 

It hardly takes much effort to explain the situation in an orderly fashion. It's really just a few lines:

Translating something takes a lot of time and effort. It is not something people will do without motivation. Most of the time, a translation project is started because the translator(s) have a genuine interest in the title and wish to make that VN available to others who don't speak Japanese. (Or a different language of course.)

Therefore, taking requests from a person, and just suddenly starting to translate a visual novel one has no connection to will rarely happen. In fact, it pretty much never happens.

Perhaps we need a sticky for newcomers that attracts their attention with a provocative title such as "Make your translation requests here" and the thread instead explains it as Dergonu did below.

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

It hardly takes much effort to explain the situation in an orderly fashion. It's really just a few lines:

Translating something takes a lot of time and effort. It is not something people will do without motivation. Most of the time, a translation project is started because the translator(s) have a genuine interest in the title and wish to make that VN available to others who don't speak Japanese. (Or a different language of course.)

Therefore, taking requests from a person, and just suddenly starting to translate a visual novel one has no connection to will rarely happen. In fact, it pretty much never happens.

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You make a good point. I agree, cold and overly blunt responses are unnecessary, especially when it's clear that the user is new to the site and that he hasn't seen too many of these threads get constantly shut down by the same answer over and over. 

Ah that's true...

I was personally fine with just sternly telling people off (without going as far as to attack them ofc), and people not taking it personally and learning. But I guess this works as long as you can be broad-minded enough. The person's in fact new each time.

9 hours ago, Valmore said:

Nice, I'm getting clickbait rankings! :mare: I mean, I still can't compare to Sensei @OriginalRen but even getting mentioned is nifty.

I do it for the subs and piles of thick YouTube cash. I'll be rolling in monetization soon, and then @firecat will have been right this entire time. You're all idiots for trusting me.

On 14/4/2016 at 8:41 AM, ittaku said:

Perhaps we need a sticky for newcomers that attracts their attention with a provocative title such as "Make your translation requests here" and the thread instead explains it as Dergonu did.

This was actually a serious suggestion...

• 1 month later...

would anyone know where to find a copy of the game. purchase or download is fine. i wouldn't expect a link since i don't know this forums policy in regards to that. I've tried ebay, amazon, cd japan, a bunch of different hobby figure sites linked from myfigurecollection. I'm at a loss and would appreciate a point in the right direction. google hasn't been much help for me.

edit: nevermind google 4582104740083 jan, it's the first link